• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Astro Toy - Tamashii Spec Tekkaman Blade With Pegas

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FaytLein

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:35 am Reply with quote
I've had my eye on this set for a while, and hearing how its mostly plastic kind of breaks my heart, I will eventually have to pick this one up. The Hi-Colt Voltekka pose alone makes it awesome enough to own, though the price is just a bit too steep right now.
Zach

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:46 am Reply with quote
Damn, no love for Tekkaman Blade from the toy crowd, huh?

While I've been eyeing one of these for a while, the fact that the Blade figure itself is kind of underwhelming has put me off from it. That and I'd rather keep hunting for that Armor Plus figure.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:46 am Reply with quote
Zach wrote:
Damn, no love for Tekkaman Blade from the toy crowd, huh?

ANN got its money's worth. Laughing
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:06 am Reply with quote
Quote:
I'll pause for a minute while a bunch of you leave.

Take comfort in knowing while I may not be fully interested in these lines of toys, I still read the article. It's my hope you'll review a robot which will be the first to enter my collection.

Unfortunately, this one will not be it. It looks to me I can walk into any dollar store, buy a handful of the robots, put them together to form "Supreme Ultra Mega Bot" and walk out the store with quality on par with this one.

Perhaps it's the lighting, but this thing looks cheap as those dollar store toys.

Oh... how stupid of me! I just noticed Bandai makes this!

Well, see you on the next robot article.
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:56 am Reply with quote
I won't pretend to know a lot about Tekkaman, I've got a Tekkaman Blade II DVD and some of the old Bandai models, butt hat's about as far as my knowledge goes. However I've always loved the designs from the series and there's nothing better than a chunky transforming robot so this is a pretty awesome looking set.

However, I'm going to pass on this in favor of the upcoming figma versions of Blade and Evil.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1