• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuioku Hen or Rurouni Kenshin: Seisouhen?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RedvsBlue

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 4:26 pm Reply with quote
Ok, I have both CD's filled with beautiful music from both these OAV's and although it's clear which OAV is superior, music-wise they stand pretty dead even.

Does anyone have a preference over the other? I enjoy Seisouhen slightly more because it lightens the DARK musical tones from Tsuioku Hen and it has the theme for ... ... ... what's that? ... ... ... Jinchuu you say?! Hmmm. Sure why not! Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Nagisa

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 5:01 pm Reply with quote
Jinchuu wrote:
and it has the theme for ... ... ... what's that? ... ... ... Jinchuu you say?! Hmmm. Sure why not! Very Happy

Yes, that butchered, half-hearted attempt at Jinchuu.

I prefer Tsuioku-Hen, simply because some of the tracks on the OST are just so incredibly powerful ("Wars of the Last Wolves," "Shades of Revolution," etc.), and admittedly I've only heard the Seishouhen OST the one time I watched the OVA...got a whole thing about keeping a healthy distance from that big budget mess.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:05 am Reply with quote
Hmm. Well I have the Seisouhen OST, but unfortunately, I don't have Tsuioku-hen's.

Personally, I think the choice would lie more in your taste of music. Tsuioku-hen is much more up pace, what with all of the fighting and killing.

Whereas, Seisouhen seems more calming and emotional, hence the softer melodies.

I may not have the Tsuioku-hen OST, but I used to have enough of it downloaded to familiarize myself with it. Although, Seisouhen does give me that feeling of meloncholic relaxation.

However, I'd prefer to go manslaying rather than go to sleep. Not to mention Seisouhen stinks like rotten Kaoru's cooking, Laughing. So, Tsuioku-hen has my vote. Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1