News Sentai Filmworks Adds Uta no Prince-Sama Anime's 2nd Season
posted on 2013-04-23 18:18 EDT by Crystalyn Hodgkins
North American anime licensing company Sentai Filmworks announced on Tuesday that it has licensed the Uta no Prince-sama - Maji Love 2000% sequel television anime series. Sentai Filmworks will release the series digitally with a home video release to follow later this year. Crunchyroll is currently streaming the series outside of Japan as it airs.
The company had announced on Friday that it licensed the first season, Uta no Prince-sama - Maji Love 1000%.
Both anime series adapt a dating simulation video game for female players developed by Broccoli. In the slapstick romantic comedy, the female protagonist goes to a school for the performing arts with boys who are budding idols.
The sequel series stars the following voice cast:
- Miyuki Sawashiro as Haruka Nanami
- Takuma Terashima as Otoya Ittoki
- Kenichi Suzumura as Masato Hijirikawa
- Kishô Taniyama as Natsuki Shinomiya
- Mamoru Miyano as Tokiya Ichinose
- Junichi Suwabe as Ren Jingūji
- Hiro Shimono as Shō Kurusu
- Kousuke Toriumi as Aijima Cecil
- Showtaro Morikubo as Reiji Kotobuki
- Tatsuhisa Suzuki as Ranmaru Kurosaki
- Shouta Aoi as Ai Mikaze
- Tomoaki Maeno as Camus
- Yūichi Nakamura as Ringo Tsukimiya
- Koji Yusa as Ryūya Hyūga
- Yuka Imai as Tomochika Shibuya
- Norio Wakamoto as Shining Saotome
The staff is as follows:
- Original Creator: Kanon Kunozuki & Broccoli
- Director & Storyboard: Yuu Kou
- Original Character Design: Chinatsu Kurahana
- Character Design & Chief Animation Director: Mitsue Mori
- Music: Elements Garden
- Animation Production: A-1 Pictures
- Production: UTA PRI 2 PROJECT
The original Uta no Prince-sama - Maji Love 1000% anime aired in Japan in July 2011, and ended in the September of that year. Niconico streamed that series outside of Japan as it aired. Uta no Prince-sama - Maji Love 2000% premiered in Japan on April 3.
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history