Forum - View topic
NEWS: AKB48 Idol Group Gets 1st Anime on Air Next Spring (Updated)


Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
darkchibi07



Joined: 15 Oct 2003
Posts: 4980
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:49 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if this is going to be like Idolmaster Xenoglossia with Kawamori involved.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Megiddo



Joined: 24 Aug 2005
Posts: 7814
Location: IL
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:57 pm Reply with quote
Well, we now know what the top selling spring anime will be.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kit-Tsukasa



Joined: 16 Mar 2006
Posts: 930
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:46 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Well, we now know what the top selling spring anime will be.

You forgot Fate/Zero season 2...

Anyways, Kawamori is high again? Maybe?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Majin Tenshi



Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 433
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:18 pm Reply with quote
And here i was expecting that he would be working on a Macross project since next year is the series's 30th anniversary. Instead, he's working on this ??
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Joichiro Nishi



Joined: 21 Jul 2007
Posts: 163
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:38 pm Reply with quote
Majin Tenshi wrote:
And here i was expecting that he would be working on a Macross project since next year is the series's 30th anniversary. Instead, he's working on this ??


After the crapfest that was Moecross Frontier, I wish Kawamori leave it alone.

About the AKB48 animu, it was mean to be. Young girls acting like retards for pandering toward misogynistic nerds unable to relate to women in a healthy way? Lonely men buying tons of merchandise as a way to show their love to his virtual girlfriend? Virgins, virgins everywhere? That sounds exactly like most animes nowadays.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
InsaneLampshade



Joined: 20 Jan 2006
Posts: 24
Location: England
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:10 pm Reply with quote
Joichiro Nishi wrote:
About the AKB48 animu, it was mean to be. Young girls acting like retards for pandering toward misogynistic nerds unable to relate to women in a healthy way? Lonely men buying tons of merchandise as a way to show their love to his virtual girlfriend? Virgins, virgins everywhere? That sounds exactly like most animes nowadays.

This.


However I wonder how many people remember the first AKB anime... ICE?
anime#7528
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5E6e2XiULCA

...it was pretty off the wall (and not very good... nice theme tune though). One questioned whether Aki P had been on some heavy drugs before coming up with it.


Though this new anime is obviously just going to be an idolmaster clone of sorts, voiced by AKB members.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
CrownKlown



Joined: 05 May 2011
Posts: 1648
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:17 pm Reply with quote
Epic lame; I thouht this was going to be an anime of the manga, where the guy dresses up as one of the chicks to help out the girl he likes to make the group; otherwise its just xenoglossia.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TsukasaElkKite



Joined: 22 Nov 2005
Posts: 3115
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:08 pm Reply with quote
epic lame. they'll make anime out of ANYTHING these days
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
reanimator



Joined: 25 Nov 2007
Posts: 1279
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:43 pm Reply with quote
Why this reminds me of two Saturday morning cartoons starring New Kids on the Block and MC Hammer in 80's?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
configspace



Joined: 16 Aug 2008
Posts: 3679
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:42 am Reply with quote
Except for me, I guess the people who will be watching it aren't posting here Laughing

I'd watch anyways, but the high caliber staff (writer, designer, director) has definitely gotten my expectations up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Beltane70



Joined: 07 May 2007
Posts: 2226
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:19 am Reply with quote
Since when can't Kawamori work on this and a Macross project at the same time?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
TJR



Joined: 13 Jul 2009
Posts: 223
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:24 am Reply with quote
Kit-Tsukasa wrote:
And here i was expecting that he would be working on a Macross project since next year is the series's 30th anniversary. Instead, he's working on this ??


His company is a sinking ship. While I'm sure Kawamori has other aims as a creator, saving Satelight may also be something he has in mind (assuming that they've directly invested in the production and are entitled to a share of the profits. They've usually done this on their higher profile projects, most of which flopped).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
enurtsol



Joined: 01 May 2007
Posts: 13700
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:40 am Reply with quote
Just watch girl/boy band-based shows on TV. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TakCWAL



Joined: 11 Jan 2009
Posts: 3
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:24 pm Reply with quote
TJR wrote:
His company is a sinking ship. While I'm sure Kawamori has other aims as a creator, saving Satelight may also be something he has in mind (assuming that they've directly invested in the production and are entitled to a share of the profits. They've usually done this on their higher profile projects, most of which flopped).


Would you kindly inform me and everyone else where you acquired the impression that his company is a sinking ship, and if you have any facts to support it?

On the other hand, a project involving idols from Kawamori (and Macross) is not at all news, the last being Macross VF-X, where the story revolves partially around rescuing a very popular idol group called: Milky Dolls.

- Tak
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
soul.assassin



Joined: 09 May 2011
Posts: 48
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:49 pm Reply with quote
Joichiro Nishi wrote:
Majin Tenshi wrote:
And here i was expecting that he would be working on a Macross project since next year is the series's 30th anniversary. Instead, he's working on this ??


After the crapfest that was Moecross Frontier, I wish Kawamori leave it alone.

About the AKB48 animu, it was mean to be. Young girls acting like retards for pandering toward misogynistic nerds unable to relate to women in a healthy way? Lonely men buying tons of merchandise as a way to show their love to his virtual girlfriend? Virgins, virgins everywhere? That sounds exactly like most animes nowadays.


Hey, hey, you railed on MF, then before you spat on Eva... and since you couldn't stand both of them, go back to K-On where you're comfortable at.

Sorry. Up yours. Mad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group