News - November 2000
- Captain Tylor DVD Update ()
- CPM to release Harlock Saga ()
- Upper Deck Gundam Trading Cards ()
- Anime Love Re-opens! ()
- Less Cut Kite on German TV ()
- Upcoming ADV releases ()
- World's Biggest Otaku ()
- Ghibli News ()
- Correction: Angelic Layer ()
- Initial D Movie update ()
- Black Jack the Movie on DVD ()
- Street Fighter V corrections ()
- 5th Kobe Animation Festival ()
- eigoMANGA, online Manga Website. ()
- New series from Hiroaki Samura ()
- Angelic Layer to be animated ()
- AnimEigo DVDs in retail outlets? ()
- Studio Ironcat Interview ()
- AIC Nan-Desu-Kan News ()
- Production IG Online Store ()
- Newtype Online Updated ()
- Mainstreaming Anime -- Otaku TV ()
- Gasaraki Interview ()
- Bubble Gum Crisis Megaset Problems ()
- Grave Of The Fireflies DVD ()
- Anime Fringe Top 25 Anime Websites ()
- Street Fighter II tv series on DVD ()
- Miyazaki bootlegger arrested in Japan ()
- Right Stuf announces 8 man ()
- February releases from CPM ()
- Adam Warren to write Gen13 ()
- 5th Tezuka Osamu Bunka-sho awards ()
- Initial D movie wraps up production ()
- Digi Charat return to the airwaves ()
- Anime in top 10 video sales ()
- ADV press release ()
- Lego Sculpture of San ()
- Lots of Mari Iijima News! ()
- Media Blasters news ()
- ANN Mini contest ()
- Aibo Clue & ANN Mini contest ()
- Square and Shueisha [New Details] ()
- Maison Ikoku Petition ()
- Fanboy Entertainment to Publich Spellbound ()
- Win a Copy of the Wicked City SE DVD ()
- DVD Newsbriefs ()
- Ooops, no Aibo Clue Yesterday ()
- South Park episode Parodies Anime ()
- YTV Escaflowne News ()
- AOL Chat with Jessica Calvello tonight! ()
- Japanese White Paper mentions Manga ()
- Aibo Clue ()
- Staytooned closes ()
- New Hand Maid May episode ()
- New Newtype Online ()
- Sci-Fi cans Anime Colony ()
- Japanese Theatre News ()
- Tokyopop good bye letter ()
- Chat Transcripts online ()
- Anime Love launches ()
- Upcoming Bandai Titles ()
- Dragonball Z movie news ()
- more ADV film screenings in Austin ()
- Avalon Preview online ()
- Animate date is Tentative ()
- DVD releases ()
- Anime on DVD Studio Chat ()
- Urban Vision Wicked City Website ()
- San Jose TV station to show Dirty Pair Flash ()
- 2nd Maison Ikoku DVD Petition ()
- US - Japan Expo in two weeks ()
- Manga Announces Street Fighter Alpha ()
- Upcoming DVDs ()
- "Psychic" sues Pokemon over name ()
- Anno Hideaki wins award at Tokyo International Film Festival ()
- Animate and Mandarake News ()
- Captain Tylor DVD price correction ()
- A-Kon 2001 Announced ()
- Wicked City DVD out tommorrow ()
- Manga Press Releases ()
- Aibo Clue ()
- Takahashi Interview ()
- AnimEigo News ()
- Kadokawa sentenced ()
- Nausicaa in Korea ()
- Blue Sub No. 6 Page on Toonami ()
- Harmony Gold asks website to stop taking pre-orders for toys.. ()
- Production IG Article ()
- Slayers TV series Missing footage ()
- ADV Press Releases ()
- Releases from Viz ()
- Tekken OVA DVD ()
- Endless Waltz Promos ()
- The Yoshida Brothers ()
- Full Gunm details ()
- Regarding Unedited Dragonball Manga ()
- Pseudomé Studio announces II: Prologue ()
- New Gunm / Battle Angel Series ()
It's an original anime by Vampire Weekend frontman Ezra Koenig and famous actor Jaden Smith, along with a celebrity voice cast. What could possibly go wrong? Mike Toole investigates Netflix's latest original. ― They finally did it, folks: they animated Jaden Smith's Twitter account. That was what I thought after hearing Smith's character, Kaz, unwind the first of many bizarre pronouncements, in a bid...
just for fun
Zac and Jacob tackle Kenji Kamiyama's Napping Princess, plus the end of summer anime, new movies, and plenty of your questions! ― ANNCast Episode 306 - Nap Squad Zac and Jacob tackle Kenji Kamiyama's Napping Princess, plus the end of summer anime, new movies, and plenty of your questions! You can listen to the show on our player here, direct-download the MP3 version here, check out the show on Stitc...
Japan has an ocean of stage musicals based on anime, from Naruto to Sailor Moon - why don't they ever get released in the States? Justin considers the angles. ― Bunny asked: Sailor Moon's new musical cast were guests at a state anime convention, but I don't see it getting much further than that. We only have fansubs as a source, but I'd like to support it legally. I was wondering what would it take ...
The producer behind these anime-style action RPGs shares his inspirations as a developer and his ambitions for the simultaneous worldwide release of Code Vein! ― A long-time employee at Bandai Namco Entertainment, Yosuke Tomizawa is best known as the producer for the God Eater franchise. The God Eater games feature co-op multiplayer monster hunting within a story-focused experience. He is currently w...
So besides T&A, what is this season's Classroom of the Elite really about? Gabriella Ekens explores its takes on Nietzsche, Rousseau, and even other anime! ― What's the best way to organize society? How much power should be vested in the general population versus an elite leadership? And how should people be educated as to their best interests and true capabilities? Political philosophers have been m...
DBZ's saga comes to a close as heroes gather from across the universe to defeat Buu once and for all. Sam Leach dives into the conclusion to Toriyama's original epic. ― It's time for the final installment, not just of The Final Chapters, but of DBZ Kai as a whole. Before the recent movies and Dragon Ball Super, this was the definitive climax of Akira Toriyama's work. Appropriately, the Buu saga is ma...
Now that Re:CREATORS has concluded, did it live up to the promise of its premise? This week in anime, we break down where the series soared and where it sank. ― Now that Re:CREATORS has come to an end, did the show live up to the promise of its premise? This week in anime, Nick and Jacob break down where the series soared and where it sank. Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by the particip...
The screenwriter behind next season's URAHARA offers insights about how anime fandom has changed over the years and how Crunchyroll is perceived within the industry. ― Natsuko Takahashi is a veteran writer in the anime industry, having worked on the screenplay for projects like Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo, Moyashimon, and Tokyo Magnitude 8.0. Although she wasn't officially announced as a gu...
Dustin gets wet and wild with the girls of Senran Kagura on the PS4, along with this week's biggest news and other new game releases! ― You may have heard that homebrew developers—hackers, if you're feeling nasty—found a fully emulated version of NES Golf on board every shipping Nintendo Switch. After seemingly endless mystery surrounding why the ROM was there, they eventually discovered how to activ...
This straight-to-Netflix shonen manga adaptation is finally available to own on home release! Rebecca Silverman finds out if it was worth the wait. ― After an initial run on Netflix, the anime adaptation of The Seven Deadly Sins has arrived on Blu Ray and DVD. This season, which covers roughly the first fifteen volumes of Nakaba Suzuki's original manga, is a combination of interesting references to t...
Sentai Filmworks made a big announcement about phasing out DVDs forever - but why? Justin has a few ideas... ― Jake asked: I was reading a recent article that stated Sentai Filmworks was essentially phasing out their DVD releases by 2019 and are primarily going to release Blu-ray only with a few exceptions. I know you have got this question in the past on who buys DVD's Vs. Blu-rays which seems to b...
One of anime's most prolific screenwriters discusses his legacy of work on Eureka Seven, Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Ghost in the Shell, and what it takes to succeed as a writer in the industry. ― Dai Sato is one of anime's most prolific and accomplished screenwriters. He was the series composer for Eureka Seven and Ergo Proxy, and also wrote individual episodes for numerous series including Cowb...
Many anime revolve around the lives of otaku and other oddballs, but how many actually get their depictions right? Paul Jensen shares his best recommendations. ― The video game-themed comedy Gamers! has drawn a fair amount of attention this season, and not just for its wicked sense of humor. This show seems to have a strength that many anime series try and fail to obtain; it feels like Gamers really ...
Samus is back in this expansive, extensive remake of Game Boy original Metroid II, but can it capture that old Metroid feeling? Dustin suits up to find out... ― There's a lot of bombast to a title like Samus Returns. Not just a nod to the original Metroid II subhead, this is indeed the return of Samus after an interminable hiatus for the Metroid franchise. It's been thirteen years since the last 2D M...
What did this anime about fictional characters confronting their makers have to say about the creative process? This week in anime, we tackle the conclusion of Sota and Altair's story. ― Re:CREATORS is a story about fictional characters meeting the people who created them, but just how far does its metafictional rabbit hole go? This week in anime, Micchy and Steve follow Sota and Altair's tale all th...
To call the end of Danganronpa "shocking" would be an understatement! Jacob Chapman takes on the controversial final chapter in this SPOILER-FREE review. ― Prior to the release of this (second?) conclusion to the main Danganronpa trilogy, series creator Kazutaka Kodaka was emphatic in several interviews that this "new semester" would be completely open to newcomers. While it would bring closure to th...
It may never grab the spotlight like other long-running JRPG series, but the Ys games have a long legacy and a strong pedigree. With a new game on the horizon, here's everything a beginner needs to know. ― At one time a premier role-playing franchise that stood toe-to-toe against the likes of Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest, a variety of factors prevented Nihon Falcom's Ys from achieving the mainstrea...