• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Stream - Papa's Delivery Service

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:08 pm Reply with quote
Bamboo talking about AnoNatsu wrote:
I do hope that there are some resolution of feelings in the next few episodes.

Or maybe the next episode. Who knows!? Anime catgrin

Yea, you'll love episode 9, I think, Bamboo.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Volibear

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:16 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
Bamboo talking about AnoNatsu wrote:
I do hope that there are some resolution of feelings in the next few episodes.

Or maybe the next episode. Who knows!? Anime catgrin

Yea, you'll love episode 9, I think, Bamboo.
It's a shame that ep.9 wasn't included on this Stream cause i'd love to know where the series would be on the list after it but i think there are 2 more Streams left for this season? one with 2 episodes left on series then a final verdict maybe? i can't quite remember if thats how it works from last season but that might explain why episodes 9 for Another and AnoNatsu don't appear

Last edited by Volibear on Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:29 pm Reply with quote
This week threw the rankings into chaos; Another rose sharply and Knight in the Area collapsed. It had, I suppose, the intended effect, because now I'm very curious about Another.

I've been waiting nervously for Bodacious Space Pirates[i] to slip and I largely agree; I still like the series a lot and there have been good things in the past few episodes, but the story seems a little muddled for the moment. I'm not as jaded about characters like Princess Gruier, but she hasn't been particularly interesting and the series is a little short on conflict or tension. At least it's willing to let the characters just talk quietly for a while now and again, which fosters mood and interest. I liked episode eight a lot because it let Chiaki and Emi just talk for a little while.

I am looking very much forward to the next episode, which I'm hopeful will be as satisfying a payoff as episode five was or lead to one. I feel like there is a lot of pipe being laid for larger conflicts and I hope that I'm vindicated in that. Also: spoiler[CHIAKI IN A PIRATE HAT]!

I have a similar begrudging willingness to watch more of [i]Lagrange ~The Flower of Rin-ne~
. Something about how the characters are portrayed feels wrong to me, as though their traits are too neatly crafted to be distinctive and packaged together in too calculating a way. I am nevertheless interested in learning more about what is going on and finding out more about them, even if I can't bring myself to let any of it closer than arm's length.

That was a fantastic choice of image for it too. Thank mercy Gruier hasn't done anything like that.

Maybe when they run out of phallic foods, there will be an episode of Listen to Me, Girls, I’m Your Father! wherein a stranger gets Hina to start smoking.

Last edited by Surrender Artist on Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:42 pm; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:30 pm Reply with quote
Here's a question for Bamboo if she wants to answer (or maybe address in future columns): Is it worth slogging through the mediocre first half of Another to get to the good stuff in the more recent epsiodes? I haven't started the series yet and now I'm torn on whether I should.
Shenl742

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:32 pm Reply with quote
Another intrigues me, but as usual I think I'll just sit back and wait and hear how good the ending is...or if it will even have one at least.
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:05 pm Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:
Here's a question for Bamboo if she wants to answer (or maybe address in future columns): Is it worth slogging through the mediocre first half of Another to get to the good stuff in the more recent epsiodes? I haven't started the series yet and now I'm torn on whether I should.

To be entirely honest with you, no. Others may disagree with me, but I would watch episodes 1, 4, 6, then continue from there. Then if you decide you have the time, go back and fill in. The first 5 episodes is a giant red herring, followed by some putzing around, until things pick up around episode 7.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:44 pm Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:

In all honesty on another.. Just wait until it's over and marathon it. It is the type of series you want to watch from start to finish and waiting each week is a huge hassle sadly.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:48 pm Reply with quote
Hmm...let's see here:

From, that list Another is definitely my top favorite this season so far. Hell, I might even buy the manga or novel after it finishes airing.

I have good hopes for Chihayafuru to get to a season 2 as the manga still has alot of material. The fact that it sold 4.5+ million copies also is something to think about

Regarding Bodacious Space Pirates, I'm on the verge of dropping although I have it on-hold right now. Rinne no Lagrange's latest episode wasn't epic either so these two are falling apart recently imo. However, my hopes for Rinne no Lagrange is still higher than Bodacious Space Pirates.

Ano Natsu de Matteru is doing quite well for this season. I was quite surprised as I never thought this show would intrigue me this much. Hell, even the music was nice.

Just started Listen to Me Girls, I am Your Father! recently so I hope it'll be worth my time.

As for Area no Kishi/The Knight in the Area, I do agree that the anime is a joke compared to the manga. However, I will still keep watching this as I feel that this is an underrated anime.
dtm42

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:59 pm Reply with quote
SakechanBD wrote:
Others may disagree with me, but I would watch episodes 1, 4, 6, then continue from there. Then if you decide you have the time, go back and fill in. The first 5 episodes is a giant red herring, followed by some putzing around, until things pick up around episode 7.

Doesn't episode five have some major reveals? I would advise killchicken to add that one to the list. Sure, episode six covers a lot of the same territory but not in the direct "let's lay the cards on the table" way that episode five goes about it. Both five and six are important, I wouldn't advise missing either of them.

In fact, as much as this pains me to say this, but episode two and three are both important as well, though not as important. They may have plenty of material that's crap but there are important scenes that set up the plot and whatnot. I'd say you should watch them too, even if you have to play them at 2x speed.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:05 pm Reply with quote
Volibear wrote:

It's a shame that ep.9 wasn't included on this Stream cause i'd love to know where the series would be on the list after it but i think there are 2 more Streams left for this season? one with 2 episodes left on series then a final verdict maybe? i can't quite remember if thats how it works from last season but that might explain why episodes 9 for Another and AnoNatsu don't appear

I'm guessing she just didn't get to Another, or maybe she wants to wait and watch three in a row, but the legal stream of AnoNatsu doesn't show until tomorrow. Why CR doesn't play it on it's first day I don't know, but it gives me something to watch on Wednesdays.
joecoolhascome

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:33 pm Reply with quote
HAHA So Bamboo tell us how you REALLY feel about Knight in the Area... Laughing

Anyway I can see what you mean about this show. The way I see it though is if I have made it this far I will probably see it through to its conclusion.
dragon695

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:36 pm Reply with quote
You can thank male otaku for the whole Nana stuff in the Knight in the Area. Gawd, what would we do if we didn't have a shounen wirh a heroine? It feels like more story by committee if you ask me. I wish Nana would have been run over by a truck instead, now that would have made the series much more interesting!

Edit: A serious question: would you still like Chihaya if it no romance ever bloomed?
Volibear

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:09 pm Reply with quote
Spastic Minnow wrote:
I'm guessing she just didn't get to Another, or maybe she wants to wait and watch three in a row, but the legal stream of AnoNatsu doesn't show until tomorrow. Why CR doesn't play it on it's first day I don't know, but it gives me something to watch on Wednesdays.
ah right, that would explain it then, i can't view AnoNatsu on CR over here so i have to look elsewhere, explains why i didn't know when the CR stream airs

in which case then, i'm really looking forward to the next Stream to see where it ends up
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:28 pm Reply with quote
dragon695 wrote:
You can thank male otaku for the whole Nana stuff in the Knight in the Area. Gawd, what would we do if we didn't have a shounen wirh a heroine? It feels like more story by committee if you ask me. I wish Nana would have been run over by a truck instead, now that would have made the series much more interesting!

OUCH! But SO TRUE, the reason the jokes are so bad is because the writer should never write comedy, I say that as one of their biggest fans. they write great mysteries like kindaichi shonen no jikembo and Tantei Gakuen Q (DO NOT watch the anime). episode 5 was the worst offender in this case. I may drop the show as well, but I may stay with it. I do agree though that the US girls team was really butch even I was thinking about that when I was watching it.

I think you were a little to hard on HxH this week.
Honestly I was to naive to notice the thing with hina constantly eating bananas and other stuff. if it had been a hot dog I probably would have noticed.

Last edited by Tanteikingdomkey on Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hamiltion97

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:33 pm Reply with quote
I still like the series a lot and there have been good things in the past few episodes, but the story seems a little muddled for the moment. I'm not as jaded about characters like Princess Gruier, but she hasn't been particularly interesting and the series is a little short on conflict or tension.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3