• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Transformers Prime to Debut in Japan in Vanguard's Timeslot

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TopGunman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:19 pm Reply with quote
I tried getting into this, but the robot designs are too horrendous for my liking. I'll stick with the War for Cybertron series.

I long for another Transformers anime, with original designs but keeping it anime-ish.
taster of pork

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:42 pm Reply with quote
I thought Prime was a decent series. I'm curious to see how it does in Japan.
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:12 pm Reply with quote
Not surprising to see Vanguard go. It's drawing to a close fast, but I was hoping it would at least run another cour considering how fast the recent fights have been going. Decent show by the way.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:51 pm Reply with quote
TopGunman wrote:
I tried getting into this, but the robot designs are too horrendous for my liking. I'll stick with the War for Cybertron series.

I long for another Transformers anime, with original designs but keeping it anime-ish.

Another Transformers anime would be nice, but it seems to go in cycles. America makes their own couple of shows then drops the franchise for a decade while Japan picks it up and does their own thing, then vice versa.

Micron Legend was probably the last Transformers series I liked. Easily the best version of Starscream , because they actually used him for more than 'idiot backstabber' and developed him as a character. Plus the humans were tolerable and even likable, unlike the ones from the live-action movies, or Animated/Prime. Plus they helped move the story along, especially Alexa's relationship with Starscream.
mdo7

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:05 am Reply with quote
Can't wait to see how this serie will do in Japan. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mawdryn

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:40 am Reply with quote
Love Transformers: Prime. Earlier Transformers shows never held my interest this long.
TopGunman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:37 pm Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:
TopGunman wrote:

Another Transformers anime would be nice, but it seems to go in cycles. America makes their own couple of shows then drops the franchise for a decade while Japan picks it up and does their own thing, then vice versa.

Micron Legend was probably the last Transformers series I liked. Easily the best version of Starscream , because they actually used him for more than 'idiot backstabber' and developed him as a character. Plus the humans were tolerable and even likable, unlike the ones from the live-action movies, or Animated/Prime. Plus they helped move the story along, especially Alexa's relationship with Starscream.

Speaking as one who used to watch Generation 1 BEFORE!!!! G2 let alone Beast Wars came out.

I think by far Galaxy Force was the best because despite the one drawback of CGI robots, its characters had a lot more personalities than anyone from the previous series. And it did not utilize the 'character of the day' formula that was present in most of the other series.

Armada/Micron Legend started out pretty crappy but after the first arc it got better, the fight scenes in the intro arc were so boring and lacked intensity, the human characters looked very cartoony but as the series progressed they eventually became more anime-ish and the battle scenes were a lot more intense, the last battle between Optimus Prime and Megatron in the last episode was (the word rhymes with 'clucking') brilliant.

Energon/Superlink is underrated in my opinion, not the best but certainly better than RiD, and if I may be blunt, it is (along with other series) mostly disliked by Transformers fans just because it's either not G1 or it's anime.

Thanks to them, I ended up disliking G1 less and less as years went by, usually I never let annoying fanbases ruin a show,

like how many Gundam Wing fans won't accept anything that's not Wing or Wing-related and its fangirls scare the hell out of me, I still like Wing the most, not just as a Gundam series, but my favorite anime of all. But I still love to death X, SEED, UC0079, F91 and I'm really liking AGE so far

but Transformers is an exception because its fanbase as far as I can see is almost solely made up of G-Whiners (not G-Oners) and anime-haters. Some of that anti post-original thing does happen with Gundam, but not at the same level.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1