Columns - February 2011
- Shelf Life - (114) Minutes of Summer ()
- The Mike Toole Show - The Tone of Locke ()
- Video: Gundam UC 3: Ghost of Laplace Subtitled Trailer Posted ()
- Hey, Answerman! - The Shape of Things ()
- Jason Thompson's House of 1000 Manga - Crying Freeman ()
- Anime News Nina! - 2011-02-23 ()
- The X Button - Vice Versus ()
- Brain Diving - The Filth and the Furi ()
- Shelf Life - Spring Awakening ()
- Astro Toy - Figma Mari Makinami Illustrious ()
- Buried Treasure - Legend of the Angel ()
- ANNCast - Adult Beveridge ()
- Hey, Answerman! - A Higher Level of Whatever ()
- Jason Thompson's House of 1000 Manga Special Edition Part 3: Sports Manga and Ginga: Silver Shooting Star ()
- The X Button - Marvel Combat ()
- Anime News Nina! - 2011-02-16 ()
- Now Streaming: Hero Tales 1-4 (dub) ()
- Brain Diving - Lookin' for manga in all the right places ()
- RIGHT TURN ONLY!! - The Amnesiac Butler ()
- Shelf Life - Starry Nights ()
- Astro Toy Special Edition: Toy Fair 2011 ()
- The Mike Toole Show - Return to Super Robot Island ()
- Now Streaming: Moribito 1-26 (d) ()
- ANNCast - The Hebert Report ()
- Hey, Answerman! - Insurmountable Chaos ()
- Jason Thompson's House of 1000 Manga Special: Combination and Nurse Station ()
- Now Streaming: Princess Tutu 1-26 (d) ()
- Still Streaming: Sands of Destruction 1-12 (s)/1-2 (d) ()
- The X Button - Status Check ()
- Brain Diving - Thrown for a Loup ()
- Shelf Life - Clash of the Tytans ()
- Astro Toy - Figma Yoshika Miyafuji ()
- ANNCast - Funny Ha Ha ()
- Hey, Answerman! - A Life in Lists ()
- Jason Thompson's House of 1000 Manga Special: Salaryman Kintaro and Quiet Don ()
- The X Button - Get Serious ()
- Brain Diving - Lunar Landing ()
- RIGHT TURN ONLY!! - Nura of the Dead ()
Sometimes your first kiss is magical, but if you're an anime character, this adolescent milestone can get too weird for comfort. Here are six first kisses that the smoochers might want to forget. ― A first kiss can be a special, a treasured moment shared between two romantic partners. Or it can be haphazardly stolen by some jerk trying to one-up his friend or caused by a pratfall down a flight of st...
My Monster Secret kicks into high gear with a pair of wild rambling adventures in its fifth volume. Nick Creamer digs into the action. ― The last two volumes of My Monster Secret have seen the manga drifting through a variety of chapter-length adventures, before settling into the more long-form and ultimately satisfying trip to Shiragami's parents' house. In light of the events of volume five, it see...
Zac and special guest Dawn from the Anime Nostalgia Podcast reveal their undying love for Rumiko Takahashi, titan of manga, creator of timeless classics like Urusei Yatsura, Ranma 1/2 and more. ― ANNCast Episode 300 - Rumiko Talkahashi Zac and special guest Dawn from the Anime Nostalgia Podcast reveal their undying love for Rumiko Takahashi, titan of manga, creator of timeless classics like Urusei Y...
We're not used to smash hit anime coming from China, but they have a bonafide success in The King's Avatar - here's everything you need to know about the phenomenon. ― It seems fair to say that every country has its own basic style or flavor of animation. When we think of Asian animated works, most of us go immediately to anime, the Japanese variant, and it certainly is among the most prevalent and a...
Ten years before Princess Elizabeth set out to find Meliodas and the other Sins, her older sister Margaret and Gilthunder struggle to keep a terrible secret in this prequel to The Seven Deadly Sins. Rebecca Silverman investigates. ― If you're a casual fan of Nakaba Suzuki's manga The Seven Deadly Sins or its anime adaptation, you should be aware that this novel is intended to be read either after the...
just for fun
Attack on Titan races up the charts as the Spring anime season closes out! How did your favorite anime fare in our weekly user rankings? ― Our team of reviewers are following 27 anime series of the Spring 2017 season and readers are rating each episode as the reviews go up. So let's have a look at what ANN readers consider the best (and worst) of the season. Keep in mind that these rankings are base...
Dustin goes a few rounds with Nintendo's noodle-armed fighting game for the Switch just in time for the summer. PLUS: Konami controversy, Rap Rabbit's demise, Sega Forever and more! ― Even covering it from the comfort of a home office, the sheer volume of E3 was positively exhausting. My heart goes out to the poor writers in the trenches, and even more to the poor fans who paid money for the mostly u...
Is this slice of life comedy about convenience store candy a sugar rush worth indulging, or is it just as frivolously forgettable as its subject matter? Nick Creamer finds out. ― Anime has already offered us long-running dramas about baking bread and entire franchises predicated on idols fighting interstellar wars, so it's tough to be surprised by basically any premise these days. Slice of life in pa...
Ever since one Pokemon episode caused an unanticipated medical emergency, there have been viewer warnings in front of many anime on TV. Why are they starting to go away now? ― Chris asks: Back in the day, after that infamous episode of Pokémon gave viewers seizures, many anime would start with an on-screen warning to watch with the lights on and at a safe distance from the TV. A bunch of my late-90'...
Your complete guide to through the best (and the worst) theatrical feature films the Gundam franchise has to offer. ― Spanning 38 years of giant robot battle action and space opera drama, the Gundam franchise has remained hugely popular. It is also, to put it simply, huge. Between TV series, OVAs, and movies, hundreds of hours of anime bearing the Gundam name has been produced. It's a lot to take in,...
Have no fear, for the Limited Edition blu-ray of My Hero Academia is here! Nick Creamer revisits the strengths and weaknesses of this first season alongside its extras-packed home release. ― Debuting just three years ago, My Hero Academia has swiftly become one of the headline manga of Shounen Jump, a rip-roaring adventure elevated by strong art, charming characters, and consistent mastery of battle ...