News - July 2001
- Special Utena Movie DVD Extras ()
- More DBZ on KidsWB... ()
- DigiCharat English VA to debut in Japan ()
- CD-Japan announces E-manga ()
- More Details and corrections on Cowboy Bebop Soundtracks ()
- San Diego Comic Con Figures ()
- Miscelaneous Bandai News from Ai Con ()
- VA Interviews ()
- Vampire Princess Miyu, Saint Tail Episode count shuffled ()
- Getter Robo DVD recall ()
- New Edit List - Gundam 08th MS Team ()
- Comicon: Not much going on ()
- More on new Anime Movies in Japan ()
- Life in Japan Update. ()
- Amazon Cover Up ()
- Its official: DB on Toonami Postponed till late August ()
- Toonami on Kid's WB has it all ()
- Lone Wolf And Cub Manga Wins Eisner ()
- I'm Going to Be an Angel! on DVD ()
- Walt Disney Aquires Fox ()
- Sequential Tart Spriggan Contest ()
- Cowboy Bebop Soundtrack release ()
- Tommy Yune Leaves Wildstorm for Robtech ()
- Getter Robo DVD Problems ()
- Sen To Chihiro Breaks Japanese Box Office Record ()
- New Anime coming to Japan ()
- Life in Japan? ()
- Gundam MS 08 Review ()
- New Edit List ()
- A look at Metropolis ()
- Miyazaki's latest film breaks box office records ()
- Daily Yomimuri Sen To Chihiro Review ()
- Tenchi Muyo OVA Season 3 Update ()
- AnimEigo September and October PR ()
- CN snags Cowboy Bebop, reveals Adult Swim plans ()
- Bishoujo Game Review: Snow Drop ()
- No Answerman today... ()
- New Reviews and Article ()
- Tokyopop Announcements at Comicon ()
- He DId it All for the Pokee ()
- DigiCharat Voice Actress Selected ()
- Slayers on Fox... on hold? ()
- CNN Article on Otaku ()
- Laputa, Castle in the Sky Direct To Video Release ()
- Anime Expo New York URL ()
- New Anime Movies in Japan ()
- ADV DVD News ()
- Nutech Announces Release Dates for Inmu and Shusaku ()
- Yaoi Con Press Release ()
- Wizard lists Top 50 Anime ()
- Astro Boy Manga aquired by Dark Horse ()
- TRSI upgrading, will close for a while ()
- Dual Volume 3 review ()
- Cel collecting article ()
- Dark Horse Press Releases ()
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventures set for US release ()
- Special Gundam Screening At Metreon ()
- Fox Kids' New Anime Series ()
- Outlaw Star returns to Toonami ()
- New Cowboy Bebop trailer online - updated ()
- Anime Expo in LA Times ()
- Final Fantasy Movie review ()
- Marvel announces Mangaverse ()
- More details on Kia Asamiya moving to the USA ()
- ADV does not have Noir ()
- Digi Charat Art Contest ()
- Studio Pierrot at AX ()
- More ADV at AX ()
- Kia Asamiya moving to New York? ()
- Trigun Kubricks ()
- Anime Causing Disney some headaches? ()
- Madonna an Anime fan? ()
- Toonami on Kids WB ()
- Jonathan Clements expands on Manga UK ()
- Laputa: Castle in the Sky coming soon to video and DVD? ()
- From Convention to Festival ()
- Anime Expo 2001 Auction and Closing Ceremonies ()
- Urban Vision at AX ()
- AX coverage corrections ()
- Manga UK dead? ()
- Newtype at AX ()
- Mecha Propulsion Systems at AX ()
- AnimEigo at AX ()
- Central Park Media at AX ()
- Haruhiko Mikimoto at AX ()
- Bandai at AX ()
- ADV at AX ()
- Manga Entertainment at AX ()
- Synch Point at AX ()
- Viz at AX ()
- NuTech Hentai Sneak peak ()
- Media Blasters at AX ()
- Pioneer at AX ()
- TRSI at AX ()
- Anime Expo Opening Ceremonies ()
- ANN at AX ()
- Nan Desu Kan July 2001 Update ()
- Seattle Post-Intelligencer Reviews Jin-Roh ()
- New Vampire Hunter D movie renamed ()
- Toonami CD Contest ()
- Dark Horse to Release Exxaxion ()
- Possible North American Release of Trigun Manga ()
- Burn Up W Billboard picture ()
- X/1999 News ()
- Chinese Police arrest underground Hentai dealers ()
- Bandai Interview ()
- Media Blasters October Releases & Acquisitions ()
- Anime On Sci-Fi ()
Loading next article...
Whether you're already a fan of the anime version or not, Made in Abyss' manga is a journey worth undertaking. Rebecca Silverman dives into this fantasy manga's dark and fascinating world. ― At this point, the anime adaptation of Akihito Tsukushi's fantasy manga is better known to English-speakers, since its release predates that of the source manga. For the curious, this first volume covers the anim...
Watching anime doesn't have to be purely a shut-in pursuit! Here are six titles that encourage you to explore the wonders of the natural world. ― One of my favorite anime airing this season is Laid-Back Camp, a story that looks like another "cute girls doing cute things" anime on the surface but ended up delivering more for me. That's not to say that it doesn't star cute girls who mostly hang out do...
This manga spinoff of the surprise hit franchise brings some great art to the table but falls short on story. Rebecca Silverman has the details. ― The surprise hit anime of last year, Kemono Friends, is only one portion of a multimedia franchise – there are games, apps, and a variety of other bits and bobs to accompany the anime. Fly's two-volume manga Welcome to Japari Park, collected into a single ...
The Eureka Seven art contest has been extended, and we're adding new prizes! ― The Eureka Seven Hi-Evolution film series lands in theaters later this year. The original staff, chief director Tomoki Kyoda, screenplay writer Dai Sato, and character designer Kenichi Yoshida, have all returned. Other staff members from the past series, including character animation director Ayumi Kurashima, Shigeru Fujit...
Zac, Jacob and special guest Gabriella Ekens fiendishly devour as many of the 2018 winter premieres as they can, plus Godzilla: Planet of the Monsters! ― ANNCast Episode 317 - Winter 2018 Anime Roundup Zac, Jacob and special guest Gabriella Ekens fiendishly devour as many of the 2018 winter premieres as they can, plus Godzilla: Planet of the Monsters! You can listen to the show on our player here, d...
Older anime like Evangelion frequently have strange "jumps" in between edits - why is that, and what can be done about it? Justin goes in deep! ― K.o.R asked: Why, on a lot of older anime series, does the picture appear to jerk sideways whenever there is a cut? It's noticeable on things like the original release of Evangelion, for example. In the years before anime went all-digital, TV shows were ed...
One of the only American artists to ever serialize a manga in Japan, Part I of our interview with Peepo Choo mangaka Felipe Smith goes in-depth on the manga industry and his incredible career. ― “Unlike most manga-inspired artists I know, I wasn't so much wowed by the [style of] manga as I was by its incredible abundance of ordinary, lifelike, slice-of-life scenarios and characters.” Inspired by that...
The most popular Gundam series in the Western hemisphere finally comes to Blu-ray in this extravagant set filled with bonus goodies. But does the show still hold up 20 years later? Lauren Orsini finds out. ― Gundam Wing was one of the first anime I ever saw, and I'm not alone. When the show first aired on Cartoon Network's Toonami in 2000, it created a wave of brand new-anime fans who are now in thei...
The Raten Taisho: a festival where people with abnormal powers gather. ― Hitori No Shita The Outcast 2 (Raten Taisho Chapter) Official Website: http://hitorinoshita2.com/ Introduction Story Characters Cast & Staff Gallery An episode 0 (recap of the first season) will be broadcast on January 10, 2018 (JST). 1st episode of the season 2, will then start January 17, 2018 (JST). Key Staff Animation Produ...
Now that it's done setting up its story, GARO -Vanishing Line- has taken off on a wild road trip across the USA. We explore how this change has made the show stronger. ― Now that it's done setting up its story, GARO -Vanishing Line- has taken off on a wild road trip across the USA. This week in anime, Nick and Steve expound on how this change has made the show stronger. Disclaimer: The views and opin...
Beloved veteran voice actor Johnny Yong Bosch chats about his role in Digimon Adventure Tri, stepping into an established character, and who his ideal Digimon partner would be! ― In anticipation of the last three Digimon Adventure Tri. films being released with an English dub in theaters this year (kicking off with the premiere of Part 4: Loss on February 1st), we spoke to Johnny Yong Bosch about his...
There's a mountain of brand-new Nintendo news, from Detective Pikachu to craft cardboard. PLUS: SNK Heroines, Final Fantasy XV returns and much more! ― THIS WEEK IN GAMES: NINTENDO GONE WILD! When I write this column, I usually begin by writing an outline on Tuesday morning, working on it Tuesday and Wednesday, and then submitting it Wednesday evening for publication early Thursday morning. This usua...
To celebrate the release of the live action GINTAMA film, we are giving away awesome prize packs including exclusive merchandise only available in Japan! ― To celebrate the release of this laugh-out-loud Sci-Fi Samurai Comedy, we are giving away two awesome GINTAMA prize packs including exclusive merchandise only available in Japan! Get ready to laugh your brains out with the Yorozuya Crew! The inter...
The combined forces of Gen Urobuchi, Polygon Pictures and Netflix have a brand-new animated Godzilla movie for you! Well, the first half of one, anyway. Callum May straps in. ― If this is your first time experiencing Godzilla, turn back now. This is not a film for the uninitiated. Whilst other recent attempts to reboot the series, such as the American Godzilla in 2014 and the most recent Godzilla: Re...
Studio Ponoc's Yoshiaki Nishimura and Hiromasa Yonebayashi talk about escaping Ghibli and forging their own destinies with a lavish fantasy film. ― Mary and the Witch's Flower is the first theatrical feature from Studio Ponoc, a brand-new animation house brimming with former Studio Ghibli luminaries (and a whole lot of the artists responsible for making Ghibli films as beautiful as they are). Founded...
One reader wonders why Adult Swim went with the 2011 Hunter x Hunter instead of the original 90s version - and why in general, not much classic anime is on US TV. Justin considers the angles. ― Joshua asked: Why does Toonami always go with the new versions of series over the old classic ones? For example Hunter x Hunter choose the 2011 version over the 1999 version. As much as you and I love the loo...