Columns - October 2009
- The Gallery - Henry Liao ()
- Hey, Answerman! ()
- ANNCast - That Ken-Do Attitude ()
- Buried Treasure - Mysterious Cities of Gold ()
- Letter From The Encyclopedist - Bochi-Bochi ()
- The X Button - The Old Frontier ()
- Totally Unnamed Gaming Column - I Am Lonely Driver ()
- Now Streaming: El Cazador De La Bruja 14-26 ()
- Chicks On Anime - Raining Men ()
- RIGHT TURN ONLY!! - Fairy Trails ()
- Shelf Life - Cutting Through Red Tape ()
- The Gallery - Ms,Shatia Hamilton ()
- Now Streaming: Murder Princess ()
- Hey, Answerman! ()
- ANNCast - A Manry Competition ()
- Anime News Nina! - 2009-10-21 ()
- The X Button - Metal Storm ()
- Totally Unnamed Gaming Column - Surprisingly Big in Japan ()
- Shelf Life - Fresh Blood ()
- Astro Toy with Rob Bricken: Meiya Mitsurugi Figma ()
- The Gallery - Bettina Kurkoski ()
- Hey, Answerman! ()
- ANNCast - Surrounded by Sevakises ()
- Buried Treasure - The Phoenix: Karma ()
- Anime News Nina! - 2009-10-14 ()
- The X Button - Hard Corps ()
- Totally Unnamed Gaming Column - They see me rollin' They hatin' ()
- RIGHT TURN ONLY!! - What a Wonderful Gundam ()
- Chicks On Anime - Seme Like it Hot ()
- Shelf Life - Changing of the Guards ()
- Totally Unnamed Gaming Column - Towels, Devils and Moe Bombs ()
- The Gallery - Bing Lin ()
- ANNCast - Doin' a Daryl Roll ()
- Anime News Nina! - 2009-10-07 ()
- The X Button - Neo Model Army ()
- Shelf Life - Fists of Fury ()
- Astro Toy Classic with Rob Bricken - The Crescendolls ()
- Totally Unnamed Gaming Column - We are what wii ware. ()
- The Gallery - Victor Hao ()
- ANNCast - Johnston Waxes ()
- Hey, Answerman! ()
- Buried Garbage - Dark Cat ()
Western anime fans sometimes carry around a lot of incorrect assumptions about Japanese society thanks to anime, but what can be done about that? ― Hiroki asked: I'm Japanese, and I'm wondering why so many Americans seem to analyze all of Japan through late-night anime that very few people watch. They get a lot of misconceptions, thinking that we won't kiss people we like because we're all shy, and ...
Chart the exciting highs and terrifying lows of Studio Gonzo, one of the most famous, controversial, pioneering (and occasionally frustrating) anime studios in history. ― GONZO is a name that all seasoned fans are acquainted with. That's not due to their longevity, since as a company founded in 1992 they're essentially an average, middle aged anime producer. And to be quite honest, it isn't because o...
This 3DCG mecha series from last spring has finally debuted on Netflix, but was it worth the wait? Theron Martin has the answers. ― What do you get when the creator/director for the Code Geass franchise teams up with the writer behind Gundam Build Fighters? This 12-episode original anime production, which aired in Japan during the Spring 2017 season. After many months of waiting, Netflix has made the...
The bloody war between the twelve warriors of the Zodiac begins... Who will be the last standing in the end? ― JUNI TAISEN: ZODIAC WAR Official Website: http://12taisen.com/ Official Twitter: @12taisen Introduction Story Characters Cast & Staff Gallery Premiere Date: October 3, 2017 Streaming available at: Crunchyroll (sub), Funimation (dub) Key Staff Director: Naoto Hosoda (The Future Diary, Minami...
This season delivered a truly unexpected reboot in the form of a new Kino's Journey anime, so we compare notes on these two versions, what's changed, and why. ― Well over a decade has passed since Kino's Journey was first adapted into anime, but this season brought us an unexpected remake with Kino's Journey - the Beautiful World-. This week in anime, Jacob and Steve compare notes on how the characte...
Platinum End’s third volume is its best yet, with a strong balance of tension and beauty. Nick Creamer dives into the action. ― In many ways, Platinum End feels like a rewrite of Death Note. From its death game premise to its fantastical but tightly constrained powers, focus on identity puzzles, and grim reflections on morality, many elements of Platinum End feel like a recalibration of Ohba's first ...
just for fun
Luna has a solid plan to let Netflix know that her multiple repeated viewings of Death Note are not intended as an endorsement. ―
Nine teenage girls from a small high school in a corner of Suruga Bay dream of becoming the next generation of bright, sparkling "school idols"! ― Love Live! Sunshine!! (2nd Season) Official Website: http://www.lovelive-anime.jp/uranohoshi/ Official Twitter: @LoveLive_staff Story Characters Cast & Staff Gallery Premiere Date: October 7, 2017 Key Staff Director: Kazuo Sakai ("Mushi-Uta" as director, ...
Sometimes even famous English pop singles from artists like Duran Duran or Savage Garden get used as anime theme songs, but how does this process work and why? ― Jake asked: I have noticed in a few rare instances that openings or closing songs are in English. On the other hand you have some very old song selections like in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, which I understand has tons of music references, us...
James Beckett gets into the most challenging spinoff of the Science Adventure Series, while Paul runs down all this week's new anime releases! ― I don't think I fully realized how much I'd missed Mr. Osomatsu until the second season started. That show really is my kind of anime comedy: wildly creative, totally bonkers, and not at all afraid to toss the viewer's expectations out the window. While I'm...
The long-awaited first part to this final-route trilogy is making its way to theaters, and Kim Morrissy has our spoiler-free rundown of what fans can expect from Heaven's Feel. ― Fate/stay night: Heaven's Feel I. presage flower is the best Fate anime so far. Yes, it's even better than Fate/Zero. This is not something I say lightly—Heaven's Feel really does live up to the hype. My only problem with re...
This unconventional boys-love story about a hearing impaired student breaks the mold in several nice ways. Rebecca Silverman has the details. ― The third story about someone with hearing loss to come out in English in recent years, I Hear the Sunspot is also perhaps the most thoughtful. While A Silent Voice shines a light on bullying and So Cute it Hurts takes a romantic angle, Yuki Fumino's graphic ...