• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Bleach Blanket Bingo

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DavidShallcross

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:14 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Once it's out, we can all look forward to Fairy Tail Musou, Boogiepop Phantom Musou, Princess Tutu Musou, Cosmos Pink Shock Musou, and Angel Cop Musou.

I applaud you for your restraint in not mentioning Koihime Musou. I'm not so strong.
N.R.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:08 pm Reply with quote
Sakura, Karin AND Mika in Street Fighter VS Tekken? That's great! I'll be buying the game on day one if this rumor proves to be truth.
darkarcon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:14 pm Reply with quote
My only real issue with the Bleach game was with it's lame combo system. It's practically the same for every character, either hit like 3-4 times or press jump before the last hit, you can throw in a special attack here or there, but it's still pretty boring when compared to the Dynasty series with charge attacks that vary. The lock-on is pretty bad, dashing usually makes you over shoot the target, force grinding with characters to unlock the 'sphere grid', stupid that you have to stand and stop attacking to use the ultra attack, and a story mode that's pretty much pointless since it ends so quick. The game has it's moments, but when most of the game revolves around the mission mode that doesn't have anything to do with the story and only needs you to complete certain objectives, it's a pretty big disappointment. They had a decent combat system that worked in their 'Soul Carnival' series, but guess it didn't translate well to this game.

I for one am excited to find out there's a One Piece Musou game. Hopefully it will have a system similar to that of the Gundam ones. Wasn't too impressed with the Hokuto one (still did get a plat trophy for the japanese version).
JuicyB

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:09 pm Reply with quote
It's a shame about Dragon Quest going MMO; I always had a soft spot for the series but I am done with MMOs, they are a waste of time unless you want to see the absolute dregs of humanity in action for lolz or whatever.

Anyone else getting the new Warhammer 40k game? I really enjoyed the demo, seems like a good fusion of beat em up and shooter.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:23 pm Reply with quote
I don't have much to say about this X Button article unfortunately (must be all the assignments I've had to do and keep getting), other than the fact a Dragon Quest MMO is a really bad idea. Here I thought nothing could be worse than FF XI; I stand corrected.

Solomon Grundy hate anime? He should be banned! Stupid Western comic book loser characters ruining anime for everyone (the emphasis is a joke). Anime hyper
PBsallad

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:33 pm Reply with quote
JuicyB wrote:
Anyone else getting the new Warhammer 40k game? I really enjoyed the demo, seems like a good fusion of beat em up and shooter.

I have the 360 version pre-ordered. I know it shipped out the night before, not quite sure when it'll come in though. I haven't played the demo, but it looks awesome from the trailers and other videos I've seen.
Brand

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:43 pm Reply with quote
DQ MMO is almost sort of tempting for me because I love slimes and then I could play a game with slimes for like ever and ever and stuff. Okay not really and I don't own a Wii or plan on getting a Wii U so I'll most likely not be playing it.

Now, Slime Mori Mori Dragon Quest 3 I'm all over that. I played the last two and loved them, I can't wait for this.

I'm also super excited for Corpse Party. I like VN (like Umineko and Higurashi) and adventure games so this pretty much a sure fire win for me.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Son-kun

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:06 pm Reply with quote
I will wait and see how DQX does. DOIX was pretty good from what I've read, but didn't provide the expansive, open world single player experience that DQVIII had. From what I've been reading of DQX, it looks to combine both elements from the prior two titles. I don't mind it being an MMO if it has the type of multiplayer seen in DQIX. My only problem with the game is that it doesn't have Level-5 behind the development. Square-Enix's internal team hasn't had a good wrap these past couple of years, but hopefully under Yuji Horii's guidance, the game will come through as being solid or better.

One Piece Musou could work, but I've only played Hokuto Musou and the first DW Gundam to make a measure. But I've read the recent DW Gundam (2&3) titles fared better than the prior two. I just want a good OP game for the states.
teh*darkness

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:49 pm Reply with quote
JuicyB wrote:

Yeah, I picked up Space Marine at the midnight launch, but I'm just getting around to starting it today. I got it on PS3. If you haven't already, you should check out Kill Team. Short but sweet, with couch co-op.
JohnnySake

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:18 pm Reply with quote
Unfortunately I have to agree with darkarcon's assessment of the Bleach game. In order to get a character to be strong enough to complete some of the missions, you really do have to grind alot to get enough points to level up.

On the plus side, it's fun to hear the characters speak with the same voices as the anime. And depending which characters are facing each other in the individual missions, you will sometimes get extra dialog out of them too.

If you're a Bleach fan, you might get a little extra mileage out of it. Not a bad game, not a great game.
Forte-sama

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:19 pm Reply with quote
Alright, so here's my question, do we all spring for Street Fighter X Tekken, Tekken X Street Fighter, or both?
darkarcon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:23 pm Reply with quote
Forte-sama wrote:
Alright, so here's my question, do we all spring for Street Fighter X Tekken, Tekken X Street Fighter, or both?

With the way Capcom has been doing things, I'd wait 6 months for the eventual Ultimate Super Hyper Combo Edition in which they combine both those games into one.

On another note, Tales of Xillia!!! Can't wait!!
Paul Soth

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:29 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Bit.Trip Existential Anguish, where a pixel man just sits morosely in a corner of the screen, was never released.

It was done better in Vinnie Vole's Existential Nightmare anyway.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:14 pm Reply with quote
One Piece games don't get western localization very much, do they? It'll be interesting to see how this turns out. (Is Gigant Battle 2 still in the works? I haven't heard much out of that.)

Also, how do retail games with subscription fees for their online play work in terms of pricing? Is it reduced-cost to get the game, then it's made up for in weekly/monthly fees? Because I'd be annoyed having to pay $50 for Wii or likely $60 to $65 for Wii U, plus tax (or shipping if online, which is massive to my area and costs more than tax and gasoline combined), then having to pay $20 every month to be able to play. Doubly so since I'd likely not be able to play much.
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:35 am Reply with quote
So that mystery Bandai Namco teaser site turned out to be yet another One Piece game. *yawn*

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2