• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Evangelion 2.0's U.S. Screenings Listed

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sanosuke_Inara

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:03 pm Reply with quote
On second thought, the one in Greensboro is going on for a whole week....I might just be able to make it. :/

But still, these are all of them? I could've sworn that they stated they were aiming for 70-100 theatres, and this is not that. Confused
Raikuro

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:10 pm Reply with quote
Am I to assume both movies will be the subbed versions? I have no problem reading subs, it just means I'll have a hard time convincing friends to come with me...
GMSenpai

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:14 pm Reply with quote
It seems like Eva 1.0 got a wider release then this. I'm quite disappointed this time around.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:24 pm Reply with quote
GMSenpai wrote:
It seems like Eva 1.0 got a wider release then this. I'm quite disappointed this time around.

Only in Canada. This seems like a much larger release for the US, and in more cities around the country than the last one.
hikaru004

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:32 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
GMSenpai wrote:

Only in Canada. This seems like a much larger release for the US, and in more cities around the country than the last one.

I wouldn't label this as "around the country". Gantz live-action has better penetration than EVA 2.0.
yamiangie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:40 pm Reply with quote
I think it's easier to get a dubbed live action foreign film into a lot of theaters than an animated one.
hobe

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:41 pm Reply with quote
This is definitely disappointing news for fans in the midwest US. I'm pretty sure that the 1.0 run had at least double the amount of cities. There were two locations in Ohio alone last time and at least one in western Pennsylvania! I'm SOL this time, I guess (unless I feel like driving 5 hours to Indiana). Too bad, I was hoping to see all four on the big screen. It's too bad Funimation doesn't release through Fathom Events like Bandai does. 300 screens for Gantz vs. 20 for Eva is pretty ridiculous when you think about it.
Razzuel

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:20 pm Reply with quote
If it has an English dub, I'll go see it.
icomeanon6
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:26 pm Reply with quote
For crissakes, people. This is a listing of initial screenings. 1.0 started out with a list this small, too. There are going to be more theaters running it than this, they just haven't been decided on yet.
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:27 pm Reply with quote
Wow, I'm honestly surprised that not only is it running in my region (southeast), but it's actually running in my state and city AND for a whole week.
taster of pork

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:36 pm Reply with quote
Only one day in San Diego? That sucks.
aizensama666

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:38 pm Reply with quote
Damn....when they said that it was going to be shown in theaters in America, I was hoping they were going for a massive Memories of Nobody type release....as in I would get to go to the Cinemark in Scranton to see it. I'm pretty sure there are a lot more Eva nerds than Bleach nuts that are willing to go and pay to see this...but maybe I'm wrong.
kawaiibunny3

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:59 pm Reply with quote
yus! first listing's in Austin! ....its the Wednesday on the first week back to school for me.......and i think i signed up for a night class this semester...
darnit-all D:< I just cant win

Oh well, I'll find a way to make it work...
grapeofdeath

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:12 am Reply with quote
hikaru004 wrote:
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
GMSenpai wrote:

I wouldn't label this as "around the country". Gantz live-action has better penetration than EVA 2.0.

Gantz is going through Fathom Events which usually show in 300+ theaters.

This isn't a bad turnout in my opinion. To get this movie most cinemas have to specifically request it. I knew Living Room Theatre in Portland, OR would request 2.0 after how well 1.0 did. They originally requested it for 1 week, but it did so well at their location that they were able to keep it for 2 more.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Asrialys

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:00 am Reply with quote
taster of pork wrote:
Only one day in San Diego? That sucks.

Might be two days depending Razz
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3