Crunchyroll to Stream Uta no Prince-sama - Maji Love 2000% TV Anime
posted on by Crystalyn Hodgkins
The media distribution service Crunchyroll announced on Tuesday that it will stream the Uta no Prince-sama - Maji Love 2000% television anime series. The website will stream the series on Wednesdays starting on April 3 at 2:00 p.m. EDT for members in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, the Netherlands, and Scandinavia. Crunchyroll also revealed that it will add the first season of the anime, Uta no Prince-sama - Maji Love 1000%, at a later date for the same regions.
The anime adapts a dating simulation video game for female players developed by Broccoli. In the slapstick romantic comedy, the female protagonist goes to a school for the performing arts with boys who are budding idols.
The anime will star the following voice cast:
- Miyuki Sawashiro as Haruka Nanami
- Takuma Terashima as Otoya Ittoki
- Kenichi Suzumura as Masato Hijirikawa
- Kishô Taniyama as Natsuki Shinomiya
- Mamoru Miyano as Tokiya Ichinose
- Junichi Suwabe as Ren Jingūji
- Hiro Shimono as Shō Kurusu
- Kousuke Toriumi as Aijima Cecil
- Showtaro Morikubo as Reiji Kotobuki
- Tatsuhisa Suzuki as Ranmaru Kurosaki
- Shouta Aoi as Ai Mikaze
- Tomoaki Maeno as Camus
- Yūichi Nakamura as Ringo Tsukimiya
- Koji Yusa as Ryūya Hyūga
- Yuka Imai as Tomochika Shibuya
- Norio Wakamoto as Shining Saotome
The staff is as follows:
- Original Creator: Kanon Kunozuki & Broccoli
- Director & Storyboard: Yuu Kou
- Original Character Design: Chinatsu Kurahana
- Character Design & Chief Animation Director: Mitsue Mori
- Music: Elements Garden
- Animation Production: A-1 Pictures
- Production: UTA PRI 2 PROJECT
The original Uta no Prince-sama - Maji Love 1000% anime aired in Japan in July 2011, and ended in the September of that year. Niconico streamed that series outside of Japan as it aired. The second season was revealed at an event last August.
Uta no Prince-sama - Maji Love 2000% will begin airing in Japan on April 3.