• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime that is so bad its good in other ways

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
naruto fan 09812

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:36 am Reply with quote
I wondering have you seen anime that is so bad its good in other ways. For example,it I having trouble going to sleep. I just pop in a DVD of Haibane Renmei and I will be sleep minutes. Or if I need a good laugh I just watch One Piece dub and laugh at the god awful voice acting. Also,if I need to give revenge to a friend. I just give him a DVD of Eiken. Trust,he will be mad watsing his evening watching this crap. Futhermore,if you need to prop up your table,just use a DBZ DVD its work wonders.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:10 am Reply with quote
naruto fan 09812 wrote:
I wondering have you seen anime that is so bad its good in other ways. For example,it I having trouble going to sleep. I just pop in a DVD of Haibane Renmei and I will be sleep minutes. Or if I need a good laugh I just watch One Piece dub and laugh at the god awful voice acting. Also,if I need to give revenge to a friend. I just give him a DVD of Eiken. Trust,he will be mad watsing his evening watching this crap. Futhermore,if you need to prop up your table,just use a DBZ DVD its work wonders.

Mind telling us why you thought some of these shows were bad in the first place? I know a lot of people on this site (myself included) tend to view Haibane Renmei in the very highest regard, so for you to say "lol its bad lol" is a bit...odd. You need to explain such things, otherwise we have no idea what you're saying and you leave yourself open to quite a bit of ridicule for making controversial statements for absolutely no logical reason.

You also might want to explain these "alternate ways" said shows are enjoyable. Specifics help, man.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
jetz

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:38 pm Reply with quote
I actually get what naruto fan 09812 is talking about here, but somehow it feels like he's asking us to do some anime - bashing.

The fact that he said he's describing Haibane Renmei the same way I would describe a lecture from my Philippine History professor is definitely anime bashing..
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dgreater1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:48 pm Reply with quote
jetz wrote:
I actually get what naruto fan 09812 is talking about here, but somehow it feels like he's asking us to do some anime - bashing.

The fact that he said he's describing Haibane Renmei the same way I would describe a lecture from my Philippine History professor is definitely anime bashing..

{OPEN RANT}

And this thread will surely bash him for that Shocked Anyway, I don't really have a show which I could bash and then at the same time say it's good in some way... I could also read the title as an awful medicine... Erm... I mean, a medicine that has a terrible taste but it will cure your body of stupidness... Erm... sickness...

{CLOSE RANT}
hiddenryuu

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:53 pm Reply with quote
Did you know the series "Naruto" can teach you how to BS? I mean if you need to write a paper that you are stuck on, watch it to learn how to drag it out! I mean, why else would anyone wanna watch a series that could have been told in 10 eps instead of 300?

Honestly , this thread seems like an excuse to bash series you don't like. If I were you I would learn to respect other people likes and dislikes even though you don't agree with it. Or else, you're just asking to be flamed and bashed.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:19 pm Reply with quote
Err.. yeah, I get the sense of anime bashing here as well. A subject like this can lead to all sorts of contrasting views and eventually flaming, so I'm going to spare everyone the potential stress and stop this fire from spreading. Maybe if the wording were a little different...
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1