• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Manga UK: Redline Planned for N. America in 2012

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the_seventh_l

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:19 pm Reply with quote
HNGH this news pleases me. I've been waiting to see REDLINE since it hit Japanese theatre and my Twitter feed pretty much exploded about it since day one. I hope I love it as much as everyone else seems to.
icomeanon6
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:30 pm Reply with quote
I still haven't heard anything about an English dub for this movie. I've been under the impression that the release will be sub only. Has anyone heard otherwise?

Either way, really looking forward to this one!
Psycho_Despair

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:50 pm Reply with quote
IF they release a Collector's edition, like this one http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B004XAM0QK or better, then I'll be happy to wait next year.

This will actually be great if they do an awesome English dub!!

Last edited by Psycho_Despair on Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Animerican14

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:52 pm Reply with quote
I sure hope as hell that this'll have an English dub... seeing just how crazy-awesome (and plain crazy-crazy) the animation looks in the trailer, I don't think I'd settle for anything less. This kind of beautiful weirdness shouldn't be lessened by forcing people to read subtitles at the bottom of a screen to fully understand.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
kyokun703

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:21 am Reply with quote
Sweet, I can't wait to get this. Totally blind buying this, just based on the rave reviews from everyone who's seen this. I'm hoping this will be on bluray.
maxxjulie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:35 am Reply with quote
a little birdy told me it's already available on certain sites with subs and in hd if you catch my drift.
Animerican14

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:59 am Reply with quote
maxxjulie wrote:
a little birdy told me it's already available on certain sites with subs and in hd if you catch my drift.

...Just like pretty much every anime that comes out of Japan nowadays, sherlock. Some of us look forward to legitimately buying or renting a copy that we can view on our own televisions, y'know? Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:49 am Reply with quote
maxxjulie wrote:

A word of advice, the average member here doesn't like people who simply pirate their anime. Don't mention things like that here.
BorgmanJayce

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:18 am Reply with quote
Charred Knight wrote:
maxxjulie wrote:

A word of advice, the average member here doesn't like people who simply pirate their anime. Don't mention things like that here.

You do know there ARE people out there who download fansubs as well as buy anime legally, plus there are those who download fansubs of shows that are available legally for streaming in certain areas (North America), but not in other areas (the UK in particular, especially where anything Toei-related is concerned!)
maxxjulie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:14 am Reply with quote
BorgmanJayce wrote:
Charred Knight wrote:
maxxjulie wrote:

You do know there ARE people out there who download fansubs as well as buy anime legally, plus there are those who download fansubs of shows that are available legally for streaming in certain areas (North America), but not in other areas (the UK in particular, especially where anything Toei-related is concerned!)

that's been my way for as long as i've watched anime. everyone i know that watches anime does this. so the average member of this site is not the average anime fan. i own around 500 anime dvd's region 1 btw and 4 region 2 miyazaki's that were like $50 each.
samuraiwalt

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:26 pm Reply with quote
Charred Knight wrote:
maxxjulie wrote:

Sometimes downloading is the only way to see titles that will probably never be licensed like Legend of the Galactic Heroes. Just because I download something doesn't mean that I won't buy it when it becomes available on DVD. For example I just purchased Sword of the Stranger last week. I watched it first on download then again when it played in the theater before I purchased it.
braves

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:41 pm Reply with quote
Hilarious misunderstanding tweets from Manga UK aside, it's nice that they confirmed this bit of info. They also confirmed that it's getting a dub. I don't regret my LE purchase at all, but I'll still be double-dipping on this release barring any terrible decision from Anchor Bay. This movie deserves all the support it can get.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Doto004

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:35 am Reply with quote
the article says next year in 2012 I thought it was getting released this year in october
Chagen46

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:06 am Reply with quote
braves wrote:
They also confirmed that it's getting a dub.

YES.

As a super massive gearhead and racing nut, I owe it to myself to watch this, or any anime that deals with racing. Maybe I can watch this with my friend, holy god it's gonna be awesome.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1