• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Cooking Papa, Yasuko to Kenji Manga to Get TV Dramas

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:23 pm Reply with quote
Got to give Japan credit for continuiously creating new dramas. Although I've neard heard of Cooking Papa or any of those other series.
Brand

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:48 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
Got to give Japan credit for continuiously creating new dramas. Although I've neard heard of Cooking Papa or any of those other series.

And cripes 97 volumes? How much story can you get out of Slice of Life? It's boggling my mind.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:09 pm Reply with quote
brand wrote:
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:

And cripes 97 volumes? How much story can you get out of Slice of Life? It's boggling my mind.

Dang, that even even beats One Piece or Naruto. I mean I know the Us has some cooking drama series, but I will probably never understand how Slice of Life has this many series.

Kudo's to the creator of the series though, must have taken years of work.
tenkado-shujin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:14 pm Reply with quote
Anime News Network wrote:
According to the 27th issue of Kodansha's Morning magazine which went on sale on June 5, Tomomitsu Yamaguchi (Mind Game) will play Cooking Papa's title character of Katsumi Araiwa, a salaryman (male company worker) who happens to enjoy cooking more than his wife does.

……。 『クッキングパパ』の主人公をご存じないんですかね。
'The manga has been running in Morning magazine since 1986, and 97 volumes have been compiled so far.' といふ、これが長期連載の有名な漫畫であることを示唆する部分を記者御本人もわざわざ記事に書いてゐるはずですが。

Actually the given name of the protagonist of Cooking Papa is Kazumi. Not 'Katsumi'.
See the reissued edition of Cooking Papa.

Anime News Network wrote:
Tokio idol group's Matsuhiro Matsuoka will play the Kenji role in the July television adaptaton of the Yasuko to Kenji shōjo manga.

Actually the given name of the drummer of TOKIO is Masahiro. Not 'Matsuhiro'.

失禮ですが、「昌宏」といふ日本人の名を見た時に 'Matsuhiro' といふ妙な讀み方が第一候補として頭に浮かぶといふ思考囘路がまず謎。まあ、それ以前に、日本のマングワや音樂やTV番組についての報道を行ふ商業サイトの記者が TOKIO の松岡昌宏すら知らないといふのがそもそも問題なんぢやないかと思ふのですが。

Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:56 pm Reply with quote
Just a reminder:

Teh Rules wrote:
2) This forum is an English-language forum. All users are expected to have a working knowledge of proper English. We are not an IM chatroom; we expect proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation. All conversation must be in English. If English is your Second Language, please say so in your first post.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1