News - December 2003
- Mezzo Trailer ()
- Stand Alone Complex Game Images ()
- Howl's Moving Castle Delayed ()
- Adult Swim January & February ()
- Article on Japanese Pop-Culture ()
- ADV Title Sites ()
- Stand Alone Complex PS2 Game ()
- More Ghibli Commercials ()
- Trailers a Plenty ()
- Ironcat titles delayed indefinitely ()
- Gundam Seed OAV ()
- New ADV Releases ()
- New largest event in North America ()
- Tales of Phantasia OAV ()
- Yukikaze Trailer online ()
- Del Rey Manga Site ()
- Chibi Contest Over ()
- Unconfirmed New Manga from Viz ()
- Chibi Witch Hunter Robin Contest Part 1 Results ()
- Tokyopop Licensing Update ()
- Gunparade March Website ()
- Ghibli Down Under ()
- Anime Insider Job Opening ()
- New Release Dates ()
- Tokyopop launches third Rising Stars competition ()
- Konami to Release Shaman King Games ()
- GiTS 2 music video collection DVD titled ()
- Book about Mamoru Oshii to be Published ()
- Memories coming in March ()
- Anime Insider Previews Get Backers ()
- Ghibli USA Interview ()
- Initial D - Fourth Stage ()
- Kids'WB acquires more Megaman ()
- Yu Yu Hakusho and Dragon Ball Z return to Toonami in January ()
- Manga in Walmart ()
- .hack//Sign V.6 LE details ()
- Dragonball falls from top of Lycos search list ()
- Fullmetal Alchemist OP by L'Arc-en-Ciel ()
- New Releases ()
- Saint Seiya preview online ()
- AnimEigo Celebrates 15 Years ()
- New CPM Titles ()
- .Hack//Quarantine Due January 13th ()
- Tokyo Godfather English Website ()
- New Feature ()
- World Asia Television to Feature Anime ()
- t.A.T.u. Anime ()
- Cyborg 009 DVDs announced ()
- Broccoli Books Announces Galaxy Angel Vol 1 ()
- Bandai and Microsoft distribute Anime ()
- Appleseed Details ()
- Totoro at Japan Expo 2005 ()
- More on Tokyopop Licenses ()
- Tokyopop Announces New Manga Releases ()
- Galaxy Angel Delayed ()
- Production IG Interview regarding Kill Bill ()
- Crying Freeman collected ()
- Religious Anime Showing in LA ()
- Anime on International Channel ()
- Ragnarok Online Anime ()
- Official Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi Website here. ()
- T.M. Revolution and Nami Tamaki at PMX ()
- New Urotsukidoji release ()
- Manga delays Macross and Evangelion Boxes ()
- Lupin III Back on CN ()
- New Releases from ADV and Geneon ()
- Central Park Media Launches CPM Press ()
- ComicsOne announces Sister Red ()
- No Anime on Adult Swim New Years Special ()
- Funimation does not have One Piece License ()
- Tokyopop Announces Marmalade Boy DVD collection ()
- Viz Aquires Ultimate Muscle: The Kinnikuman Legacy Manga ()
- More CCGs from Bandai America ()
- Evangelion brings man to kill mother ()
- Anime on Starz Action ()
- Funimation announces February and March Releases ()
- Broccoli Books Announces Aquarian Age – Juvenile Orion volume 1 ()
- Ghost in the Shell: Innocence Trailer ()
Mike picks over the bones of the Hollywood Ghost in the Shell, catalogs the best adaptations so far, and wonders where live-action anime might go after this. ― This year's convention season is rockin' and rollin'. This week, I'm on show number three of 2017, enjoying the sights and sounds of Anime North up in Toronto. I come up to Canada for this show, and it's always an interesting time. I admire Ca...
Food Wars is still going strong as the Polaris Dorm gets ready to take on Azami Nakiri's corrupt new administration. Rebecca Silverman has the details. ― There is rarely a dull moment in Yuto Tsukuda and Shun Saeki's Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma manga, and while there's a small breather between storylines of this volume, the action is as intense as ever despite the climbing volume numbers. This eight...
Being surrounded by sexy love interests might seem like paradise to some, but one fan's heaven is another fan's hell. Here are seven harems with no good apples to choose from! ― Harem anime is a well-established romance sub-genre, and while most incarnations these days put our hero into a magical world outside of his own, romance options have spanned trains, transforming soda cans, and potential lit...
UQ Holder’s ninth volume makes the most of its prolonged training arc material. Nick Creamer weighs the pros and cons of Ken Akamatsu's latest series. ― UQ Holder has always been an inherently strange shounen property. With its focus on a team of heroes who are all gifted with some form of immortality, the manga has at time had trouble offering compelling opponents for its protagonists. And main char...
Could Netflix's influence solve the many production and salary woes plaguing the anime industry? Justin considers the angles. ― Earl asks: The trailer for the new Castlevania anime came out today and my coworkers and I were remarking on the animation quality. It's an American production (despite what I thought initially), but it got me thinking... Would Netflix-style contracts/production be a way ou...
From fearsome warriors to gluttonous goofballs, Attack on Titan's cast is filled with a variety of colorful female characters. Rose Bridges explains what makes its cast of ladies so unique. ― Spoiler Warning: This article contains spoilers for the Attack on Titan anime up through episode 31, and also vaguely alludes to events from the Attack on Titan light novel "Lost Girls." Since the first season's...
Zac, Jacob and special guest Gabriella Ekens stitch their brains together for a deep dive on the entirety of PSYCHO-PASS - both seasons (yes, both seasons) and the film. ― ANNCast Episode 297 - Psycho-Pass Zac, Jacob and special guest Gabriella Ekens stitch their brains together for a deep dive on the entirety of PSYCHO-PASS - both seasons (yes, both seasons) and the film! You can listen to the show...
Miss Hokusai demonstrates the power of articulating life as it is lived, presenting a rich portrait of both its historical moment and its charming heroine. ― The great painter Hokusai is one of the most famous and internationally renowned artists in Japanese history. Responsible for works as recognized as The Great Wave off Kanigawa (itself an element of the vastly influential 36 Views of Mount Fuji)...
The world-famous composer behind the music of Silent Hill discusses his long career making scary games scarier, along with his latest, the score for Let It Die. ― Japanese composer Akira Yamaoka, renowned for his work on Silent Hill's soundtrack, attended this year's Granada FicZone. He's also credited for many other video game scores such as Shadows of the Damned, Lollipop Chainsaw, and Killer Is De...
An ancient Fire Emblem game from the depths of the Famicom library gets resurrected on the 3DS - but is it worth your time? PLUS: Mario's got a gun, Netflix for games and much more! ― If you've followed this column for a while, you've probably noticed that I've got a taste for a lot of the games Nintendo puts out. Yet I've never delved deep into Fire Emblem. I played the first Western release when it...
This princess is more interested in actually ruling and political intrigue than finding a prince in this first volume of Aya Shirosaki's shoujo manga. Rebecca Silverman has the details. ― Gleam is the second manga release from e-publisher Cross Infinite World (the first being Little Hero), and a totally different bird from their usual fare. Where before all of their series featured ordinary girls bei...