• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: North American Anime, Manga Releases, December 4-10

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Magna_Lilly

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:07 pm Reply with quote
Score for the D.gray-man Illustrations! I love art books Smile
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:21 pm Reply with quote
Just Utena for me this week. I'm still working up the nerve to start collecting the Gundam UC Blurays Laughing . Strangely no manga for me this week. Was thinking about No Longer Human, but maybe later on.
TronBonne

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:27 pm Reply with quote
Already received my copies of Ouran High School Host Club 17, D.Gray-Man Illustrations (the artwork is gorgeous, pick this up if you’re a fan of the series! I've fallen in love with artbooks, I need to find a place that lists all the ones that are out in NA...), and Blue Exorcist 5. I’m still waiting for Natsume’s Book of Friends vol. 10 though. Razz

Did Tales of the Abyss part 2 really come out this week? I know Bandai's site apparently lists it as in stock, but Amazon lists January....I would be thrilled if mine showed up before Christmas.
Faiga_Raisa

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:28 pm Reply with quote
Woah....when did Project H Books hit the scene?

Research.......oh, it's a parent company of DMP. What a bold move. I wonder how big the books are considering the price.
Kicksville

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:55 pm Reply with quote
Check out Birdy the Mighty if you haven't already, it's great stuff.

Glad to see Mazinkaiser SKL finally out on Blu-ray, I'm definitely getting myself an early Christmas gift with that one.

On Project H: They popped up earlier this year with three initial books slated for release in August/October/November, but their first one (Shocking Pink) got delayed until November and according to Amazon, Three P here isn't actually coming out until January now. I'm not seeing a solid date on Embrace And Bloom anymore.

That price is probably more the Adult Premium than anything else, although they're actually going for 11-something new on Amazon. Also worth noting that it looks like their releases keep the censorship (which I imagine saves a lot of money on something people are more or less use to anyway, but that may be a disappointment some folks nonetheless).
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:02 am Reply with quote
I had almost forgotten about the last Revolutionary Girl Utena set, but then I got a notification that mine had shipped. I have no idea what I'll do with a rose signet ring that probably won't fit and that I'd likely never wear anyway, but I'll have one.

I keep vacillating on whether I want Princess Knight or not. The question merits further investigation.

Kicksville wrote:
Check out Birdy the Mighty if you haven't already, it's great stuff.

I second that that. It's a very entertaining and engaging series with a very well put-together plot, especially in the really excellent second season, and a really good lead. It's was nice seeing the background here advertising it all of Wednesday.

Then the it changed to hocking Master of Martial Hearts. Ah well, good times are always fleeting.

Last edited by Surrender Artist on Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:05 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sewingrose

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:24 am Reply with quote
Geez Viz, way to take my money this week: One Piece, Torkio, Ouran, and Sakura Hime.
Also getting Princess Knight and Only Serious About You, and Animal Land and Gon for my sister's Christmas present. Wow that set me back, good thing I was planning ahead for the sudden influx.
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:49 am Reply with quote
I managed to nab the final volume of Squid Girl two days before it's release date! Lucky me! Very Happy
Schaef Dogg

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:41 am Reply with quote
Just the third Utena set for me. Was shipped out earlier this week.
I'm waiting for Squid Girl to hit blu-ray before I pick that one up.
LKK

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:41 am Reply with quote
TronBonne wrote:
Did Tales of the Abyss part 2 really come out this week? I know Bandai's site apparently lists it as in stock, but Amazon lists January....I would be thrilled if mine showed up before Christmas.

I can confirm that part 2 is out. I saw it at Barnes and Noble last night. Smile
malvarez1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:13 am Reply with quote
Wow. Bleach, Naruto, One Piece, D.Gray-Man...this will be a busy week.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1