Columns - October 2011
- Shelf Life - Sending out an SOS ()
- Astro Toy - SH Figuarts Wild Tiger ()
- UK Premiere: Persona 4 ep 3: We are friends, aren't we? ()
- UK Premiere: Maken-ki! 1-2 (s) ()
- Gia's List: Anime's 7 Best Frenemies ()
- ANNCast - Tarboxed and Feathered ()
- Hey, Answerman! - Hey, Censorman! ()
- UK Premiere: Un-Go 3 - Masked Mansion ()
- Australian Premiere: Un-Go 3 - Masked Mansion ()
- UK Premiere: Mirai Nikki 1-2 ()
- Jason Thompson's House of 1000 Manga - Special Guest Edition: Basara ()
- The X Button - War of the Gems ()
- Anime News Nina! - 2011-10-26 ()
- RIGHT TURN ONLY!! - Afterschool Bride ()
- Shelf Life - Space Invaders ()
- The Mike Toole Show - Anime... Or Not?! ()
- Gia's List: 7 Anime Drivers Who Will Probably Get You Killed ()
- Hey, Answerman! - Funico in the Island of Magic ()
- UK Premiere: Un-Go 2 - Pitiless Song ()
- Australian premiere: Un-Go 2 - Pitiless Song ()
- Jason Thompson's House of 1000 Manga - Alien Nine ()
- If, Then, Or: One Piece ()
- Astro Toy - Nendoroid Madoka Kaname ()
- Gia's List: The 8 Most Intriguing Uses of Western Music in Anime ()
- ANNCast - Omega Men at Work ()
- Hey, Answerman! - Occupy Anime Street ()
- Australian Premiere: Un-Go 1 - Murder at the Ball ()
- UK Premiere: Un-Go 1 - Murder at the Ball ()
- UK Premiere: Persona 4 The Animation 2 - The Contractor's Key ()
- Jason Thompson's House of 1000 Manga - Manga and Mega Comics ()
- Anime News Nina! - 2011-10-12 ()
- The X Button - Animal Collective ()
- RIGHT TURN ONLY!! - Lights and Psyren ()
- Shelf Life - Magnificent Eleven ()
- The Mike Toole Show - ShopTales ()
- ANNCast - Learning by Osmond-sis ()
- UK Premiere: Persona 4 The Animation 1 - You're myself, I'm yourself ()
- UK Premiere: Twin Angel Twinkle Paradise 11-12 (final) ()
- UK Premiere: R15 11 - Our Summertime Blues ()
- UK Premiere: Nichijou 26 (final) ()
- Hey, Answerman! - We Can't Have Nice Things ()
- Jason Thompson's House of 1000 Manga - Azumanga Daioh ()
- The X Button - Sound Attack ()
- Anime News Nina! - 2011-10-05 ()
- If, Then, Or: Highschool of the Dead ()
- Shelf Life - How to Train Your Dragon ()
- Gia's List: 8 Anime Dogs You'd Want to Adopt ()
- Astro Toy - Figma Kaiji Itou ()
If you ask an American manga publisher about whether or not they're going to license a title you love, they'll be super coy and weird about it even if they have every intention of releasing it. Why is that? Deb digs in. ― Just got back from Anime Expo, and I'm at San Diego Comic-Con as you read this, where I'll be doing more of the same: going to the manga publishers' panels and reporting on what I ...
Once you get past its oddball premise, Hinamatsuri offers plenty of laughs and charm throughout its unusual run. Nick Creamer has the details. ― You wouldn't think a show about a family composed of a yakuza mobster and a psychic alien girl could be described as “warm and relatable,” but Hinamatsuri is weird in more ways than that. Idly combining trenchant commentary on homelessness, running child lab...
F/E LE premiered on Netflix last month to plenty of head-scratching from even experienced Fate fanatics. We run down this show's often baffling plot and what went wrong in adaptation. ― Fate/Extra Last Encore premiered on Netflix last month to plenty of head-scratching from even experienced Fate fanatics. This week, Nick and Jacob run down this show's often baffling plot and what went wrong in adapta...
Heidi memorializes the distinct and uniquely evocative designs of Hiroshi Kajiyama, illustrator for Shining Force, Dragon Quest and more. PLUS: Dragon Ball FighterZ, Sonic Mania Plus, Granblue Fantasy and much more! ― I hate to start this week's column out on a downer note, but I feel like I need to make the most of an opportunity to eulogize a creator I really admired who suddenly passed on this wee...
The director and producer of Persona 5 The Animation stormed Anime Expo 2018 this year - we've got an interview with the guys behind the anime, and a full panel report from the show. ― At this year's Anime Expo, Persona 5 the Animation's director Masashi Ishihama and producer Kazuki Adachi were kind enough to agree to a one-on-one interview with Anime News Network regarding their newest project. One ...
Once upon a time, Funimation and ADV Films licensed western cartoons for release into the fabled "mass market". Justin gets into this bit of history. ― Taylor asked: I've gone through Funimation's catalog on DVDEmpire and watched the "not-so-hidden secret" videos from Skippy on Youtube, and from what I saw, during the mid-00s, Funimation licensed several cartoons for release on DVD and VHS (includin...
This ensemble film tells a myriad of charming stories with some of the most impressive animation in the franchise's history. Callum May gives his take on this next step in Pokémon's ongoing evolution. ― Pokemon movies are often known for cheesy titles like “Zoroark: Master of Illusions” and “Hoopa and the Clash of Ages”, but the title of Pokemon the Movie: Everyone's Story has a very distinct meaning...
FLCL Progressive came to an end last weekend, and fans are still divided on the results. This week, Nick and Steve parse their gut feelings on this highly anticipated sequel. ― FLCL Progressive came to an end last weekend, and fans are still divided on the results. This week, Nick and Steve parse their gut feelings on this highly anticipated sequel. Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by the...
The K franchise's transition to the big screen for the first of six films is unfortunately not off to a promising start. Lynzee Loveridge has the details. ― As a franchise, K had slipped under my radar; I knew it as little more than the colorful anime by the creators of Hand Shakers. So I quickly got myself acquainted with a story that included two television anime and a movie that bridges the gap be...
The results are in and we have your Daily Streaming Reviews schedule for Summer 2018! ― This season's poll results have been tallied and we've put together the schedule for the Spring 2018 Daily Streaming Reviews! We may add coverage of more spring anime based on future reader interest, so let us know what you'd like to see as the season progresses! (Please note that Back Street Girls and Baki the Gr...