Forum - View topic
NEWS: 79,000 Copies of 2nd Negima Manga/DVD Bundle to be Made




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Asrialys



Joined: 12 Dec 2006
Posts: 1130
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:43 am Reply with quote
Heh, I know mine's one of those 79,000.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Draneor



Joined: 19 May 2005
Posts: 355
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:45 am Reply with quote
Oops. I guess I waited too long to make my pre-order--I was going to add it to my November R2 DVDs order. In any case, it's made now. So I'm crossing my fingers they'll print some extra copies.^^U
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Asrialys



Joined: 12 Dec 2006
Posts: 1130
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:34 am Reply with quote
Draneor wrote:
Oops. I guess I waited too long to make my pre-order--I was going to add it to my November R2 DVDs order. In any case, it's made now. So I'm crossing my fingers they'll print some extra copies.^^U

You can probably still try. Maybe from YesAsia or something.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dargonxtc



Joined: 13 Apr 2006
Posts: 4463
Location: Nc5xd7+ スターダストの海洋
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:16 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
He suspected that the DVD box that came with the first manga/DVD bundle encouraged his fans to complete the collection.


They are just now figuring these things out?!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
AstroNerdBoy



Joined: 03 Feb 2004
Posts: 410
Location: Denver, CO
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:
Quote:
He suspected that the DVD box that came with the first manga/DVD bundle encouraged his fans to complete the collection.


They are just now figuring these things out?!


I'm sure that helps, but frankly, I also suspect that this show that fans approve of an accurate adaptation of the manga story in anime form.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor


Joined: 25 Oct 2003
Posts: 7478
Location: Wales
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:33 pm Reply with quote
Well, I've had my order in for months...

Quote:
The less expensive limited edition of the 22nd volume, which came with a badge but no DVD, sold about 90,000 copies

Ah.. I think I ended up with three of those myself ^^;
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Hon'ya-chan



Joined: 31 Jul 2007
Posts: 973
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:54 pm Reply with quote
So, is Del Rey gonna do something as nice, or are we just gonna get screwed as usual?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Asrialys



Joined: 12 Dec 2006
Posts: 1130
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:58 pm Reply with quote
Hon'ya-chan wrote:
So, is Del Rey gonna do something as nice, or are we just gonna get screwed as usual?

It comes out as a regular edition in Japan too. And generally, these kinds of things are usually Japan-only.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Alex_Strife



Joined: 01 Jun 2008
Posts: 62
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:33 pm Reply with quote
So can we confirm if they're gonna make a movie or another anime series?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Asrialys



Joined: 12 Dec 2006
Posts: 1130
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:06 pm Reply with quote
Alex_Strife wrote:
So can we confirm if they're gonna make a movie or another anime series?

No confirmation so far.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hon'ya-chan



Joined: 31 Jul 2007
Posts: 973
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:49 pm Reply with quote
Asrialys wrote:
Hon'ya-chan wrote:
So, is Del Rey gonna do something as nice, or are we just gonna get screwed as usual?

It comes out as a regular edition in Japan too. And generally, these kinds of things are usually Japan-only.


So will at least FUNimation grace us with a DVD release then? Either way, I'd pay for it instead of feeling guilty and resorted to downloading the fansub.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dorcas_Aurelia



Joined: 23 Jul 2006
Posts: 5344
Location: Philly
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:17 pm Reply with quote
Hon'ya-chan wrote:
So will at least FUNimation grace us with a DVD release then? Either way, I'd pay for it instead of feeling guilty and resorted to downloading the fansub.

I'm guessing yes, but we'll have to wait and see.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail My Anime My Manga
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group