Motokare Mania Live-Action Series Reveals 7 New Cast Members
posted on by Rafael Antonio Pineda
The new cast members include (from left to right in image above, character name romanizations are not official):
- Shinya Kote as Ichirō Andō, the president of the Chilorian real estate company where Yurika and Saitō work
- Yamaguchi Sayaka as Sakura Marunouchi, the author of the novel that Yurika loves to read
- Minami Tanaka as Mugi "Mugi-chan" Kurusu, a radio personality in a Hokkaido community radio station
Other new cast members include:
- Kanro Morita as Shō Ōzawa, a colleague of Yurika and Saitō
- Daichi as Kōji Arata, Sakura's editor
- Toranosuke Katō as Takashi Masuda, the bartender of "Bar Nekome," a bar that Yurika frequents
- Shōta Inoue as Yasushi Kondō, a part-time worker at "Bar Nekome"
The series will premiere on Fuji TV in October.
The previously revealed cast includes Yūko Araki (center in picture below) as Yukari Nanba (character name romanizations not official), Kengo Kora (right) as Makoto "Makochi" Saitō, and Kenta Hamano (left) as Fumio Yamashita.
The manga centers on Yukari, whose thoughts keep drifting back to her ex-boyfriend "Makochi" Makoto — causing her current relationships to not go too well.
Takinami's four-panel comedy manga Rinshi!! Ekoda-chan ran in Kodansha's Afternoon magazine from 2005 to 2014, and inspired a 2011 television anime. Most recently, it inspired another television anime that premiered on January 8 and featured a different director and voice actress for the main character in every episode.