• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Vampire Knight. Too New or just hard to find?

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arenihs

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:09 pm Reply with quote
Vampire Knight

Now I've been all over the place looking for this "Blood + rival" and I simply can't find it.

Is it a lack of effort on my part or am I misinformed on its conversion from manga?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Ishmoo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:13 pm Reply with quote
From what I'd heard the first episode of Vampire Knight (BANPAIA no yoru) wasn't even supposed to air until sometime today. It's WAY too new to be expecting to see this, even in fansubs. You're going to have to wait a while. The manga is easy to find though.

Last edited by Ishmoo on Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
Westlo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:14 pm Reply with quote
It aired 2 hours and 13 minutes ago.
Arenihs

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:20 pm Reply with quote
Ah, well dag. Just got finished Blood + and I was looking for something to ease the pain, lol. Thanks, your right, I'll just have to be patient
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Ultenth

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:40 pm Reply with quote
Arenihs wrote:
Ah, well dag. Just got finished Blood + and I was looking for something to ease the pain, lol. Thanks, your right, I'll just have to be patient

I don't think it's really a Blood+ rival at all. Completely different genre, only similarity is they have Vampire like creatures. This one is more of a high school shoujo reverse harem romance with Vampires.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Eruanna

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:44 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, this is an angsty teen shojo reverse harem romance flick, as apposed to a violent gory action series.
I have the first two mangas, its pretty good, but dont expect anything like Blood + Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Arenihs

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:46 pm Reply with quote
Really? Ugh my sources have failed me... T.T
Ishmoo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:49 pm Reply with quote
Ultenth wrote:
Arenihs wrote:

I don't think it's really a Blood+ rival at all. Completely different genre, only similarity is they have Vampire like creatures. This one is more of a high school shoujo reverse harem romance with Vampires.

Yeah, I'd have to agree. Vampire Knight is more of a bishie fest than a real action packed vampire story, not that I have any problem with that. Have you already watched Hellsing and Trinity Blood? They are not exactly the same either, but are probably closer than Vampire Knight.
Ultenth

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:52 pm Reply with quote
Arenihs wrote:
Really? Ugh my sources have failed me... T.T

Lol, yeah, you seemed to have had a misconception about the show, so I though I'd warn you. I've read part of the first manga, and it doesn't seem bad. But only if you don't mind reverse harem or bishonen type stuff. Just don't expect it to be funny like Ouron HSHC though. Personally I watch just about every genre out there other than most horror, mahou shoujo, or stuff for 5 year olds, so I'll probably give it a try at least a little bit to see what I think. There are usually at least a few good shows for most everyone in just about every genre, if you give them a try.
Arenihs

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:55 pm Reply with quote
Ishmoo wrote:

Yeah, I'd have to agree. Vampire Knight is more of a bishie fest than a real action packed vampire story, not that I have any problem with that. Have you already watched Hellsing and Trinity Blood? They are not exactly the same either, but are probably closer than Vampire Knight.

Yes, I have and while they are a bit closer to it, they don't fit the mold. lol, the problem is, I guess, that I was looking for another romantic drama to emerse myself in...but something not...love hina. Something classic

Last edited by Arenihs on Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:01 pm; edited 3 times in total
Arenihs

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:57 pm Reply with quote
Ultenth wrote:

Lol, yeah, you seemed to have had a misconception about the show, so I though I'd warn you. I've read part of the first manga, and it doesn't seem bad. But only if you don't mind reverse harem or bishonen type stuff. Just don't expect it to be funny like Ouron HSHC though. Personally I watch just about every genre out there other than most horror, mahou shoujo, or stuff for 5 year olds, so I'll probably give it a try at least a little bit to see what I think. There are usually at least a few good shows for most everyone in just about every genre, if you give them a try.

You know, I am really spur of the moment when it comes to what I watch, but when I just get done with a series my head is still in that world. *shrugs* Its a bit like reading the last book of a good trilogy
Ishmoo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:59 pm Reply with quote
Arenihs wrote:
Ishmoo wrote:

Yes, I have and I guess that means I should like it but with my mind set on Saya, I won't be satisfied lol Confused

So, is it the character type that Saya represents (kick butt hunter chick with a touch of vulnerability) that you liked more about it? Cause, if so, it might be an easier fix to find a similar theme without the vampires.
Eruanna

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:00 pm Reply with quote
You might want to try Black Blood Brothers. Its an action vampire series.... not the best out there, but sadly I am well aware there are slim pickings for vampire shows. Sad
Arenihs

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:03 pm Reply with quote
Eruanna wrote:
You might want to try Black Blood Brothers. Its an action vampire series.... not the best out there, but sadly I am well aware there are slim pickings for vampire shows. Sad

Lol, very true, but no it is not the vampires that I find attractive. It's the drama sprinkled with little romantic flakes. Like...Gundam Wing, I was head over heals for Hero at one point in time. lol
Ultenth

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:04 pm Reply with quote
Ishmoo wrote:
So, is it the character type that Saya represents (kick butt hunter chick with a touch of vulnerability) that you liked more about it? Cause, if so, it might be an easier fix to find a similar theme without the vampires.

Agreed, there really aren't very many good vampire anime's out there, let alone any at all. Hellsing, Trinity Blood, Vampire Hunter D, Vampire Princess Miyu, MoonPhase, Karin, Hitsuji no Uta, Kimera, Black Blood Brothers, Legend of Duo, Lunar Legend Tsukihime, Nightwalker: Midnight Detective, and Master of Mosquiton are the only ones I can think of off-hand, and a lot of them really suck.

If you're looking for romance though there are tons of really good ones out there, from just about every genre. And yeah, I disliked Love-Hina as well, I hate shows like that and Girls Bravo and others where the lead male is relentlessly beat upon and acts like a complete wuss. I'm always like "BE A MAN YOU FREAKIN IDIOT".

Last edited by Ultenth on Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7