Columns - October 2017
- Vice & Luna - The Top 5 Most Kissable Anime Skeletons ()
- This Week in Anime - What the Heck was ID-0 About? ()
- Answerman - Quick Answers Part 5 ()
- Shelf Life - Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions! Rikka Version ()
- The Mike Toole Show - The Anime-Ville Horror ()
- The List - 13 Terrifying Anime You Can Stream for Halloween This Year ()
- Answerman - How Tough Is It To Get Into College In Japan? ()
- This Week in Anime - What Does Vanishing Line Have to Offer GARO Fans and Newbies? ()
- This Week in Games - Nights of Azure 2: Bride of the New Moon ()
- Answerman - Where Do "Seasons" On Long-Running Anime Begin And End? ()
- This Week in Anime - Why is Recovery of an MMO Junkie So Relatable? ()
- Vice & Luna - A-Rank Cosplay ()
- Shelf Life - Ushio & Tora ()
- Answerman - Why Do Japanese-Owned Publishers Still Have To Pay For Licenses? ()
- ANNCast - Danganronpa Deep Dive ()
- The List - 7 Anime Genre Trends of 2017 ()
- Answerman - Are There Really Gangs In Japanese Schools? ()
- This Week in Anime - Why You Should Watch Blood Blockade Battlefront ()
- This Week in Games - Bad Apple Wars ()
- Answerman - Why Do Westerners Make Assumptions About Japan Because of Anime? ()
- Vice & Luna - "I'm Watching It Ironically" ()
- This Week in Anime - How Does the Kino's Journey Remake Compare to the Original Series? ()
- Answerman - Why Does Anime Occasionally Use English Songs? ()
- Shelf Life - Occultic;Nine Part 1 ()
- The List - 7 Anime That Almost Were ()
- ANNCast - Fall 2017 Anime Roundup ()
- Answerman - Is Anime Streaming Consumer-Friendly Right Now? ()
- This Week in Anime - Why You Should Watch Mr. Osomatsu ()
- This Week in Games - Seven Months With Nintendo Switch ()
- Answerman: Why Don't Streaming Sites Work Together? ()
- Vice & Luna - All In The Family ()
- This Week in Anime - Why You Should Watch Food Wars! ()
- Answerman - What Is "Digipaint"? ()
- Shelf Life - Shin Godzilla ()
- The List - 6 Unique Takes on Edogawa Ranpo ()
- Answerman - Where Did The Idea Of 100 Ghost Stories Come From? ()
- This Week in Anime - Will Bakugo Become a Hero or a Villain? ()
- This Week in Games - Gundam Versus ()
- Answerman - Why Are Sentai Titles Showing Up On Anime Strike? ()
- Vice & Luna - "Vice Writes an Isekai Novel" ()
- This Week in Anime - Made in Abyss Made Us Cry Like Little Babies ()
- Answerman - Why Do Dub Voice Actors Stick To The Same Studios? ()
- Shelf Life - The Boy and the Beast ()
- The Mike Toole Show - Cool Runnings 2049 ()
If you ask an American manga publisher about whether or not they're going to license a title you love, they'll be super coy and weird about it even if they have every intention of releasing it. Why is that? Deb digs in. ― Just got back from Anime Expo, and I'm at San Diego Comic-Con as you read this, where I'll be doing more of the same: going to the manga publishers' panels and reporting on what I ...
Once you get past its oddball premise, Hinamatsuri offers plenty of laughs and charm throughout its unusual run. Nick Creamer has the details. ― You wouldn't think a show about a family composed of a yakuza mobster and a psychic alien girl could be described as “warm and relatable,” but Hinamatsuri is weird in more ways than that. Idly combining trenchant commentary on homelessness, running child lab...
F/E LE premiered on Netflix last month to plenty of head-scratching from even experienced Fate fanatics. We run down this show's often baffling plot and what went wrong in adaptation. ― Fate/Extra Last Encore premiered on Netflix last month to plenty of head-scratching from even experienced Fate fanatics. This week, Nick and Jacob run down this show's often baffling plot and what went wrong in adapta...
Heidi memorializes the distinct and uniquely evocative designs of Hiroshi Kajiyama, illustrator for Shining Force, Dragon Quest and more. PLUS: Dragon Ball FighterZ, Sonic Mania Plus, Granblue Fantasy and much more! ― I hate to start this week's column out on a downer note, but I feel like I need to make the most of an opportunity to eulogize a creator I really admired who suddenly passed on this wee...
The director and producer of Persona 5 The Animation stormed Anime Expo 2018 this year - we've got an interview with the guys behind the anime, and a full panel report from the show. ― At this year's Anime Expo, Persona 5 the Animation's director Masashi Ishihama and producer Kazuki Adachi were kind enough to agree to a one-on-one interview with Anime News Network regarding their newest project. One ...
Once upon a time, Funimation and ADV Films licensed western cartoons for release into the fabled "mass market". Justin gets into this bit of history. ― Taylor asked: I've gone through Funimation's catalog on DVDEmpire and watched the "not-so-hidden secret" videos from Skippy on Youtube, and from what I saw, during the mid-00s, Funimation licensed several cartoons for release on DVD and VHS (includin...
This ensemble film tells a myriad of charming stories with some of the most impressive animation in the franchise's history. Callum May gives his take on this next step in Pokémon's ongoing evolution. ― Pokemon movies are often known for cheesy titles like “Zoroark: Master of Illusions” and “Hoopa and the Clash of Ages”, but the title of Pokemon the Movie: Everyone's Story has a very distinct meaning...