Columns - November 2011
- The X Button - Interstellar Assault ()
- The Stream - Card Captor Chihaya ()
- Shelf Life - The Fifth Element ()
- UK Premiere: Maken-ki! 7-8 ()
- UK Premiere: Mirai Nikki 6-7 ()
- UK Premiere: Persona 4 The Animation 7 - Subconscious Tropical Paradise ()
- UK Premiere: Un-Go 7 - Daydream ()
- Australian Premiere: Un-Go 7 - Daydream ()
- Astro Toy - Figutto Marisa Kirisame ()
- Hey, Answerman! - Simply Cel-ular ()
- Jason Thompson's House of 1000 Manga - Midori Days ()
- ANNCast - Game Show II: Sons of Liberty ()
- The X Button - Excellent Saga ()
- Anime News Nina! - 2011-11-23 ()
- RIGHT TURN ONLY!! - The Princess Diaries ()
- Shelf Life - NY Noir ()
- The Mike Toole Show - The Melancholy of Yoshinobu Nishizaki ()
- UK Premiere: Persona 4 The Animation 6 - I'll beat you, and beat you good ()
- Gia's List: Anime's 7 Most Awkward Proposals ()
- ANNCast - Gym, TAN, Laundry ()
- Hey, Answerman! - In the Name of the Moon ()
- UK Premiere: Maken-ki! 6 - Like Rain on a Sunny Day ()
- UK Premiere: Mirai Nikki 5 - Voice Memo ()
- UK Premiere: Un-Go 6 - The Code Too Simple ()
- Australian Premiere: Un-Go 6 - The Code Too Simple ()
- Jason Thompson's House of 1000 Manga - Special Guest Edition: Chobits ()
- The X Button - 3-D Test ()
- The Stream - Back to the Future ()
- Shelf Life - Digital Love ()
- Astro Toy - Super Robot Chogokin Gaogaigar and Key Of Victory Set 1 ()
- UK Premiere: Persona 4 The Animation 5 - Would You Love Me? ()
- ANNCast - Viewers Like You: The Brave and the Old ()
- Hey, Answerman! - Double Dip ()
- Australian Premiere: Un-Go 5 - The Statue of Illusion ()
- UK Premiere: Un-Go 5 - The Statue of Illusion ()
- UK Premiere: Persona 4 The Animation 4 - Somewhere not here ()
- UK Premiere: Makken-ki! 3-5 ()
- Jason Thompson's House of 1000 Manga - Dodekain ()
- The X Button - Guardian Force ()
- Anime News Nina! - 2011-11-09 ()
- UK Premiere: Mirai Nikki 3-4 ()
- RIGHT TURN ONLY!! - Scrambled X ()
- Shelf Life - Ninja Nonsense ()
- The Mike Toole Show - War Stories ()
- Gia's List: The 6 Most-Abused Anime Protagonists ()
- UK Premiere: Mystic Archives of Dantalian 10-12 (finale) ()
- Hey, Answerman! - Tooting One's Horn ()
- Jason Thompson's House of 1000 Manga - Gojin ()
- ANNCast - Guy Kiley ()
- UK premiere: Un-Go 4 - House, Unmasked ()
- Australian premiere: Un-Go 4 - House, Unmasked ()
- The X Button - Stratus Symbol ()
- The Stream - Genesis Project ()
Loading next article...
The C3 Anime Festival Asia Singapore holds the crown as the biggest anime festival in Asia outside of Japan. The con celebrated its 10th anniversary this year, and was attended by over 96,000 people. This year's events featured no major changes from the previous ones, but why fix what isn't broken? Notably, 2017's guest lineup included the main staff of Violet Evergarden, which was part of the con...
We frequently hear about how in Western animation, performances are often taped before animation really starts - but the opposite is apparently true in Japan. Justin gets into it. ― James asked: Some time ago, you stated that one of the major differences between western animation and Japanese animation is that, in western animation, all dialogue is recorded first, and then the animation is done to m...
Paul gets into the recent film remake of this gearhead classic, along with all this week's new anime releases! ― I really liked the ending of Recovery of an MMO Junkie this week, but now I'm starting to realize that the early finale means I'll have to get through the rest of the season without it. You know a series is good when the thought of not having new episodes to watch makes you feel a little ...
One of the most beloved shojo anime of all time comes to Blu-ray in this "sweet sixteen" special edition set! Rebecca Silverman looks back on how this heartwarming classic has held up sixteen years later. ― Back when it was first released, Fruits Basket, based on the manga of the same name by Natsuki Takaya, was a sensation. Combining elements of fantasy, slice-of-life, and reverse harem romance come...
Mike devours a few episodes of the genre-smashing French action cartoon Lastman and wonders - is this anime? ― Earlier this year I was at the Crunchyroll Expo, where I hosted a bunch of discussion panels and presented a couple of my own. The homogenous look and omnipresent Crunchyroll branding took some getting used to, but it was ultimately an energetic and well-run show, a deft mix of the stuff I l...
My Monster Secret’s sixth volume maintains its madcap romcom appeal in spite of some predictably glacial pacing. Nick Creamer has the details. ― At last, it's time for action. As My Monster Secret's sixth volume opens, our hero Asahi reiterates his determination to actually confess to his vampiric classmate Shiragami. Having been spurred into action by the courage of his childhood friend Mikan, he's ...
With Monster Musume and Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid in the rearview mirror and a few more weeks to wait before Killing Bites next season, here are seven great monster girl manga to whet your appetite. ― Back in 2015, monster girls were all the rage thanks to Okayado's hit Monster Musume. The anime adaptation was one of the first to introduce a harem of all non-human girls. It also successfully marr...
Shonen Jump's rising hit series captivates with a dark tale about a cruel and unusual home for orphans. Rebecca Silverman plunges the depths of this promising new title. ― When Jonathan Swift published his satirical treatise on why the economic crisis in Ireland could be solved by eating children in 1729, it took him until the final lines to clue his readers in on the joke. The Promised Neverland tak...
Jacob Grady, FAKKU founder and freshly-minted owner of Kitty Media drops by ANNCast for another round of questions and answers about the business of ero (plus skateboards). ― ANNCast Episode 313 - Ecchi Sketches Jacob Grady, FAKKU founder and freshly-minted owner of Kitty Media drops by ANNCast for another round of questions and answers about the business of ero (plus skateboards). You can listen to...
Recap episodes pop up in plenty of anime, retelling parts of a story you just watched. Why do these recap episodes exist in the age of streaming? Justin gets into it. ― It's the holiday season, so people are pretty busy. There's gift-buying, there's decorating, there are parties and for students, final exams. But that also means my questions tend to run dry, so if you can spare a moment, please send...
Who would come out on top in the ultimate contest for the Holy Grail? Gabriella Ekens has your guide to the best Heroic Spirits in every class that will guarantee your victory as a Master! ― Now that we've learned the backstories of all those famous characters here on Fate Fridays, we can proceed to the Fate universe's central question: who would win the fight for the Holy Grail? I've looked over all...
The charming shoujo series ends much as it began - sweet and cute enough to give you cavities. Rebecca Silverman reflects on this heartwarming story's conclusion. ― There isn't much to wrap up in Amu Meguro's tooth-rottingly adorable shoujo romance Honey So Sweet. Nao and Taiga are together. They're happy. They plan to be together for the duration. Short of manufacturing a dreadful disease or a paren...