• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 3rd Advent Children Trailer

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daemon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 12:48 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the news Wink

I am thinking of releasing a French translation, non-official though, but directly translated from the official ones, what do you guys think?

Here are more information:

Origins
The file is the Official Trailer 03 found on the Official Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Site (http://www.square-enix.co.jp/dvd/ff7ac/). It has been extracted without any quality loss by Daemon from Daeya.org FF7AC Special Feature (http://www.daeya.org/ff7ac/).

Content
The video is a trailer containing high resolution scenes from the FF7:AC Special Edition screening at Venice and Montreal Film Festivals.

Encoding
The video is Official, no scenes or audio has been added or removed. The encoding although has been made by Daemon from Daeya.org.

Subtitles
Having attended the Montreal Film Festival the Daeya.org Team (http://www.daeya.org/ff7ac/) was able to receive the Official Translations of the trailer since all the scenes shown were present on that presentation.

For more information and discussions:
[ Dec-14-2004: Link Removed by Square-Enix USA's Request. ]

Last edited by Daemon on Tue Dec 14, 2004 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
radicaledward

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:40 pm Reply with quote
The Daeya.org trailer is not official, nor are the subtitles official. It is a fansub version that was made with a ripped copy of the swf file on the official site. As such you might want to remove that link Square-Enix has already been in touch with us about something similar.

radicaledward
AdventChildren.net Admin
Proman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:36 pm Reply with quote
Awesome trailer. The graphics are amazing and the direction is incredible. It's cool to see Red XIII and Yuffie.

Random thought while watching the trailer: it's good to see that Tifa's breasts are back to being her "normal" size again Laughing !

Last edited by Proman on Tue Dec 14, 2004 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
tropical_kit

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:46 pm Reply with quote
radicaledward wrote:
The Daeya.org trailer is not official, nor are the subtitles official. It is a fansub version that was made with a ripped copy of the swf file on the official site. As such you might want to remove that link Square-Enix has already been in touch with us about something similar.

radicaledward
AdventChildren.net Admin

Ye gods. Another fansub controversy? Duck and cover!
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 4:44 pm Reply with quote
"Directed by Tetsuya Nomura", which means it will suck horribly. Anyway, Sq'Enix probably didn't want it subbed, because those are the only scenes worth watching. Most likely,
they won't be able to finish the series in an hour, so they'll go the .hack route and make you buy the Vincent game next.
Proman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 4:47 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
"Directed by Tetsuya Nomura", which means it will suck horribly.

~Sigh~ Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes .

radicaledward wrote:

Who cares if it's official or not as long as the subtitles are acurate. Also, I don't think Square-Enix has a right to complain when someone translates their trailer.
v1cious

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 6:34 pm Reply with quote
well it's better than the one on the site.
Necros Antiquor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 11:34 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
"Directed by Tetsuya Nomura", which means it will suck horribly. Anyway, Sq'Enix probably didn't want it subbed, because those are the only scenes worth watching. Most likely,
they won't be able to finish the series in an hour, so they'll go the .hack route and make you buy the Vincent game next.

That might be logical, if it wasn't for the fact that Advent Children is a sequel to FF7, while early information on FF7: Dirge of Cerberus (the Vincent game) points to a prequel. At least that's what I've read.
tebalith

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:38 am Reply with quote
As far as I know, DoC is not a prequel, but I forgot when exactly it will be set. Besides, I think it looks nice.

I'm not a huge FF7 fan, but Advent Children looks nice, really nice, and from what I've seen of the FF7 games, they don't look evil either. Smile If it all contributes to the world and the story and turns out to make sense, it's a wonderful thing to have a little extension to the original game.

Hehe, actually, even if Advent Children won't be more than nice graphics of FF7 characters... that's already a lot.
sinistertaco

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:42 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
"Directed by Tetsuya Nomura", which means it will suck horribly.

Do you ever get tired of being a walking, talking fanboy cliche? It seems like it would be old by now.
radicaledward

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:11 pm Reply with quote
tebalith wrote:
As far as I know, DoC is not a prequel, but I forgot when exactly it will be set. Besides, I think it looks nice.
DoC is a sequal to FFVII and FFVII:AC that takes place three years after the events of FFVII.
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:43 pm Reply with quote
sinister: You're confusing me with Sakaguchi.
Necros Antiquor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 6:16 pm Reply with quote
radicaledward wrote:
tebalith wrote:
DoC is a sequal to FFVII and FFVII:AC that takes place three years after the events of FFVII.

Ah, I must have gotten confused. I haven't beaten the game yet, and maybe my subconscious cried out that it wanted a prequel game (other than that Before Crisis: FF7 MMORPG that was released on those incredibly advanced Japanese cell phones). Besides, I bet some plotholes will appear because of Dirge of Cerberus being squeezed between the game and the movie as a sequel.
The Starfall Knight

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 7:27 pm Reply with quote
The CG looks to be some more of the amazing, delicious eye-candy that Square-Enix has really been pumping out in recent years. I can't wait for the release. I've heard rumors that they're doing a simultanaeous release so it'll come out here around the same time it comes out in Japan. Is this true?

By the way Necros Antiquor, is your avatar of Ta-kun from FLCL?
radicaledward

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 9:04 am Reply with quote
Huh? This is the full timeline for the FFVII story line:

Final Fantasy VII: Before Crises (Cell Phone MMORPG) [link]
Final Fantasy VII (PlayStation) [link - japanese][link - english]
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children (Movie) [link]
Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus (PlayStation 2)

Also, there is one more game that has only been announce with out futher details yet.
Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core (PSP) [link]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2