• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Stone Bridge Press to Publish New Editions of Gundam Novels in 2012

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrHatandClogs

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:35 pm Reply with quote
Awesome, will def be buying this one!
GhostShell

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:05 pm Reply with quote
I wouldn't mind checking the novels out, especially if they get into more detail. I basically became interested in Gundam when Wing came out and have been following the franchise off and on since then. Would be nice to get closer to the source material.
Hoofbites

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:03 am Reply with quote
I own the 2004 omnibus, and I'm assuming that the reprint will just be a copy of that edition with a new/revised foreword by Simmons. Honestly, though, Yoshiyuki Tomino is many things, but he is not a skilled novelist (the whole translation thing notwithstanding).

Still, it's Gundam, and it's good to have it back in print for the people who want to check it out and don't want to plonk down upwards of $100 on eBay.
BorgmanJayce

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:26 am Reply with quote
Hoofbites wrote:
I own the 2004 omnibus, and I'm assuming that the reprint will just be a copy of that edition with a new/revised foreword by Simmons. Honestly, though, Yoshiyuki Tomino is many things, but he is not a skilled novelist (the whole translation thing notwithstanding).

Still, it's Gundam, and it's good to have it back in print for the people who want to check it out and don't want to plonk down upwards of $100 on eBay.

Are the translated versions that came out from Del Rey really worth that much as I got all three volumes when they came out years ago, I think it was in London or in a bookshop in Calais when I was a teenager (Yes, you could buy English novels like the Robotech ones in France!) or is it just the original omnibus edition that's worth serious money on eBay?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1