• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Click - February 16th - 22nd

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:34 am Reply with quote
Brian wrote:
Don't tell me what to do with my palms, Blood+ the series. I will turn my palms towards whatever I damn well please and you will not say or do anything about it. This flagrant display of coercive power angers me to the point where I don't feel like writing a description!

I was always angered by Find Waldo Now!. I'll find Waldo when I feel like it! Waldo will be fine. He can wait it out while I look for the version of him without the shoe.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
v1cious

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:10 am Reply with quote
so Canada seriously has been showing a dub of second barrage? i have yet to see a confirmation on this. i wonder why they changed "Greenback Jane" to "Counterfeit Jane"
jel123

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:45 am Reply with quote
Brian "The Click" Hanson wrote:
Gah. I honestly don't think such a thing as a "Virus Buster Serge" fan exists currently.

Maybe not but you can vote for your favorite "Virus Buster Serge" episode at SciFi.com viewers' choice poll.
In fact you can vote for any combination of four episodes of any series or movie that SciFi has (or soon will) broadcast.
Sci Fi website wrote:
Vote now to see your favorite anime episodes in our Viewers' Choice Anime block on
Monday March 31 at 11/10C!

Vote early and vote often - polls close Thursday February 28 at 11:59PM ET!
zetsuie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:23 am Reply with quote
Quote:
writing about stuff on TV to the no-doubt rapt attention of my loyal and possibly sexy readers
damn straight
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:07 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
so Canada seriously has been showing a dub of second barrage? i have yet to see a confirmation on this. i wonder why they changed "Greenback Jane" to "Counterfeit Jane"

What do you mean? If you meant the title, they didn't change it.

And speaking of Black Lagoon, for some reason, they aired Episode 16 again. Presumably, this is a mistake, so it should be Episode 17 that should be airing next week on G4TechTV Canada.
Tortoiseshell Tabby Girl

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:55 pm Reply with quote
Brian Hanson wrote:
Don't tell me what to do with my palms, Blood+ the series. I will turn my palms towards whatever I damn well please and you will not say or do anything about it. This flagrant display of coercive power angers me to the point where I don't feel like writing a description! Next show.

Gee, what happens when you encounter stop signs? You must not like the hokey-pokey either, or, in this case, the pokey-pokey:

"Put your katana in, take your katana out, put your katana in and you shake it all about. You do the pokey-pokey and the chiropteran gives a shout--that's what it's all about!"

Now, Hagi! Join in with your giant, coffin-shaped cello case! Anime smile
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:33 pm Reply with quote
We celebrate our new Click Pick with a retrospective (10/7 and 7/15 are my favorites for the irony):
2/17/07 wrote:
with Kai Doh Maru winding up as a Pear.

1/27/07 wrote:
They're also throwing Kai Doh Maru back on in case you missed it during the umpteen other weeks it has aired. They're generous, those Encore folks.

10/7/06 wrote:
You know, I'm rather tempted to start putting an embargo against these features, on the grounds that I've had to list them nearly a dozen times so far and have run out of funny things to say about after the second time.

9/16/06 wrote:
Another one sentence review: Pick something else, PLEASE, Encore Networks.

8/19/06 wrote:
All four of these “features” are only one-fifth to one-half parts good – the rest, quite atrocious.

7/22/06 wrote:
No commercials, no pesky logos and network bugs, no worries.

7/15/06 wrote:
This is a short, less-than-an-hour-long Production I.G film abou... oh, you've seen it already. Nevermind.

And finally, the closest to a nod I was willing to look for ...
5/6/06 wrote:
This is a really cool-looking OAV, similar in style to Manga's other brisk, fine-tuned Production I.G release, Blood The Last Vampire. But, is it worth staying up until 4:50 in the morning? Not really.

... and only Serge got a shame? This is like CBS picking up Dexter, except SciFi doesn't have a writters strike to blame.

(You too can search for "Kai Doh Maru The Click" ... but don't let the lack of relavent results on page 1 get your hopes up.)
TheVok

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:21 am Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
so Canada seriously has been showing a dub of second barrage? i have yet to see a confirmation on this.

What kind of confirmation are you looking for, other than Canadian viewers like me who have discussed the matter on this very site?

Yes, it's on.

(And yes, they screwed up on Friday with a repeat.)
LordByronius
ANN Columnist

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:46 am Reply with quote
bglassbrook wrote:
We celebrate our new Click Pick with a retrospective (10/7 and 7/15 are my favorites for the irony):
2/17/07 wrote:
with Kai Doh Maru winding up as a Pear.

1/27/07 wrote:
They're also throwing Kai Doh Maru back on in case you missed it during the umpteen other weeks it has aired. They're generous, those Encore folks.

10/7/06 wrote:
You know, I'm rather tempted to start putting an embargo against these features, on the grounds that I've had to list them nearly a dozen times so far and have run out of funny things to say about after the second time.

9/16/06 wrote:
Another one sentence review: Pick something else, PLEASE, Encore Networks.

8/19/06 wrote:
All four of these “features” are only one-fifth to one-half parts good – the rest, quite atrocious.

7/22/06 wrote:
No commercials, no pesky logos and network bugs, no worries.

7/15/06 wrote:
This is a short, less-than-an-hour-long Production I.G film abou... oh, you've seen it already. Nevermind.

And finally, the closest to a nod I was willing to look for ...
5/6/06 wrote:
This is a really cool-looking OAV, similar in style to Manga's other brisk, fine-tuned Production I.G release, Blood The Last Vampire. But, is it worth staying up until 4:50 in the morning? Not really.

... and only Serge got a shame? This is like CBS picking up Dexter, except SciFi doesn't have a writters strike to blame.

(You too can search for "Kai Doh Maru The Click" ... but don't let the lack of relavent results on page 1 get your hopes up.)

That is so very odd to see all those things I wrote about the same damn thing all compiled together.

I think when I am old and possibly dead I will have written more about Kai Doh Maru than Pauline Kael on the entire history of cinema. Everybody's gotta have a niche, I guess.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Fiction Alchemist

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:47 am Reply with quote
Delete.

Last edited by Fiction Alchemist on Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Elahrairah

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:43 am Reply with quote
Death Note NOT on adult swim!!!

Also, Samurai Champloo....

DVR says it's on, it records, but is replaced by something else....didn't bother to catch what it was....

Perhaps a different time?

Last edited by Elahrairah on Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:44 am Reply with quote
LordByronius wrote:
bglassbrook wrote:
[sic]
That is so very odd to see all those things I wrote about the same damn thing all compiled together.

I think when I am old and possibly dead I will have written more about Kai Doh Maru than Pauline Kael on the entire history of cinema. Everybody's gotta have a niche, I guess.

Nah, that was only the results from the first two of (at least) 19 pages. I wanted to include at least one good review, and just like parents who insist on having one of each, it took awhile.
SSJ Gohan 64

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:55 pm Reply with quote
Elahrairah wrote:
Also, Samurai Champloo....

DVR says it's on, it records, but is replaced by something else....didn't bother to catch what it was....

Perhaps a different time?

Nope, it's off the schedule for the moment.
toddc

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:01 pm Reply with quote
I find some perverse joy in watching networks sift through the dregs of Manga's catalog. Virus Buster Serge isn't even the worst of it; I'm hoping they end up airing Armageddon or Vampire Wars.
Zewerr

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:10 pm Reply with quote
toddc wrote:
I find some perverse joy in watching networks sift through the dregs of Manga's catalog. Virus Buster Serge isn't even the worst of it; I'm hoping they end up airing Armageddon or Vampire Wars.

Oh god! Armageddon! Will I ever get those two hours of my life back?!?!?

VBS was bad, but I'm not sure if it was that bad. I simply watched it as a comedy, and not an action sci-fi thriller. Then, it actually turns out pretty good. You can laugh at all the nonsense and crazy character designs! It's great!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2