News - July 2000
- New movie from Katsuhiro Otomo and Rin Taro ()
- Sailor Moon fan club / phone sex line ()
- Slam Dunk Petition online ()
- Cowboy Bebop Movie Begins Production ()
- DBZ Subtitling article ()
- Lucas does Anime ()
- Final Fantasy Article in Time Magazine ()
- A.L.IC.E reviews ()
- Manga wins an Eisner ()
- Anime Colony chat updates ()
- Vampire Hunter D DVD news ()
- Ah! Megami Sama movie update ()
- Newtype opens English website ()
- Hiroyuki Kitakubo will not be at Fantasia ()
- Cartoon Network News from ComicCon! ()
- Otakon Confirms HK Guest ()
- Legend of Galactic Heroes Petition ()
- No Kenshin Cuts ()
- Ah! Megami Sama Movie production nearing completion ()
- Anime a Day on TV ()
- Upcoming IRC sessions with Hiroyuki Kitakubo ()
- Another Anime Article online ()
- Online Comic Con Interviews ()
- Online Preview of new AD Police TV Series ()
- Online Preview of Street Fighter Alpha OVA ()
- Bandai reigns in Forgeries ()
- Gen 13 vs Pikachu ()
- Escaflowne Broadcast Details ()
- Dragon Ball Z news ()
- Gundam the Ride ()
- Official Robotech Website ()
- Urusei Yatsura DVD Status Update ()
- Comic-Con News Tidbits ()
- report from Harmony Gold's Robotech panel at Comic Con ()
- Pokemon The Movie 2000 Reviews online ()
- Online Comics paying Homage to Anime ()
- Takahashi Rumiko at Comic Con ()
- Japanese DVD released with English Subtitles ()
- Final Fantasy Trailer online ()
- Lost Universe on DVD ()
- New Digimon Movie ()
- Digital Otaku discusses Escaflowne on Fox ()
- Final Fantasy: The Movie Trailer coming ()
- ADV Cancels VHS Subtitles ()
- Flying Puff Girls ()
- Cartoon Network to change Tenchi Title ()
- Pioneer dropping prices ()
- Cardcaptors a hit! ()
- Dinozaurs TV series on Fox ()
- Sin The Movie Announcement ()
- OTAKON WILL have the Escaflowne Movie ()
- Vampire Hunter D: The movie reviews ()
- Robotech Panel at Comicon ()
- Disney Relents ()
- POKEMON, UTENA voice actress to host chat room ()
- Urrban Vision at San Diego Comic-Con ()
- Anime channel petition ()
- Rachel Lillis (Pokemon, Utena voice actress) to host chat ()
- Urban Vision announces first DVD ()
- RAN being Re-released in theatres! ()
- Escaflowne Review ()
- Son Goku Doesn't like Whazzup ()
- Vampire Hunter D world Premiere ()
- Anime Articles online ()
- Bandai delays ()
- Criterion to Look into Ghibli films ()
- Fox Advertising Escaflowne ()
- Star Blazers DVD to be released ()
- Tekken Live Action Film ()
- Sailor Moon Soldier keeps Japanese name ()
- ADV Bringing games to film ()
- Sakura Movie and TV Series ()
- Pokemon News ()
- New Otakon Guests! ()
- New Generation talks about Nanako with Anime.About.Com ()
- Manga Release Schedule ()
- Kissing Cousins? ()
- Slam Dunk 2? ()
- SciFi retracts Lain2 Rumour ()
- More Mononoke DVD News ()
- 45 Minute Tenshi on Cartoon Network ()
- Beserk Creator Interview online ()
- Ultima Movie Coming ()
- Manga UK DVD's delayed ()
- Stonebrige Press to publish Anime Encclopedia ()
- More Tenchi Updates ()
- Mononoke Hime DVD Update ()
- New Beserk Series? ()
- New Tenchi ? ()
- Gunsmith Cats and Shadow Lady coming to an end ()
- Animeigo News ()
- Evangelion on your cell phone ()
- Why Animeigo is going DVD only ()
- Gundam Wing to Air on YTV ()
- Trailers for Third Pokemon Movie ()
- Chiho Sato chat Transcript ()
- AX Charity Auction raised $68 000 ()
- SPJA awards ()
- New Japanese Kenshin Video ()
- More Sydney Olympics Arts Festival News ()
- Tenchi Muyo on the Cartoon Network ()
- Mattel aquires rights to Robotech ()
- Fantasia 2000 holds press conference ()
- Escaflowne Details ()
- New Petition for Mononoke ()
- Trouble at Anime Expo 2000 ()
- Errata: Revolutionary Girl Utena by Software Scultors ()
- ADV News ()
- Toonami Madness ()
- No Ikoku Dubs ()
- Viz Aquires Ayashia no Ceres ()
- Escaflowne trailer translated ()
- LA Time Article about AnimeExpo ()
- Weird Al doesPokemon ()
- The world of Anime in 5 parts ()
Loading next article...
Watching anime doesn't have to be purely a shut-in pursuit! Here are six titles that encourage you to explore the wonders of the natural world. ― One of my favorite anime airing this season is Laid-Back Camp, a story that looks like another "cute girls doing cute things" anime on the surface but ended up delivering more for me. That's not to say that it doesn't star cute girls who mostly hang out do...
This manga spinoff of the surprise hit franchise brings some great art to the table but falls short on story. Rebecca Silverman has the details. ― The surprise hit anime of last year, Kemono Friends, is only one portion of a multimedia franchise – there are games, apps, and a variety of other bits and bobs to accompany the anime. Fly's two-volume manga Welcome to Japari Park, collected into a single ...
The Eureka Seven art contest has been extended, and we're adding new prizes! ― The Eureka Seven Hi-Evolution film series lands in theaters later this year. The original staff, chief director Tomoki Kyoda, screenplay writer Dai Sato, and character designer Kenichi Yoshida, have all returned. Other staff members from the past series, including character animation director Ayumi Kurashima, Shigeru Fujit...
Zac, Jacob and special guest Gabriella Ekens fiendishly devour as many of the 2018 winter premieres as they can, plus Godzilla: Planet of the Monsters! ― ANNCast Episode 317 - Winter 2018 Anime Roundup Zac, Jacob and special guest Gabriella Ekens fiendishly devour as many of the 2018 winter premieres as they can, plus Godzilla: Planet of the Monsters! You can listen to the show on our player here, d...
Older anime like Evangelion frequently have strange "jumps" in between edits - why is that, and what can be done about it? Justin goes in deep! ― K.o.R asked: Why, on a lot of older anime series, does the picture appear to jerk sideways whenever there is a cut? It's noticeable on things like the original release of Evangelion, for example. In the years before anime went all-digital, TV shows were ed...
One of the only American artists to ever serialize a manga in Japan, Part I of our interview with Peepo Choo mangaka Felipe Smith goes in-depth on the manga industry and his incredible career. ― “Unlike most manga-inspired artists I know, I wasn't so much wowed by the [style of] manga as I was by its incredible abundance of ordinary, lifelike, slice-of-life scenarios and characters.” Inspired by that...
The most popular Gundam series in the Western hemisphere finally comes to Blu-ray in this extravagant set filled with bonus goodies. But does the show still hold up 20 years later? Lauren Orsini finds out. ― Gundam Wing was one of the first anime I ever saw, and I'm not alone. When the show first aired on Cartoon Network's Toonami in 2000, it created a wave of brand new-anime fans who are now in thei...
The Raten Taisho: a festival where people with abnormal powers gather. ― Hitori No Shita The Outcast 2 (Raten Taisho Chapter) Official Website: http://hitorinoshita2.com/ Introduction Story Characters Cast & Staff Gallery An episode 0 (recap of the first season) will be broadcast on January 10, 2018 (JST). 1st episode of the season 2, will then start January 17, 2018 (JST). Key Staff Animation Produ...
Now that it's done setting up its story, GARO -Vanishing Line- has taken off on a wild road trip across the USA. We explore how this change has made the show stronger. ― Now that it's done setting up its story, GARO -Vanishing Line- has taken off on a wild road trip across the USA. This week in anime, Nick and Steve expound on how this change has made the show stronger. Disclaimer: The views and opin...
Beloved veteran voice actor Johnny Yong Bosch chats about his role in Digimon Adventure Tri, stepping into an established character, and who his ideal Digimon partner would be! ― In anticipation of the last three Digimon Adventure Tri. films being released with an English dub in theaters this year (kicking off with the premiere of Part 4: Loss on February 1st), we spoke to Johnny Yong Bosch about his...
There's a mountain of brand-new Nintendo news, from Detective Pikachu to craft cardboard. PLUS: SNK Heroines, Final Fantasy XV returns and much more! ― THIS WEEK IN GAMES: NINTENDO GONE WILD! When I write this column, I usually begin by writing an outline on Tuesday morning, working on it Tuesday and Wednesday, and then submitting it Wednesday evening for publication early Thursday morning. This usua...
To celebrate the release of the live action GINTAMA film, we are giving away awesome prize packs including exclusive merchandise only available in Japan! ― To celebrate the release of this laugh-out-loud Sci-Fi Samurai Comedy, we are giving away two awesome GINTAMA prize packs including exclusive merchandise only available in Japan! Get ready to laugh your brains out with the Yorozuya Crew! The inter...
The combined forces of Gen Urobuchi, Polygon Pictures and Netflix have a brand-new animated Godzilla movie for you! Well, the first half of one, anyway. Callum May straps in. ― If this is your first time experiencing Godzilla, turn back now. This is not a film for the uninitiated. Whilst other recent attempts to reboot the series, such as the American Godzilla in 2014 and the most recent Godzilla: Re...
Studio Ponoc's Yoshiaki Nishimura and Hiromasa Yonebayashi talk about escaping Ghibli and forging their own destinies with a lavish fantasy film. ― Mary and the Witch's Flower is the first theatrical feature from Studio Ponoc, a brand-new animation house brimming with former Studio Ghibli luminaries (and a whole lot of the artists responsible for making Ghibli films as beautiful as they are). Founded...
One reader wonders why Adult Swim went with the 2011 Hunter x Hunter instead of the original 90s version - and why in general, not much classic anime is on US TV. Justin considers the angles. ― Joshua asked: Why does Toonami always go with the new versions of series over the old classic ones? For example Hunter x Hunter choose the 2011 version over the 1999 version. As much as you and I love the loo...
This insanely salacious reboot of the Go Nagai classic brings Masaaki Yuasa's wild fantasies to life like nothing else. Mike Toole details how Crybaby holds up for both old fans and new. ― I met Masaaki Yuasa at Anime Expo a few years back. When he was first announced as the director of Devilman Crybaby, I remembered seeing him speak effusively of loving mainstream anime, prizing his work on Crayon S...
Now that it's no longer behind a double-paywall, there's no better time to catch up on this post-apocalyptic adventure while settling in for the winter. We share our favorite things about this surprisingly impactful series. ― Now that Girls' Last Tour is no longer behind a double-paywall, there's no better time to catch up on all the post-apocalyptic adventure while settling in for the winter. This w...