• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword's Harp Trailer Streamed

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mario1234567

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:40 pm Reply with quote
This game is from the Gods. Game of the year guarantee!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
potatochobit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:31 pm Reply with quote
mmhm, gamecube graphics.
almost time to take the wii out of the closet.
Forte-sama

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:28 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Nintendo will release the adventure game for the Wii console in th last half of November.

Missing the "e" in the.

Quote:
As the 25th anniversary title in The Legend of Zelda game franchise

It's actually one of the 25th anniversary titles, not the only, but it is the only original The Legend of Zelda game to be released while the remaining titles were ports or re-releases of other The Legend of Zelda games.

Quote:
a CD with orchestral versions of music from the series will also be included with both versions of the game.

Nintendo has stated the CD is only being included in initial print copies of the game, meaning after the first or second shipment of the game have been sent out, the game will no longer feature the CD included with it.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:55 pm Reply with quote
I've heard rumors this may be the final great game for the Wii and while I am not sure if that is true or not (internet rumors can't be trusted, at least not these days anymore) at least it's a Zelda game and this looks like of the best Zelda games I've played in years.

I pre-ordered my copy several months ago (the standard copy, not the deluxe edition.) and I look forward to buying this game. It's been years since I actually bought a Wii Game and these days, the only games I buy from the Wii channel.
Gon*Gon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:05 pm Reply with quote
This better not be the last great game on the Wii or I'll be really pissed.

It looks really nice, but it's still just a Zelda game.

But something tells me most or all the developers are planning on a project for the WiiU by now. And with the exception of Nintendo's, most of them will be shovelware in the first year or two.
Kazemon15

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:15 pm Reply with quote
No left handed option and left handed link = no buy. <<

Seriously, I cant see Link as a righty. And I myself, being left handed, don't want to be put out playing this game right handedly when Link himself is originally supposed to be left handed.

This is why I got the gamecube version of Twilight princess because it was flipped.
Lightning Leo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:18 pm Reply with quote
I haven't really enjoyed a Zelda game since Ocarina of Time. Tried Wind Waker, gave Twilight Princess a go, but wasn't really moved at all. Skyward Sword seems like more of the same, I've seen most of the trailers already and I can't say I'm even excited a smidgen.

It's great that other people are looking forward to it, though. I was wondering, is there just something I'm missing here that other people see? Am I alone here thinking this way? Or maybe Ocarina of Time just raised the bar too high on my expectations? Confused
Gon*Gon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:50 pm Reply with quote
The truth is...most of the excitement for this game comes from the lack of a better game to compete with on the Wii.

That...and it's a really pretty game judging from the trailers and gameplay clips.

And people said Wii games looked ugly. Rolling Eyes

Aesthetically, my only gripe with the game atm is how Link transitioned from "looking like a cute girl" to "looking like a drag queen".
N.R.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:41 am Reply with quote
I've played Zelda games in the past and can't find the appeal in this game. The graphics look plain bad, no dubbing even though Zelda and Link are supposed to talk during cut scenes, a magical musical instrument is introduced like any other zelda game and you have to buy the Wii motion plus (which is useless for almost all the other Wii games) to play it.

I have a Wii, but this game is simply NG. Nintendo is looking down on its audience and the results will not be pretty.
Gon*Gon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:51 am Reply with quote
Graphics doesn't matter too much. What matters is the overall look of the game(color, settings, graphics, character designs, etc.), which graphics only play a minimal role in.

As for lack of dubbing, this has always been the case for Zelda games. Link is a silent protagonist, and silent protagonist don't talk beyond a few grunts and yawns. Having played a lot of RPGs, I can safely say that dubbing can pretty much ruin the mood if the voice actors are bad while drowning out the music. Remember the last time there was dubbing in something Zelda related?

Agree about the motion plus though...not enough DECENT games make use of it. Though that's probably attributed to how handy the nunchuk is for developers designing control schemes for their games. Then again...it's not like it costs all that much to buy it.
vashna

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:12 am Reply with quote
I was honestly hoping to see a version of this game make it to the Nintendo DS platform, but I think I might be dreaming by this point. Still, the stylus does work similarly to the Wii controller from my point of view, so it should be easy to port. I'm always a bit disappointed to hear these, because I have a disability that inhibits me from playing Wii games.
Ahiru77

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:52 am Reply with quote
Lightning Leo wrote:
I haven't really enjoyed a Zelda game since Ocarina of Time. Tried Wind Waker, gave Twilight Princess a go, but wasn't really moved at all. Skyward Sword seems like more of the same, I've seen most of the trailers already and I can't say I'm even excited a smidgen.

It's great that other people are looking forward to it, though. I was wondering, is there just something I'm missing here that other people see? Am I alone here thinking this way? Or maybe Ocarina of Time just raised the bar too high on my expectations? Confused

You're not alone. I have this too.

And OoT is my favorite game......together with Majora's Mask they've set the bar so incredibly high that I just gave up on Nintendo doing a game so perfectly for a third time.

BUT, I am grateful that they made OoT & MM. Only Nintendo. Wink
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:02 am Reply with quote
Gon*Gon wrote:
This better not be the last great game on the Wii or I'll be really pissed.

It looks really nice, but it's still just a Zelda game.

But something tells me most or all the developers are planning on a project for the WiiU by now. And with the exception of Nintendo's, most of them will be shovelware in the first year or two.

From what I've heard and witnessed myself, I think Nintendo is gearing up to prepare for WiiU and focus more on that than the Wii. I've been playing Legend of Zelda games since it came out for the original Nintendo Entertainment System (or NES) so it's really hard say these days.

But then again, the Nintendo I used to know and the current Nintendo are much different and Nintendo could very easily just retire the Wii and shift focus exclusively on the new WiiU when it comes out.
vashna

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:10 pm Reply with quote
I can really identify with you, as an individual who still waits for new Nintendo DS releases. It's getting more difficult as developers focus on the failing 3DS.
Gon*Gon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:37 pm Reply with quote
Well...there's always the upcoming Devil Survivor 2. As for the Wii...I'm still hoping for one of 3 specific RPGs to come over....

...or find a site that teaches me how to remove region-locks.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2