• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: ADV Films Announces Madlax

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AuraShadow

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:02 am Reply with quote
Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad NOT YET!!! ADV, NOT YET!!! Ep 25 just was put up a week ago! THE SERIES ISN'T EVEN FINISHED FOR D/L FOR GOODNESS SAKE! GOSH!!! *goes and hunts down site again*

I'm kinda mad, because usually Bandai gets animes made by Beetrain such as .hack and Avenger. I already had the voices of Bandai in my mind and then BAM! ADV got it Exclamation I'm am SOOO not a happy camper right now! SO NOT A HAPPY CAMPER!!!

Very cool, I get the first post about it ^^ yay!

Last edited by AuraShadow on Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:05 am; edited 1 time in total
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:04 am Reply with quote
Well..., here's the thread I started:
animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9870

There is no point in being angry about something getting licensed.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
The_Dominion

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:23 am Reply with quote
I was actually there at AWA when they made this annoucement. It really suprised me how non-chalantly they annouced their liscencing. They were like "As most of you would expect since we liscence many of these types of these animes, we liscenced Madlax." There was a little cheering, but it was a real suprise. Maybe that is how all the liscence annoucements work, and since this is my first con, I wouldn't know. Just suprising I expected something kinda like a lot of buildup and maybe confetti.
AuraShadow

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:24 am Reply with quote
kusanagi-sama wrote:

I'm not mad at the licensing, I'm mad at the speed. It wasn't even completed yet. I found the site I was d/l it off of even though animesuki took it down. I stopped at ep 25, and if you've seen it, you KNOW it has a huge cliffhanger, so that's why I was mad. As long as the site continues updating I will have no problem with it, BUT I still do have a problem with ADV licesencing it. It was totally expecting Bandai to atomaticly get it because it was Beetrain, and they do excellent VAing for anything Beetrain.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:28 am Reply with quote
I really figured that ADV would get Madlax. All they have to say "From the creators of the hit series Noir!"
AuraShadow

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:30 am Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
I really figured that ADV would get Madlax. All they have to say "From the creators of the hit series Noir!"
True...but still, piggy backing of of Noir (if they do that) is mean. I atually like Noir better than Madlax. Here's how I rank anime by Beetrain

1).hack
2)Noir
3)Madlax
(I haven't seen Avenger yet, so unfortunatly it is not on there yet)
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:51 am Reply with quote
Dear ADV,

I have been advised by my fellow peers (the internet) that you have recently paid for and aqquired Translation/Distribution rights to the Japanese Animated series Madlax. Currently, I am unable to illegally obtain an unauthorised-translated version. I demand you withdraw your claim on this series so that I, and many others, may continue to obtain this series for free. I also wish to add many emoticons to my letter

Signed,
Mr Internet Man.
Zeiram

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 1:15 am Reply with quote
hahaha excellent

I agree, bad timing, they should have gotten it sooner or later, but meh whatever. I love this series Anime smile
AuraShadow

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 1:20 am Reply with quote
Steventheeunuch wrote:
Dear ADV,

I have been advised by my fellow peers (the internet) that you have recently paid for and aqquired Translation/Distribution rights to the Japanese Animated series Madlax. Currently, I am unable to illegally obtain an unauthorised-translated version. I demand you withdraw your claim on this series so that I, and many others, may continue to obtain this series for free. I also wish to add many emoticons to my letter

Signed,
Mr Internet Man.

Applaudes at letter ^^
Animefreak08

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 1:26 am Reply with quote
Steventheeunuch wrote:
Dear ADV,

Signed,
Mr Internet Man.
This was just as good as Something Awfuls' "Internet Letter" flash movie Laughing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Zack26
SPAMMER

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 1:57 am Reply with quote
At least that jerk, known as 4Kids, wasn't there to pick up these titles. So that's gotta be a good thing.
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 2:02 am Reply with quote
Yeah, everyday's a good day when 4Kids doesn't license something
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
AuraShadow

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 2:13 am Reply with quote
Anime hyper! Very true, but 4Kids has no reason to get this anime anyway, it doesn't go with their "theme" Anime hyper!
Vekou

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 2:21 am Reply with quote
AuraShadow wrote:
kusanagi-sama wrote:

I'm not mad at the licensing, I'm mad at the speed. It wasn't even completed yet. I found the site I was d/l it off of even though [this is a bittorrent site] took it down. I stopped at ep 25, and if you've seen it, you KNOW it has a huge cliffhanger, so that's why I was mad. As long as the site continues updating I will have no problem with it, BUT I still do have a problem with ADV licesencing it. It was totally expecting Bandai to atomaticly get it because it was Beetrain, and they do excellent VAing for anything Beetrain.

What, so you expect anime companies to cater to the wants of downloaders? I hope you realize how utterly ridiculous you sound.

Furthermore, I don't know exactly what made you think that shows by Bee Train (which is just a section of Production I.G) are always licensed by Bandai. Have you ever heard of Noir, Arc the Lad, Wild Arms or Medabots? Those are all Bee Train that are licensed by ADV. All that Bandai has (of theirs) is the .hack series and Avenger, the latter of which hasn't even been released yet.
AuraShadow

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:01 am Reply with quote
Vekou wrote:

What, so you expect anime companies to cater to the wants of downloaders? I hope you realize how utterly ridiculous you sound.

Furthermore, I don't know exactly what made you think that shows by Bee Train (which is just a section of Production I.G) are always licensed by Bandai. Have you ever heard of Noir, Arc the Lad, Wild Arms or Medabots? Those are all Bee Train that are licensed by ADV. All that Bandai has (of theirs) is the .hack series and Avenger, the latter of which hasn't even been released yet.

Well, exxccuussee me for hitting a nerve or something. Even if the liscence timming was intinal or not that had HORRIBLE timming, and you can't deny that. When I think of Beetrain, I think of they're mystery animes. The ones you mentioned, except for Noir, don't reall have a deep mystey storyline, nor a serious one. Especaily Metabots......that show just scared me when I saw it. Whenever I mention Beetrain, I only mention about thier animes that have a deep and immorising storyline, that unlike alot of other animes, make you think and really question the life you lead. Like Madlax for example. What are the sins that we keep from ourselfs, and that those memories can only be obtained by words that unlock those memories? .hack's Storyline is so realistic, it's scary, because that could actually happen to any MMORPG, even Pluto's Kiss( The large system crash that makes all of the computers in the world to switch to one OS) is a possiblilty. Noir: Noir is flat out the most realistic anime out there, period. It has none of the 3 "M's" of anime: No monsters, no magic, no mechas. The pure realisum of the show is unbelieveable. Those are the animes I consider "Bee Train" animes.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4