• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Soundtracks

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yuki555

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 10:35 pm Reply with quote
http://www.[This URL is a known Bootlegging website]/cdsoundtrack5.html

Has anyone ever order from here before? The prices for those soundtracks are just too cheap to NOT be bootlegged, right? If someone can tell me if those are bootlegged or not, many thanks to you.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 11:03 pm Reply with quote
Yuki555 wrote:
http://www.[This URL is a known Bootlegging website]/cdsoundtrack5.html

Has anyone ever order from here before? The prices for those soundtracks are just too cheap to NOT be bootlegged, right? If someone can tell me if those are bootlegged or not, many thanks to you.

As you can see by the URL censoring, those are bootlegs.

The usual price for importing anime OSTs is around $25-$30. Fortunately though, most of the ones that have already been licensed for U.S. sale are around $10-$20.
Yuki555

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 2:57 pm Reply with quote
Awww, darn. They're so cheap too. Crying or Very sad Thanks for the info. ^^
Dilandau

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 6:28 am Reply with quote
Tony K wrote:
The usual price for importing anime OSTs is around $25-$30. Fortunately though, most of the ones that have already been licensed for U.S. sale are around $10-$20.

When I first got into anime I payed upwards of $40 per cd. -_-"

We are getting a lot of domestic releases now, be thankful. Most are a variant price of $14.9x.
gnollman

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 10:22 pm Reply with quote
Meh... I'm still a purist. All my anime CDs are Japanese releases.....
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 10:31 pm Reply with quote
Now that's just being silly... the music is the same on the domestic releases, and for the most part, the packaging is the same as well. That post in calling yourelf a "purist" sounds like a label to try to make yourself look better than everbody else. At the very least it seems a justification for why you would spend more money, so it makes me wonder if you are trying to brag or someting... Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Yuki555

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:32 pm Reply with quote
Wow, I thought no one else was gonna reply. Smile

Yeah, I know some anime soundtracks are out. The problem is, I can't find them. >.< Where are they sold? I hope it's not Best Buy because I search there many times and found nothing.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 3:23 pm Reply with quote
I think http://www.amazon.com sells a few, though I've never ordered from them... Anime smile + sweatdrop
gnollman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:21 pm Reply with quote
Godaistudios wrote:
Now that's just being silly... the music is the same on the domestic releases, and for the most part, the packaging is the same as well. That post in calling yourelf a "purist" sounds like a label to try to make yourself look better than everbody else. At the very least it seems a justification for why you would spend more money, so it makes me wonder if you are trying to brag or someting... Rolling Eyes

Started out that way, gonna end up that way. I see no reason to change.

If you knew me, you'd know that elitism is one thing I hate more than any other. If it sounded like I was putting on airs for only collecting the original Japanese releases, I can assure you it was not my intention.

If I was gonna brag, I'd brag on something worth bragging about. Bragging that I spend more money on the same thing everyone else gets for cheaper doesn't make me cool, it makes me a chump.
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:44 pm Reply with quote
gnollman wrote:
Godaistudios wrote:

Started out that way, gonna end up that way. I see no reason to change.
Spending less money is usually a pretty good one.
Quote:

If you knew me, you'd know that elitism is one thing I hate more than any other. If it sounded like I was putting on airs for only collecting the original Japanese releases, I can assure you it was not my intention.

If I was gonna brag, I'd brag on something worth bragging about. Bragging that I spend more money on the same thing everyone else gets for cheaper doesn't make me cool, it makes me a chump.

I've known others who spend more just because they can. Who brag about things as equally as lame.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
C_Brightshadow

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:54 pm Reply with quote
Here's what I think about importing Japanese CDs...

I spent about thirty dollars each CD and with shipping almost 100 dollars for the entire thing. Then I thought, "I can't do this any more..." And that was that.

As for domestic CDs, I don't know if any of the ones I want are released...
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 12:40 am Reply with quote
Yuki555 wrote:
Wow, I thought no one else was gonna reply. Smile

Yeah, I know some anime soundtracks are out. The problem is, I can't find them. >.< Where are they sold? I hope it's not Best Buy because I search there many times and found nothing.

http://www.planetanime.com/ is a local store that (at least around here) is known for being able to get what you want (legal copies, not boots). I've never shopped at the online store but have at the physical store and they've always been very good to me. If you don't find what you want online, you can email them or call them and if it's released in the US they can get it. Also, the owners take trips to Japan every few weeks to fill special orders, so they can get the Japanese releases as well.
Goldfinger0957

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 8:11 pm Reply with quote
Anime Trax

they license thier own stuff. right stuff company. ADV's site has all stuff from here marked up way hard and geneon's site sucks.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Haiseikoh 1973

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 5:33 pm Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
I think http://www.amazon.com sells a few, though I've never ordered from them... Anime smile + sweatdrop

I've ordered some TWO-MIX CD's from them....fast shipping for First Class Mail (4 days after I ordered from the site).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1