• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
eureka seven...new series?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
waldopoo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:00 am Reply with quote
i was told by a buddy of mine from work;and big anime fan;
there is a rumor floatin' around japan
that bandai and bones were
thinkin' about pickin' up a second part
of the eureka 7 series
he said he read about it
in a blog wrtten by one of those
millions of white guys that live in japan

so i was wonderin' if any one has heard that same rumor Question

i would watch it because i love eureka
but i dont think it would be all that great
but since the maga is still on goin'
who knows it could be a block buster

and has anyone heard anymore about
adv films pickin' up a live action evangelion movie
Labbes

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:00 am Reply with quote
Eureka 7 - Yeah, I believe I heard something like that, too, I don't know if it is really credible or not, because I don't know the source of that rumour. I believe I found something about that on wiki, but I'm not too sure.

Live-action-evangelion: I believe that this movie was once announced, but is still far from being finished, so I don't think ADV will license it. They did, I believe, license You Are Not Alone, the first part of "Rebuild of Evangelion"
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:05 am Reply with quote
if there is going to be a e7 it going to be a movie i think there not much to go on after the series
BellosTheMighty

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:19 pm Reply with quote
We don't know anything, we haven't seen anything, we weren't there, and if we were there we were asleep. We have heard nothing, and there is nothing we wish to hear. We don't know, we have never known, if we did know we have forgotten and if we have forgotten we don't care to remember. Anything we may have said before is a lie, a rumor, a fabrication, a joke you missed, or a deliberate attempt to mislead you for our own amusement. We are internet. Hear us mumble.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:30 pm Reply with quote
Source or it didn't happen.

But in the meantime, keep an eye on ANN's front page -- if anything official is confirmed about more Eureka 7 or the live-action Evangelion movie, it will be announced there.
waldopoo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:43 am Reply with quote
i talked too my buddy today
and he said that it was not a white guy
the past week at work was hectic
so i misunderstood what he said
it was writtne in a blog
but it was written by someone
that is part of bandai
so it was insider info

i am still lookin' around
for info on eva but everywhere
i looked basically says the same thing
that was said two years ago
Zalis116

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:11 pm Reply with quote
waldopoo wrote:
i talked too my buddy today
and he said that it was not a white guy
the past week at work was hectic
so i misunderstood what he said
it was writtne in a blog
but it was written by someone
that is part of bandai
so it was insider info

i am still lookin' around
for info on eva but everywhere
i looked basically says the same thing
that was said two years ago
Again, can you give us some kind of link that we can look at ourselves? Maybe have your friend e-mail it to you?

Also, since you're new here, please take the time to read our forum rules, which can be found at:

animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=31

Especially this part:
Quote:
2) This forum is an English-language forum. All users are expected to have a working knowledge of proper English. We are not an IM chatroom; we expect proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation. All conversation must be in English. If English is your Second Language, please say so in your first post.
And please, use normal lines and paragraphs;
there's
no
need
to
type
this.
Westlo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:40 am Reply with quote
Movie is on the way, information was posted in latest newtype magazine. Would post link to the thread with the information but it's on "that" site. If you know the site you know the forum so check it out. Was posted by duckroll who posts there and on AOD so people who know him know it's legit. + it has a pic and staff listing already.

BellosTheMighty

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:24 pm Reply with quote
Huh. Well, that's definitely Renton and Eureka, but... I don't know, the drawing looks strange. Too chibi. Sure they're not really promoting an artbook or something? What does that text say, any clues?
thepope

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:29 pm Reply with quote
Can anyone pm the link to the site Westlo is talking about? Just finished this anime and I can't get enough of it.
Xenofan 29A

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:51 pm Reply with quote
BellosTheMighty wrote:
Huh. Well, that's definitely Renton and Eureka, but... I don't know, the drawing looks strange. Too chibi. Sure they're not really promoting an artbook or something? What does that text say, any clues?

They look younger than in the series. Well, if Kyoda's involved, I'll definitely give this a chance. I thought he did a very good job with the series.
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:11 pm Reply with quote
I've heard rumors about this for quite some time, and most of those rumors seem to hint that it's going to be a movie, not another series. As far as I know there's been nothing official though, and since I can't read Japanese that article pictured provides no information unfortunately.

I'm just hoping they don't totally screw up the series with the movie. I'm all for expanding on things a little bit or adding a new storyline, but I hate it when they make a movie or second series just for the sake of doing so and completely screw up the original storyline and its ending in the process. They can mess it up in two ways, either through an inferior and cliche ridden retelling like Escaflowne did, or by butchering the ending of the source material like the second Highlander movie did or Advent Children did. Based on the current information, it looks like it will be a retelling, which are usually the least reliable unfortunately.

As for that picture, I agree with what others have said, they look a lot younger in the picture than they were in the series. I'll keep an eye on it and see how others receive it should it see the light of day, but if it seems to be a horrible addition then I will view it the same way that I view the second Highlander film; or more specifically, to me it will just be as if it never existed. Frankly, sequels always make me nervous, especially in cases like this where the franchise they are adding to is one of my favorites as it is now.

Last edited by Keonyn on Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Westlo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:12 pm Reply with quote
Signs point to a retelling of the series atm.
thepope

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:55 pm Reply with quote
According to ANN's post it's a movie. Here's to hoping it turns out as great as the series did!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1