Right Stuf's Anime Today Orders Up Some Neko Ramen with Tokyopop Editor Cindy Suzuki
Natsume's Book of Friends, Mini Japanese 101, reviews, contests & more in episode 113!
GRIMES, IA, May 20, 2010 – Anime producer and mega-online anime retailer Right Stuf, Inc. is pleased to welcome Cindy Suzuki – TOKYOPOP's editor for the manga NEKO RAMEN – to episode 113 of ANIME TODAY.
In this new, two-segment interview, Suzuki talks about the one-of-a-kind humor found in Neko Ramen and “Taisho,” its unorthodox, cat model-turned-ramen shop owner protagonist. She also discusses how the series' four-koma format affected the storytelling and the adaptation process, as well as the series' appeal to fans of manga, cats and the culinary arts. Then she shares what fans can expect in future volumes and how they can further immerse themselves in Taisho's world.
The first volume of Neko Ramen, by Kenji Sonishi, will be available in early June 2010 from TOKYOPOP. Neko Ramen, Vol. 2 is scheduled for September 2010.
Also in episode 113 of ANIME TODAY:
* Chad shares “What's Hot” in the world of anime and manga.
* Shawne shares how fans can“discover the alchemy of savings” on DVDs, Blu-ray and more from FUNimation.
* Rich announces the latest Year of the Otaku winners, as well as the winners for the Negative Happy Chainsaw Edge contest, and a new contest celebrating the DVD release of the K-drama Brilliant Legacy.
* Judy-sensei's back with an all-new, feline-themed “Mini Japanese 101.”
* Marie takes a look at VIZ Media's release of the Natsume's Book of Friends manga by Yuki Midorikawa.
* Listen to clips by Indigo from Geneon Music's Indigo Suite CD. Also hear tracks from JapanFiles.com artists ROCKET K (“MY KITTEN” from RADIO GROOVIE DRUNKERS), HNC (“KITTEN'S BREAKS” from CULT), noodles (“kitty south” from Cover me Shakespeare), and MORNING GLORY (“KARMA CHAMELEON” from MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR).
* And finally, ANIME TODAY highlights some of the newest fan reviews from RightStuf.com visitors.
Have a question about anime and manga? Want to comment on one of the podcast's segments? Call our Anime Today Hotline at 1-800-338-6827, ext. 7424. You may hear yourself on a future episode of Anime Today!
Visit www.rightstuf.com and www.animetoday.com for this episode, as well as an archive of all ANIME TODAY episodes and extended liner notes. Listeners can also download and subscribe to ANIME TODAY via the Apple iTunes Music Store.
Meet other anime fans, talk with ANIME TODAY listeners, submit your suggestions for future episodes and more at the new ANIME TODAY forums: http://www.rightstuf.com/ubbthreads/.
Follow ANIME TODAY on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/animetoday.
Find Right Stuf on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/rightstuf.
ABOUT ANIME TODAY
Released once a month, ANIME TODAY is the first commercially-produced podcast aimed at enthusiasts of Japanese animation and comics (“anime” and “manga”). Each episode features fresh content and gives listeners a glimpse into what's new and what's hot in the world of anime and manga. Segments include reviews of titles from all major anime studios, insights into the industry from anime producers, tips on traveling to and around Japan, interaction with listeners, contests, prizes and more.
“If you're into anime and what's happening in the anime market then this is the podcast for you!”
- User review on iTunes
ABOUT RIGHT STUF, INC.
Currently celebrating its 23rd year in business, Right Stuf, Inc. was one of the first players in the U.S. Japanese Animation ("anime") industry, as both an anime producer/distributor and a retailer. Right Stuf works to promote knowledge of its own products, as well as the anime and manga industry, in general, through its online storefront at RightStuf.com and a variety of media including podcasts and special publications.
Nozomi Entertainment, Right Stuf's production division, is dedicated to the highest quality releases. True to the Japanese word that inspired its name, Nozomi's focus is on “what fans want.” By focusing on a limited number of anime properties each year, the Nozomi production team ensures each release receives the care and attention to detail it deserves.
From anime classics like Astro Boy, Kimba and Gigantor to modern comedies, dramas and favorites such as The Irresponsible Captain Tylor, His and Her Circumstances, Gravitation, Shingu: Secret of the Stellar Wars, Ninja Nonsense, To Heart, The Third: The Girl With the Blue Eye, Emma: A Victorian Romance, Maria Watches Over Us, ARIA, Gakuen Alice, Rental Magica and Junjo Romantica, Right Stuf and Nozomi Entertainment produce quality programming for fans of all ages and interests. For more information, visit www.rightstuf.com and www.nozomient.com.