Forum - View topic
NEWS: Live-Action Dragonball Casts Ghostbusters' Ernie Hudson


Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
GATSU



Joined: 03 Jan 2002
Posts: 14547
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:02 am Reply with quote
It's pretty obvious who he's gonna be: Mr. Satan.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
britannicamoore



Joined: 05 Dec 2005
Posts: 2618
Location: Out.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:18 am Reply with quote
Fill me in GATSU on why you say that? I was thinking maybe Android 8. Or the more obvious choice. Wink

I must have been elsewhere when they said Jamie Chung was going to be in the film. I didn't know being On the Real World made you an actress.

Oh wait...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
TokyoGetter



Joined: 28 Nov 2006
Posts: 416
Location: CA. You can tell by the low moral standards.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:36 am Reply with quote
Guess Ernie is the only man who can take Billy Blanks' spot. It's like reverse Tarantino time here.

Jan Michael Vincent, you'll be getting a call pretty soon!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
barashin



Joined: 19 Dec 2007
Posts: 22
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:53 am Reply with quote
omg this place is so behind when it comes to the live-action Dragonball news Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing Some people are already saying that ernie might play Mr. Popo, not because of the color of his skin but a very specific role he plays in the movie, that's as close to that of Popo, yet not quite exact
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
testorschoice



Joined: 28 Apr 2007
Posts: 467
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:03 am Reply with quote
barashin wrote:
omg this place is so behind when it comes to the live-action Dragonball news Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing Some people are already saying that ernie might play Mr. Popo, not because of the color of his skin but a very specific role he plays in the movie, that's as close to that of Popo, yet not quite exact


Is there a place that confirmed Ernie's role? Without proof, it's rumor, not news.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
barashin



Joined: 19 Dec 2007
Posts: 22
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:12 am Reply with quote
testorschoice wrote:
barashin wrote:
omg this place is so behind when it comes to the live-action Dragonball news Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing Some people are already saying that ernie might play Mr. Popo, not because of the color of his skin but a very specific role he plays in the movie, that's as close to that of Popo, yet not quite exact


Is there a place that confirmed Ernie's role? Without proof, it's rumor, not news.


http://www.dragonballmovieblog.com/

Read em and weep. That site is pretty accurate thus far... You want proof? visit the site...

spoiler[Ernie Hudson Joins Dragonball


Movieland is reporting that actor Ernie Hudson (Ghostbusters) has joined the cast of Dragonball.

Translated: "We can not say much for the participation of Ernie in the film, only that his character will be an altar boy in a temple, which comes Gokú (Justin Chatwin) and his friends, who must support," says Luis Reyes, representing 20th Century Fox.]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
testorschoice



Joined: 28 Apr 2007
Posts: 467
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:55 am Reply with quote
barashin wrote:


http://www.dragonballmovieblog.com/

Read em and weep. That site is pretty accurate thus far... You want proof? visit the site...

spoiler[Ernie Hudson Joins Dragonball


Movieland is reporting that actor Ernie Hudson (Ghostbusters) has joined the cast of Dragonball.

Translated: "We can not say much for the participation of Ernie in the film, only that his character will be an altar boy in a temple, which comes Gokú (Justin Chatwin) and his friends, who must support," says Luis Reyes, representing 20th Century Fox.]


That's not "proof," just a blog retranslating another blog. Like that blog says in the very next line after the part you copied: "Let the speculation begin!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wilson_x1999



Joined: 04 Aug 2006
Posts: 176
Location: Monterrey, Mexico
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:37 am Reply with quote
barashin wrote:
... spoiler[Ernie Hudson Joins Dragonball

Translated: "We can not say much for the participation of Ernie in the film, only that his character will be an altar boy in a temple, which comes Gokú (Justin Chatwin) and his friends, who must support," says Luis Reyes, representing 20th Century Fox.]


...

It's not that difficult: spoiler[It's Mr Popo]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Animefan16



Joined: 24 Apr 2004
Posts: 1013
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:46 am Reply with quote
testorschoice wrote:
barashin wrote:


http://www.dragonballmovieblog.com/

Read em and weep. That site is pretty accurate thus far... You want proof? visit the site...

spoiler[Ernie Hudson Joins Dragonball


Movieland is reporting that actor Ernie Hudson (Ghostbusters) has joined the cast of Dragonball.

Translated: "We can not say much for the participation of Ernie in the film, only that his character will be an altar boy in a temple, which comes Gokú (Justin Chatwin) and his friends, who must support," says Luis Reyes, representing 20th Century Fox.]


That's not "proof," just a blog retranslating another blog. Like that blog says in the very next line after the part you copied: "Let the speculation begin!"


It's been cited by Funimation's DBZ site.
http://www.dragonballz.com/index.cfm?page=liveaction&CFID=2348590&CFTOKEN=85112929
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Shadowrun20XX



Joined: 26 Nov 2007
Posts: 1910
Location: Vegas
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:27 am Reply with quote
IDK,Satan is the only one who would possibly bring a gun(as stated in the Funimation post Ernie did some gun training) to a martial arts battle.Satan and Grandpa Gohan can't exist in the same timeline.And why no Gohan?Have they announced Kami?Obviously if Piccolo is there,there would have to be Kami.Without Kami the dragonballs wouldn't exist.I would hope they wouldn't show Mr.Popo without him.Besides,Ernie would be watercan training not gun training if he were Mr. Popo.

[Off topic] The first DBZ action figures from Funimation,had guns with every character.Good times.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
testorschoice



Joined: 28 Apr 2007
Posts: 467
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:19 pm Reply with quote
Animefan16 wrote:
testorschoice wrote:

That's not "proof," just a blog retranslating another blog. Like that blog says in the very next line after the part you copied: "Let the speculation begin!"


It's been cited by Funimation's DBZ site.
http://www.dragonballz.com/index.cfm?page=liveaction&CFID=2348590&CFTOKEN=85112929


A citation doesn't change the point that even this blog acknowledges that this bit was "speculation" until now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
barashin



Joined: 19 Dec 2007
Posts: 22
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:26 pm Reply with quote
testorschoice wrote:
barashin wrote:


http://www.dragonballmovieblog.com/

Read em and weep. That site is pretty accurate thus far... You want proof? visit the site...

spoiler[Ernie Hudson Joins Dragonball


Movieland is reporting that actor Ernie Hudson (Ghostbusters) has joined the cast of Dragonball.

Translated: "We can not say much for the participation of Ernie in the film, only that his character will be an altar boy in a temple, which comes Gokú (Justin Chatwin) and his friends, who must support," says Luis Reyes, representing 20th Century Fox.]


That's not "proof," just a blog retranslating another blog. Like that blog says in the very next line after the part you copied: "Let the speculation begin!"



UUUHHH Sir, excuse me, when did I ever say that he'll definitly play Popo? You are getting so definsive all of a sudden, lighten up! Mad Didn't I just say that some people are already speculating ernie to play popo? I didn't say he WILL, try read before you get all definsive on me Mad and the only reason why they say that, is because of the character he plays in the movie, it's an altar boy? Do you know what an Altarboy is? I bet you don't, because if you did, you wouldn't be biting my ass right now...


Last edited by barashin on Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Roy9076



Joined: 06 Jan 2006
Posts: 286
Location: California
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:26 pm Reply with quote
Everytime I see information and actors joining up on the Dragonball movie, I keep wondering "how?" All speculations aside, yeah, looks like he's going to play Popo. Shocked
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
testorschoice



Joined: 28 Apr 2007
Posts: 467
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:31 pm Reply with quote
barashin wrote:
UUUHHH Sir, excuse me, when did I ever say that he'll definitly play Popo? You are getting so definsive all of a sudden, lighten up! Mad Didn't I just say that some people are already speculating ernie to play popo? I didn't say he WILL, try read before you get all definsive on me Mad and the only reason why they say that, is because of the character he plays in the movie, it's an altar boy? Do you know what an Altarboy is?


Just wondering where the need was to utter "omg," four mocking smilies, and "read em and weep" for the "proof" that even the cited blog (a translation of yet another blog) doesn't say it has. Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
barashin



Joined: 19 Dec 2007
Posts: 22
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:34 pm Reply with quote
testorschoice wrote:
barashin wrote:
UUUHHH Sir, excuse me, when did I ever say that he'll definitly play Popo? You are getting so definsive all of a sudden, lighten up! Mad Didn't I just say that some people are already speculating ernie to play popo? I didn't say he WILL, try read before you get all definsive on me Mad and the only reason why they say that, is because of the character he plays in the movie, it's an altar boy? Do you know what an Altarboy is?


Just wondering where the need was to utter "omg," four mocking smilies, and "read em and weep" for the "proof" that even the cited blog (a translation of yet another blog) doesn't say it has. Wink


You don't know what an altar boy is huh? figures Confused Im wasting my time here...

**walks away**
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group