• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Suicide Club

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BcDed

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:27 pm Reply with quote
I know it's not an anime but I figured the same people who watch anime are the ones likely to have seen it so since there isn't a section for live action movies I thought I'd post it here.

Can anyone tell me whats going on in that movie I understood it till more towards the end with the weird building and all the other stuff. What was supposed to be going on, what was with the building, who was doing it, what role did the pop group play were they pawns or the masterminds, was the weird serial killer just pretending to be the one causing all the suicides or was he really behind it.
I'm sure there are more questions I could ask but I can't think of them.

If anyone who has seen the movie can elaborate on what was going on in it I would greatly appreciate it.
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:36 pm Reply with quote
Really, I think Suicide Club is a great movie, but it has almost nothing to do with anime. A more appropriate place to discuss this would be here:

http://www.jikennews.com

And yes, that website should look familiar to you (for those who watched the movie).
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:48 pm Reply with quote
Personal judgement call:

Unlocked and moved to the Manga forum, since discussion of the live-action film may still prove relevant to the manga.

- abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BcDed

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:53 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for your mercy and I appreciate the link I'll try that out.

I tried it out and that site is depressing some of those people relate the point of the movie to their actual suicidal thoughts it's kind of creepy but if I look through everything I may find my answers thanks for the help.

I've been looking and I'm starting to realize that there isn't an answer. The only ones who know the original intent are probably the original creators and I think much of it might be one of those take from it what you will kinds of things. I could be wrong but there isn't anything on the website but speculation so I guess a definitive answer is beyond my grasp. Thanks again for the help.
Momoko_Yumi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:23 pm Reply with quote
I read the manga...I saw the film...both are very different....the only thing in common is the beginning...when the schoolgirls jump on the rails when the train is comming...then manga and film parted away...

I think much about the Film...and wonder what was the intention of this Girlsgroup (Desert?) to lead them to suicide. Because, all the girls in this group are young..very young...only 12 I think. Why could such girls be killers? But their songs seems to lead young people to suicide ("Mail Me").
One of the most frightening scene was when the commissioner cames home, and his daughter stand behind him...all coverd in blood. And he didn't realize it, because he's taking his shoes off...and moments later then...

But the manga has a complete different story. But also a strange story..with no real answere...
I think that also the manga as the film would bewildered the readers/viewers

(I hope you understand my englisch... Embarassed )
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1