Battle Girl High School Anime's 1st Video Reveals Cast, Staff
posted on by Jennifer Sherman
The official website for COLOPL's Battle Girl High School smartphone role-playing game began streaming the first promotional video for the anime adaptation on Wednesday. The video reveals the main cast, staff, and July premiere.
The smartphone game's main cast are reprising their roles for the anime. The cast includes:
- Aya Suzaki as Miki Hoshitsuki
- Ayane Sakura as Subaru Wakaba
- Sora Amamiya as Haruka Narumi
- Nao Toyama as Nozomi Amano
- Sumire Uesaka as Yuri Himukai
- Saori Hayami as Kurumi Tokiwa
- Kaede Hondo as Kanon Kōgami
- Shino Shimoji as Shiho Kunieda
- Yumi Uchiyama as Anko Tsubuzaki
- Yoshino Nanjō as Renge Serizawa
- Mutsumi Tamura as Asuha Kusunoki
- Misaki Kuno as Sakura Fujimiya
- Hiromi Igarashi as Hinata Minami
- Aoi Yuki as Sadone
- Ibuki Kido as Kaede Sendōin
- Emiri Katō as Michelle Watagi
- Hitomi Harada as Kokomi Asahina
- Maaya Uchida as Urara Hasumi
Noriaki Akitaya (Bakuman., Castle Town Dandelion) is directing the anime at Silver Link. Yasuyuki Ōishi (Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches, Blade & Soul episode director) is serving as assistant director, and Kazuo Miyake (Gintama, Code Geass episode director) is serving as series director. Yousuke Kuroda (My Hero Academia, Gundam Build Fighters) is in charge of series composition. Shuuhei Yamamoto (Anime De Training! Ex) and Hideki Furukawa (Magic of Stella, Invaders of the Rokujyōma!?) are designing the characters.
Other staff members include:
- Action/Effects Design: Satoshi Sakai, Kazunori Ozawa
- Clothing/Prop Design: Masami Imai, Susumu Matsunaga, Masato Warashina
- Weapon/Irōsu Design: Yoshikazu Miyao, Satoshi Yuri
- Color Design: Eri Shigetomi
- Art Director: Nobuaki Mihara (Studio Uni)
- 3D Director: Tsutomu Rikugawa (Dynamo Pictures)
- Director of Photography: Takeshi Hirooka (Nexus)
- Editing: Kentarou Tsubone (REAL-T)
- Sound Director: Fumiyuki Go
- Music Production: Flying Dog
The anime will have a talk event at Hakuhodo DY Music & Pictures' booth at AnimeJapan on Saturday. Suzuki, Sakura, and Uchida will appear at the event. The booth will also display life-size cutouts of the 18 Hoshimori, screen the promotional video, and distribute clear files.
The website also announced that Makoto Sakurai's Battle Girl High School The 4-Koma Idol Girl After School manga (pictured below) will be published as compiled books, and the first volume will ship on May 27. Kadokawa's Dengeki G's Comic magazine is serializing the manga. The first and second volumes of Akemi Hachiagawa's novel adaptation, titled Battle Girl High School Part.1 Believe and Battle Girl High School Part.2 Deep-Connect, will ship on June 20 and July 20, respectively. Haruinu is illustrating the novels. Kadokawa will release the game's Battle Girl High School Official Art Works illustration compilation book on August 31.
The school action role-playing game is set in the year 2045. The world has been contaminated by Irōsu (mysterious invaders who suddenly appeared), and humans find themselves restricted and contained. Standing boldly against these invaders are ordinary girls everywhere, without a powerful army or even weapons. The Shinjugammine Girls Academy is a school for these "Hoshimori" (Star Guardians) destined to fight the Irōsu. The player is assigned to this academy to train the girls and take back the contaminated Earth.
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history