• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Jump Superstars Game

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cubs2084

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:31 pm Reply with quote
They actually worked Death Note into it? Bad-ass! Now I'm just waiting for them to announce that Kenshin and Inuyasha characters will be in it as well.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
biolizard_alpha

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:36 pm Reply with quote
Keep in mind, that those series are only the ones currently announced. There will almost definitely be more.

Unless I'm mistaken, Inuyasha isn't Shonen Jump, and therefore won't be in it. Kenshin is though, and will most likely be in.
v1cious

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:39 pm Reply with quote
no Bleach?
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:39 pm Reply with quote
Inu Yasha isn't a Shonen Jump title. Atleast I don't think, I'm fairly sure.

But, Ichigo 100% in a fighting game? More specifically, a Shonen Jump fighting game? Where's Kenshin, Saint Seiya, Fist of the North Star, Yuyu hakusho, etc? Just seems very silly if you ask me. Bobobo is fine, not entirely sure about Death Note though.

Either way, I seriously hope more deserving series get some face in this game.
T0FFe3m@n

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:54 pm Reply with quote
This game looks sweet.

Anything with Dragonball Z and Naruto in the same title has gotta be good! Cool
cubs2084

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 7:14 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
no Bleach?

I saw Rukia on one of the posters for the game, so Bleach will be in there.

Steventheeunuch wrote:
But, Ichigo 100% in a fighting game? More specifically, a Shonen Jump fighting game? Where's Kenshin, Saint Seiya, Fist of the North Star, Yuyu hakusho, etc? Just seems very silly if you ask me. Bobobo is fine, not entirely sure about Death Note though.

Either way, I seriously hope more deserving series get some face in this game.

Only 6 series have been announced so far. No one ever said that these are the only series we'll get. I've no doubt many more will appear.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
ACDragonMaster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 7:23 pm Reply with quote
Aren't all the series announced so far still currently running in Jump? They might not be doing past series, though of course right now it's impossible to know.
quincyarcher

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 7:32 pm Reply with quote
Steventheeunuch wrote:

No doubt Ichigo 100% is mostly there for panty shots. Not enough to go around in the other series(although Misa wears some cute ones in Death Note).

Personally, I had to squeal when I saw Death Note on the list. It'll be fun to see how that one works out. I think it sounds hilarious and greatly unconventional. Although it would be neat to see a few fighting series worked in for contrast.
UltimaShadowfax

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 7:51 pm Reply with quote
ACDragonMaster wrote:
Aren't all the series announced so far still currently running in Jump? They might not be doing past series, though of course right now it's impossible to know.

Uh, DB characters are in it.
Necros Antiquor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 7:55 pm Reply with quote
It's too bad that the US will likely not recieve this game, since the only widely familiar properties over here are DBZ, One Piece, Bleach, Kenshin, Yu Yu Hakusho, and Naruto (despite the lack of licensing for the anime adaption). The anime populace is aware of Saint Seiya (or Knights of the Zodiac, if you prefer), as well as Fist of the North Star, though the non-anime/manga fans won't know what they are. However, it is safe to assume that almost no non-anime/manga fan in America will have any idea what Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo, Ichigo 100%, or Death Note are, and due to the overall obscureness of the titles, despite the runaway popularity of a few (*cough*DBZ*cough*), the title will not be licensed because it will not sell well enough to be economically practical. (Though it would be pretty cool if it did... Wink)

InuYasha would definately boost sales in Japan or America, and there is a chance a character might find his way into the game, since it is serialized in Weekly Shonen Sunday, (which I believe is owned by the same company that does Weekly Shonen Jump), in addition to the fact that the company knows as well that it would boost sales.

First, I would have to get a DS, and they seem to be sold out now...
LordByronius
ANN Columnist

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:09 am Reply with quote
Say what? BO-BOBO!!!

I am so importing this game.

Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo > all.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Wyvern

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:15 am Reply with quote
SWEET. Luffy fighting Naruto...finally, the epic battle between pirates and ninjas reaches its climax. My money's on Luffy.

It would probably be a legal nightmare considering how many different american companies have liscenced these characters, but I hope they'll at least consider bringing the game out here. Rather than thinking that no one will buy it because most of the charecters are unknown, I would take the opposite argument-you could use the DBZ and YYH characters as headliners to sell the game, and the people who buy it will become familiar with the cast of shows like Bleach and Naruto; so when those shows are liscenced, there's a bigger group of fans willing to buy DVD's.
Ataru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 3:02 am Reply with quote
*Preys to *Insert your fav highter being.* that City Hunter will be in there.* But hey, Naruto and DBZ match up will friggn' sweet. Now if only Sega and Nintendo make a VS fighting game.
Necros Antiquor wrote:
It's too bad that the US will likely not recieve this game.

I hope the DS is like the Gameboys of the past were it doesn't have the US only lock on it. If it doesn't, atleast I can import it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 3:30 am Reply with quote
Ataru: Speaking of City Hunter, I asked Hojo if he could convince SEGA to do a dating sim, and he was amused at the idea.
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 3:44 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
Ataru: Speaking of City Hunter, I asked Hojo if he could convince SEGA to do a dating sim, and he was amused at the idea.

LOL AND WEN I WUZ IN JAPANE, I ASKED AKIRA TORAYAMA AT HIZ HOUSE (wen I HANGED OUT WIF HIM MY COUSINS UNCLES A FRIEND OF HIMN LOL) IF THERE WAS A DBAF AND HE SED YES AND VEGETA WUZ HIS FAVRITE CARACHTER!!!1!1oNE!

PS: THIS WUZ B4 HE DIED.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3