• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Metal Fight Beyblade 4D TV Anime to Launch

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jr240483

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:24 pm Reply with quote
well this looks interesting. I did enjoyed watching Metal Fusion. Though I despises both Nelvana & 4kids with a passion , i can admit they do well with some series even though for both co , it's only two. (Pokemon S1-S8 & the Yugioh series : 4kids) & ( Beyblade as well as Bakguan : Nelvana)

Though I was susprised that Nelvana kept the original Japaneese names for Metal Fusion instead of giving them english name.

does it show promise , yes. but does it mean i trust them . HELL NO!!! and it's cause of that , i hope they don't license Metal Fight Beyblade 4D. Maybe the licensors should give it to Viz Media sister disbrutor Viz Kids. At least when they turn some anime into kids shows , they don't obilerate it unlike Nelvana & 4kids.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Primus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:48 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
well this looks interesting. I did enjoyed watching Metal Fusion. Though I despises both Nelvana & 4kids with a passion , i can admit they do well with some series even though for both co , it's only two. (Pokemon S1-S8 & the Yugioh series : 4kids) & ( Beyblade as well as Bakguan : Nelvana)

Though I was susprised that Nelvana kept the original Japaneese names for Metal Fusion instead of giving them english name.

does it show promise , yes. but does it mean i trust them . HELL NO!!! and it's cause of that , i hope they don't license Metal Fight Beyblade 4D. Maybe the licensors should give it to Viz Media sister disbrutor Viz Kids. At least when they turn some anime into kids shows , they don't obilerate it unlike Nelvana & 4kids.

Nelvana coproduces Beyblade. No one else is going to get that show.
WeirDiE_InC

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:08 pm Reply with quote
jr, leave Nelvana alone.

On another note, 4D? This is just confusing. I wonder what the "D" stands for this time.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:25 pm Reply with quote
No anime company will pick these series anyways. Those other companies use these series to sell toys; anime companies sell DVDs or manga.
Primus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:40 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
No anime company will pick these series anyways. Those other companies use these series to sell toys; anime companies sell DVDs or manga.

Which is funny when you realize that in Japan, almost every piece of TV animation is used as an ad for products, yet in the western world, the ad is the product.
DranzerX13

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:45 pm Reply with quote
Nelvana primarily focuses on licensing/dubbing toy based anime. No other anime company dubs these types of anime.

4kids would've probably been the only other candidate that could've taken Beyblade Metal Fusion (if Nelvana hadn't coproduced it) but they would've have majorly butchered it beyond recognition.
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:53 pm Reply with quote
4D's = 4 dimensions? Yugioh 5D's certainly disappointed when it didn't deliver the 5th dimension but instead 5 dragons.
Nonaka Machine Gun B

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:39 pm Reply with quote
Beyblade is too deep for you.
WeirDiE_InC

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:14 pm Reply with quote
Nonaka Machine Gun B wrote:

Saving the world with magical tops ain't easy Wink
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:17 am Reply with quote
WeirDiE_InC wrote:
Nonaka Machine Gun B wrote:

Saving the world with magical tops ain't easy Wink

These plastic tops with automatic launchers are for babies!
Give us the ol' wooden oblong tops encasing a heavy sharp concrete nail with rope string around it and see which one breaks! Laughing
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:05 pm Reply with quote
WeirDiE_InC wrote:
On another note, 4D? This is just confusing. I wonder what the "D" stands for this time.

According to Corocoro Comic, The "4D" of the anime title comes from the game franchise's revised "4D" system. The "4D" stands for "different" materials, "divided" (multi-part construction), "dynamic," and "deep" customizability.
jr240483

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:43 am Reply with quote
DranzerX13 wrote:
Nelvana primarily focuses on licensing/dubbing toy based anime. No other anime company dubs these types of anime.

4kids would've probably been the only other candidate that could've taken Beyblade Metal Fusion (if Nelvana hadn't coproduced it) but they would've have majorly butchered it beyond recognition.

You had a good point. Cause 4kids would not have kept the original names for metal fusion and they definitely would have butchered it.

Also dont get me wrong. I like watching Beyblade as well as Bakguan, but it's their licensor I along with every anime fan don't trust.

WeirDiE_InC wrote:
jr, leave Nelvana alone.

try watching their version of Cardcaptor Sakura if you can . You'll see why some otakus still have a grudge over them that is as fierce as their grudge over 4kids.

It's those kind of butchering that gives dubs a bad name and the main reasons why most fans like my self will not trust 4kids nor nelvana completely cause the success of these series might get into their heads. Alongs as they stick to licensing kids series like beyblade and yugioh, i will have no problems with it. though it would be interesting to see their original script in eng subs cause even though I mainly watch dubs , i would be interested in seeing uncut sub versions for beyblade, bakguan and yugioh.

Unfortunately with their main cash cow are 7-14 yr old kids , as well as keeping those parental advocates happy, I probably wont see that happening anytime since they'll never let the original sub versions set foot in the US , unless their fansubs.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
WeirDiE_InC

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:18 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptors was ten years ago; get over it dude. You're probably the only person I've met that has a problem with Nelvana. And you really want them to die over one bad mistake?
No, Nelvana is too important in the world of animation to disappear. But they really do need to need to make a deal with someone to stream subs of what anime they have. If 4kids is hopping on the subbing train, so should they. Can't say the same about Disney's acquisitions though.
DranzerX13

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:52 am Reply with quote
I seriously think Nelvana should snag the simulcasting rights to this show, especially since the 3rd season is going to start this April.
The ratings for Beyblade Metal Fusion have been very well received in North America, and Canada.

Proof of the ratings ----> http://corusent.com/home/Corporate/PressReleases/tabid/1697/Default.aspx?Id=2068

There wouldn't be a point trying to simulcast an anime that has low ratings because it would be a waste of time and money.

Now it would be pointless for them to simulcast Bakugan mainly because it was a flop in Japan (after season 1 aired in Japan) and not to mention the english version is like a whole season or so ahead of the original Japanese version.

Even if this show is for kids, it surprisingly has a good amount of late teen - young adult followers as well. That's mainly because people like me watched the older Beyblade series years ago, and are now watching the new generation of its series.

I'm definitely surprised of the ratings for this show in North America. I thought it would've done just good enough to sell the toys, and that's it. Not many anime air on Cartoon Network (not counting adult swim) nowadays, mainly just Beyblade, Bakugan, and Pokemon.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1