News Shueisha Starts Semi-Monthly Manga Mag for Grown-Ups
posted on 2011-09-18 12:30 EDT
This year's 20th issue of Shueisha's Business Jump magazine is announcing on Wednesday that Shueisha will launch a new semi-monthly seinen manga magazine called Grand Jump in November. According to Shueisha, the magazine will be "for liberated adults."
Shueisha will provide more details on the new magazine on October 5 in Business Jump magazine's combined 21st/22nd issue — the last issue of the magazine. Shueisha had announced in July that it would end both Business Jump and another semi-monthly seinen magazine called Super Jump, but would launch a new semi-monthly magazine this fall.
Grand Jump will continue the following manga from Business Jump:
- Ore no Sora: Keiji-Hen by Hiroshi Motomiya
- Amai Seikatsu (under a new title) by Hikaru Yuzuki
- Uramiya Honpo Reboot by Showshow KURIHARA
- Guy ~Ishoku Byōtō 24-ji~ by Tomoaki Katō, Jiro Ando
- Boku no Karada wa Two Outs by Yoshitani
- Mankitsu by Haruki
- Sekai ni Dai-jiman Shitai Nihon no Kaisha by Kōji Sakamoto, Kōji Koseki, Takayuki Hirasawa
- Yesterday o Utatte (Sing "Yesterday" for Me) by Kei Toume
- Dashi Master by Naotsugu Matsueda
The new magazine will also continue the following manga from Super Jump:
- Bartender by Kenji Nagatomo
- Gendai Toshi Yōkikō Reibaishi Izuna ~the spiritual medium~ by Sho Makura, Takeshi Okano
- Gokujo—. by Maya Miyazaki
In addition to these continuing manga series, Grand Jump will have new manga series and projects.
[Via Manga News]
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history