• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Buffalo News on Anime

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:56 pm Reply with quote
I was going to post about this on the front page until I read the article.

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20040915/1048940.asp

It's nice to see anime highlighted like that, unfortunately the article is rather poorly written. I can't blame the author, the material for a good article is there. But I do blame the editor, it should have been cleaned up, redundant intros like "This is a movie about..." should have been cut, and some immature and subjective statements like "it's just plain cool to hear everyone speaking Japanese" should have been removed.

Oh well, read it if you want. I feel bad for the author, a half decent editor would have helped her put out a good article, and she would have learned from the process, hopefully improving her next article.

-t

Last edited by Tempest on Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tenchi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:34 pm Reply with quote
She rated Kiki's Delivery Service higher than Grave of the Fireflies, Metropolis, and Princess Mononoke, so I can see some merit in this article.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1