Right Stuf's Anime Today Previews Fall 2010 Releases With Funimation Brand Manager Amber BarnesSep 23rd 2010
FUNimation Brand Manager Amber Barnes
Best of author interviews, Bunny Drop manga, contests & more in ep. 117!
GRIMES, Iowa, September 23, 2010 – Anime producer and mega-online anime retailer Right Stuf, Inc. is pleased to welcome FUNimation Brand Manager Amber Barnes to episode 117 of ANIME TODAY.
In this new interview, Barnes discusses how she got her start marketing anime, as well as some of her recent and upcoming anime projects – Casshern Sins, The Slayers seasons 4 and 5 on Blu-ray, and Spice and Wolf. Plus, she reveals details about the Halloween release of the live-action horror-comedy Vampire Girl vs. Frankenstein Girl.
Also, Anime Today takes a look back at the podcast's segments with authors, including Patrick Macias (Otaku USA, Japanese Schoolgirl Inferno), Frederik L. Schodt (The Astro Boy Essays), Fred Ladd (Astro Boy director, Astro Boy and Anime Come to the Americas), Helen McCarthy (500 Essential Anime Movies, Art of Osamu Tezuka, Manga Cross-Stitch), Jonathan Clements (Schoolgirl Milky Crisis, Anime Encyclopedia) and Patrick W. Galbraith (Otaku Encyclopedia).
Also in episode 117 of ANIME TODAY:
- Chad shares “What's Hot” in the world of anime and manga.
- Rich shares how fans can find “heavenly deals” on Blu-ray, DVDs and more from Media Blasters and its specialty labels.
- Marie takes a look at the Yen Press release of the Bunny Drop manga by Yumi Unita.
- Rich announces the latest Year of the Otaku grab bag winners, plus the winners of the There's Something About Sunyool manhwa and You're Beautiful K-drama contests. Then he reminds listeners about the ongoing contest for a Japanese limited-edition stamp set featuring artwork by Golgo 13 creator Takao Saito. And finally, he kicks off a new contest with FUNimation for two Casshern Sins prize packages that each include Part 1 of the anime on DVD, plus a signed metal poster featuring artwork from the series.
- Listen to clips from the Texhnolyze CD soundtracks – Music Only Music But Music and The Man of Men – from Geneon Music.
- Also hear tracks from JapanFiles.com artists Aoi Kidokoro (“Hotarubi” from Yume Maboroshi No Shiro), KEYTALK (“Blue Moon Light” from TIMES SQUARE), and Roma Tanaka (title track from LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL).
- And finally, ANIME TODAY highlights some of the newest fan reviews from Right Stuf.com visitors.
Have a question about anime and manga? Want to comment on one of the podcast's segments? Call our Anime Today Hotline at 1-800-338-6827, ext. 7424. You may hear yourself on a future episode of Anime Today!
Visit www.rightstuf.com and www.animetoday.com for this episode, as well as an archive of all ANIME TODAY episodes and extended liner notes. Listeners can also download and subscribe to ANIME TODAY via the Apple iTunes Music Store.
Meet other anime fans, talk with ANIME TODAY listeners, submit your suggestions for future episodes and more at the new ANIME TODAY forums: http://www.rightstuf.com/ubbthreads/.
Follow ANIME TODAY on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/animetoday.
Find Right Stuf on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/rightstuf.
Released once a month, ANIME TODAY is the first commercially-produced podcast aimed at enthusiasts of Japanese animation and comics (“anime” and “manga”). Each episode features fresh content and gives listeners a glimpse into what's new and what's hot in the world of anime and manga. Segments include reviews of titles from all major anime studios, insights into the industry from anime producers, tips on traveling to and around Japan, interaction with listeners, contests, prizes and more.
“If you're into anime and what's happening in the anime market then this is the podcast for you!”
- User review on iTunes
ABOUT RIGHT STUF, INC.
Currently celebrating its 23rd year in business, Right Stuf, Inc. was one of the first players in the U.S. Japanese Animation ("anime") industry, as both an anime producer/distributor and a retailer. Right Stuf works to promote knowledge of its own products, as well as the anime and manga industry, in general, through its online storefront at Right Stuf.com and a variety of media including podcasts and special publications.
Nozomi Entertainment, Right Stuf's production division, is dedicated to the highest quality releases. True to the Japanese word that inspired its name, Nozomi's focus is on “what fans want.” By focusing on a limited number of anime properties each year, the Nozomi production team ensures each release receives the care and attention to detail it deserves.
From anime classics like Astro Boy, Kimba and Gigantor to modern comedies, dramas and favorites such as The Irresponsible Captain Tylor, His and Her Circumstances, Gravitation, Shingu: Secret of the Stellar Wars, Ninja Nonsense, To Heart, The Third: The Girl with the Blue Eye, Emma: A Victorian Romance, Maria Watches Over Us, ARIA, Gakuen Alice, Rental Magica and Junjō Romantica, Right Stuf and Nozomi Entertainment produce quality programming for fans of all ages and interests. For more information, visit www.rightstuf.com and www.nozomient.com.
discuss this in the forum (1 post) |