• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PR: Joost Partners with Nippon TV, Yoshimoto Kogyo and Dentsu to Offer Leading Anime and Comedy Titl

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JINROH

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:28 pm Reply with quote
Kaiji got my attention as its a huge fave of mine,too bad its not available on DVD here in R1 land.
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:22 am Reply with quote
Go Kaiji! That series really needs more spotlight.

I hope someone licenses it for R1 release.
Josh7289

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:38 pm Reply with quote
I'm really interested in the Owarai thing. I saw some 24-Hour Tag on YouTube a few months back and loved it. And not only that, but I've seen some un-subtitled Japanese variety shows and clips of English-subtitled Japanese variety shows before and have for a long time been interested in seeing more.

Really, truly looking forward to Japanese variety shows finally available with English subtitles.

EDIT 12/5/08 (about an hour after my original post): Wow, uh, I guess the Owarai channel has been up since the announcement of it.

But man...These shows are really pretty disgusting. The torture and humiliation these contestants have to go through... is really inhumane.

And it puts me, the viewer, in a bad position, too. By watching these shows, I'm effectively supporting them, meaning they will go on and more people will have to suffer through this torture and humiliation. But on the other hand, all the contestants' suffering will have been for nothing if nobody actually watches the shows.

You know, I also just hope I'm not watching the Japanese equivalent of "Jerry Springer" or something like that. Confused
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1