News Sentai Filmworks Licenses UQ Holder! Anime for Anime Strike Simulcast
posted on 2017-09-25 15:31 EDT by Karen Ressler
Sentai Filmworks announced on Monday that it has licensed the television anime of Ken Akamatsu's UQ Holder! (UQ Holder! Magister Negi Magi! 2) manga. The anime will stream during this fall's simulcast season on Anime Strike within the United States and on select digital outlets in other countries. A home video release will follow.
The anime will premiere in Japan on October 2 at 24:00 (effectively October 3 at 12:00 a.m.) on Tokyo MX, KBS Kyoto, Sun TV, and BS11. The series will also air an hour later on tvk. The anime will stream in Japan on GyaO! starting in October.
The cast includes:
- Yuka Takakura as Touta Konoe
- Yuki Matsuoka as Yukihime
- Yūki Hirose as Kurōmaru Tokisaka
- Rina Satou as Negi Springfield
- Ai Kayano as Kirie Sakurame
- Yui Ogura as Karin
- Yuri Shiratori as Sayo Aisaka
- Natsuko Kuwatani as Yue Ayase
- Akemi Kanda as Asuna Kagurazaka
- Akeno Watanabe as Chachamaru Karakuri
- Yui Horie as Makie Sasaki
- Miho Sakuma as Mana Tatsumiya
- Mamiko Noto as Nodoka Miyazaki
- Junko Minagawa as Ayaka Yukihiro
- Akira Ishida as Fate Averruncus
- Sayaka Harada as Shinobu Yūki
- Akari Kitō as Mizore Yukihiro
- Tetsuya Kakihara as Ikkū Ameya
- Shunsuke Sakuya as Jinbei Shishido
- Yuuki Kaji as Gengorō Makabe
- Rikiya Koyama as Jack Rakan
- Daisuke Ono as Ku:nel Sanders
UQ Holder! is set in the world of Akamatsu's Negima! Magister Negi Magi manga, and takes place years after the earlier manga. The story centers on a boy named Touta who dreams of leaving his small town and moving to the city. However, he must first defeat his teacher, the immortal Evangeline.
Youhei Suzuki (Urara Meirochō, Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Sword Oratoria) is directing the anime at J.C. Staff. Akamatsu himself is in charge of the series scripts alongside Shogo Yasukawa (Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma, Alderamin on the Sky). Masahiro Fujii (Hayate the Combat Butler, The Familiar of Zero) is designing the characters, and EGG FIRM is producing the series.