Columns - June 2012
- Gia's List: The 7 Most Inconvenient Phobias in Anime ()
- ANNCast Live at Anime Expo 2012 ()
- Jason Thompson's House of 1000 Manga - Satsuma Gishiden ()
- The X Button - Virtual Goods ()
- Shelf Life - Salmon Fishing in the Milky Way ()
- Astro Toy - Rio-Bone Stocking ()
- Gia's List: Anime's 6 Easiest Good Guys to Make Angry ()
- Hey, Answerman! - Elfen Lies ()
- Jason Thompson's House of 1000 Manga - Berserk ()
- The X Button - Fantasy Stars ()
- Anime News Nina! - 06-20-2012 ()
- ANNCast - Revenge of the 90s Part II: Ice To See You ()
- RIGHT TURN ONLY!! - Again and a Gen ()
- Shelf Life - Basketball Diaries ()
- The Mike Toole Show - Wake Me Up Before You Shojo ()
- Gia's List: The 6 Most Doomed Anime Babies ()
- Hey, Answerman! - Everything Old Ain't New Again ()
- ANNCast - Revenge of the 90s Part I: Life Finds A Way ()
- Jason Thompson's House of 1000 Manga - Special Guest Edition: Ultimate Muscle ()
- The X Button - Extra Seconds ()
- The Stream - All That Jazz ()
- Shelf Life - All the Gintama In the World ()
- Astro Toy - Armor Girls Wing Gundam ()
- Hey, Answerman! - Kids on the Slippery Slope ()
- ANNCast - Super Game Show Bros 3 ()
- Jason Thompson's House of 1000 Manga - Special Guest Edition: X/1999 ()
- The X Button - Expo Exposed ()
- Anime News Nina! - 2012-06-06 ()
- RIGHT TURN ONLY!! - Gift of the Puella Magi ()
- Shelf Life - Stratos Update ()
- The Mike Toole Show - A Leijiverse of Possibilities ()
- Gia's List: The 6 Most Painfully Shy Teens in Anime ()
- Hey, Answerman! - Damnable Demagoguery ()
- ANNCast - Super Manga Pals Kick Back ()
If you ask an American manga publisher about whether or not they're going to license a title you love, they'll be super coy and weird about it even if they have every intention of releasing it. Why is that? Deb digs in. ― Just got back from Anime Expo, and I'm at San Diego Comic-Con as you read this, where I'll be doing more of the same: going to the manga publishers' panels and reporting on what I ...
Once you get past its oddball premise, Hinamatsuri offers plenty of laughs and charm throughout its unusual run. Nick Creamer has the details. ― You wouldn't think a show about a family composed of a yakuza mobster and a psychic alien girl could be described as “warm and relatable,” but Hinamatsuri is weird in more ways than that. Idly combining trenchant commentary on homelessness, running child lab...
F/E LE premiered on Netflix last month to plenty of head-scratching from even experienced Fate fanatics. We run down this show's often baffling plot and what went wrong in adaptation. ― Fate/Extra Last Encore premiered on Netflix last month to plenty of head-scratching from even experienced Fate fanatics. This week, Nick and Jacob run down this show's often baffling plot and what went wrong in adapta...
Heidi memorializes the distinct and uniquely evocative designs of Hiroshi Kajiyama, illustrator for Shining Force, Dragon Quest and more. PLUS: Dragon Ball FighterZ, Sonic Mania Plus, Granblue Fantasy and much more! ― I hate to start this week's column out on a downer note, but I feel like I need to make the most of an opportunity to eulogize a creator I really admired who suddenly passed on this wee...
The director and producer of Persona 5 The Animation stormed Anime Expo 2018 this year - we've got an interview with the guys behind the anime, and a full panel report from the show. ― At this year's Anime Expo, Persona 5 the Animation's director Masashi Ishihama and producer Kazuki Adachi were kind enough to agree to a one-on-one interview with Anime News Network regarding their newest project. One ...
Once upon a time, Funimation and ADV Films licensed western cartoons for release into the fabled "mass market". Justin gets into this bit of history. ― Taylor asked: I've gone through Funimation's catalog on DVDEmpire and watched the "not-so-hidden secret" videos from Skippy on Youtube, and from what I saw, during the mid-00s, Funimation licensed several cartoons for release on DVD and VHS (includin...
This ensemble film tells a myriad of charming stories with some of the most impressive animation in the franchise's history. Callum May gives his take on this next step in Pokémon's ongoing evolution. ― Pokemon movies are often known for cheesy titles like “Zoroark: Master of Illusions” and “Hoopa and the Clash of Ages”, but the title of Pokemon the Movie: Everyone's Story has a very distinct meaning...