• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
More Anime Expo Panel Reports: Del Rey and Tokyopop

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 6:28 am Reply with quote
Anything from Comics One?
lianncoop
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 12:17 pm Reply with quote
Not sure. I don't think anyone was available to attend that panel. Seeing as their manga collection is pretty small, if they got any new manga acquisitions it would've probably been one or two titles.
animaniac

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 12:51 pm Reply with quote
I haven't heard anything. Del rey should pick up some manwha it wouldn't hurt if it was a good one or something. Tp is doing well I can't wait to get PRincess Ai it looks interesting from all the hype i;ve consumed. Don't care for any of the new licenses they got though
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 4:27 pm Reply with quote
Alichino. Omg, they got Alichino. Tokyopop has just become my favorite North American manga provider. They just licensed what is perhaps the most gorgeous manga EVER, and I am dead serious in calling it that. I have never read a manga with more detailed art than it, and the story isn't bad either. Hopefully if this does well here, it'll create more intrest in Japan and get the author to continue the series. I seriously can't wait for the release, and hope they give it a hardback deal like Doll.
Neilworms

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 5:58 pm Reply with quote
I personally am impressed that they liscensed "THE END" by Shohei Manabe. This is an example of the kind of manga the US misses out on so much. All we get constantly is sparkly eyes agnst and the same art style ad nausieum... yet there is almost nothing in the manga market that can compare to works like Paranoia Agent, Texhnolyze, or any other "mature anime" work in the american manga market. I feel so gyped out of good work...

The irony is that there are far more of these off-beat works in manga than there is in anime, but we are seeing proportionally less of them. I commend Tokyopop for once.

Btw, if your curious what this work looks like go to http://www.kodanclub.com/manga_preview.html
Satsuki

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 8:00 pm Reply with quote
For those who don't know, The Wallflower is originally named "Perfect Girl Evolution." (I think The Wallflower is a silly name to change it to)

I originally started downloading the scanlations for this because I heard it had a fun story with great artwork. While I do enjoy the story alot, I don't think the art is as great as everyone says. The artist is really good at drawing girls, but I think her bishounen look a little weird. I think it's the way she draws the lips.
lianncoop
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 1:56 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
Anything from Comics One?

Just read that they have Infinite Ryvius.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1