Right Stuf's Anime Today Talks Ultimo with Viz Editor Joel Enos
GRIMES, IA, March 18, 2010 – Anime producer and mega-online anime retailer Right Stuf, Inc. is pleased to welcome Joel Enos – Viz Media's senior editor for Shonen Jump manga and the editor of Stan Lee and Hiroyuki Takei's ULTIMO manga – to episode 111 of ANIME TODAY.
In this new interview, Enos talks about the storyline and premise of Ultimo, the manga collaboration between legendary U.S. comics creator Stan Lee (Spider-Man, X-Men) and Japanese author and artist Hiroyuki Takei (Shaman King). He also discusses the unique working relationship between the two comics legends and Ultimo's appeal to both manga fans and fans of Western comics. And he also tells fans about some of the surprises – color pages and more – they can find in the pages of Ultimo's graphic novel volumes.
Ultimo is currently serialized in VIZ's English-language edition of Shonen Jump, and the first collected, graphic novel volume of Ultimo is now available.
Also in episode 111 of ANIME TODAY:
* Chad shares “What's Hot” in the world of anime and manga.
* Rich shares how fans can find “breakin' bargains” on DVDs and more from Geneon. (Through Monday, March 22, 2010.)
* Rich announces the latest Year of the Otaku winners, as well as the winners of the contest celebrating Viz Pictures' release of the live-action film 20th Century Boys: The Last Hope. Then he kicks off a new contest leading up to the release of Rental Magica, Part 2 from Nozomi Entertainment.
* In the new “Watch Stuf” segment, Christy and Nick chat about the recent DVD release of Hayao Miyazaki's film Ponyo.
* Marie takes a look at FUNimation's release of Slayers Revolution, the fourth season of the long-running fantasy series.
* Listen to clips from Yoko Kanno's Earth Maiden Arjuna: Into the Another World soundtrack from Geneon Music. Also hear tracks from JapanFiles.com artists SAWA (“Bubbles” from the CD Figure and Shadow) and astrid (“yes” from their self-titled CD).
* And finally, ANIME TODAY highlights some of the newest fan reviews from Right Stuf.com visitors.
Have a question about anime and manga? Want to comment on one of the podcast's segments? Call our Anime Today Hotline at 1-800-338-6827, ext. 7424. You may hear yourself on a future episode of Anime Today!
Visit www.rightstuf.com and www.animetoday.com for this episode, as well as an archive of all ANIME TODAY episodes and extended liner notes. Listeners can also download and subscribe to ANIME TODAY via the Apple iTunes Music Store.
Meet other anime fans, talk with ANIME TODAY listeners, submit your suggestions for future episodes and more at the new ANIME TODAY forums: http://www.rightstuf.com/ubbthreads/.
Follow ANIME TODAY on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/animetoday.
ABOUT ANIME TODAY
Released once a month, ANIME TODAY is the first commercially-produced podcast aimed at enthusiasts of Japanese animation and comics (“anime” and “manga”). Each episode features fresh content and gives listeners a glimpse into what's new and what's hot in the world of anime and manga. Segments include reviews of titles from all major anime studios, insights into the industry from anime producers, tips on traveling to and around Japan, interaction with listeners, contests, prizes and more.
“If you're into anime and what's happening in the anime market then this is the podcast for you!” - User review on iTunes
ABOUT RIGHT STUF, INC.
Currently celebrating its 23rd year in business, Right Stuf, Inc. was one of the first players in the U.S. Japanese Animation ("anime") industry, as both an anime producer/distributor and a retailer. Right Stuf works to promote knowledge of its own products, as well as the anime and manga industry, in general, through its online storefront at Right Stuf.com and a variety of media including podcasts and special publications.
Nozomi Entertainment, Right Stuf's production division, is dedicated to the highest quality releases. True to the Japanese word that inspired its name, Nozomi's focus is on “what fans want.” By focusing on a limited number of anime properties each year, the Nozomi production team ensures each release receives the care and attention to detail it deserves.
From anime classics like Astro Boy, Kimba and Gigantor to modern comedies, dramas and favorites such as The Irresponsible Captain Tylor, His and Her Circumstances, Gravitation, Shingu: Secret of the Stellar Wars, Ninja Nonsense, To Heart, The Third: The Girl with the Blue Eye, Emma: A Victorian Romance, Maria Watches Over Us, ARIA, Gakuen Alice, Rental Magica and Junjō Romantica, Right Stuf and Nozomi Entertainment produce quality programming for fans of all ages and interests. For more information, visit www.rightstuf.com and www.nozomient.com.