• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New CMX Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkhunter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 7:40 pm Reply with quote
With all the new manga being licensed, Tempest should start a manganewsnetwork.com Rolling Eyes
Chrno2

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 9:29 pm Reply with quote
Once again a thought becomes a reality when the states starts picking up manga I own on my shelves.

Hahahaahaha!! Laughing

Monster Collection is one of the first major titles that I got turned on to back in 1999-. And it has some great artwork. Sei Itoh became one of my new manga artist favorites. Not to mention the title being based off of the popular game series back on the SFC (Super Famicon). There have been several titles spun off of this series.

The actual title Monster Collection: Majuutsukai no Shoujo which ran 6 vols. Great story but most of all great cast of characters and spectacular art. Sei Itoh puts a great deal of Asianesque feel in his work. I say this is that if you are familar with traditional Japanese art, like 'kabuki' masks and oni masks, etc... lots of designs from creatures that are found in the pages of Japanese tales. His style shows that and he's been doing many books calling for type of style. I'm very surprised that they picked this title up. But then again not a surprised because I was thinking about when they were going to pick it up just this past week. And here it is, a dream come true.

Well, they did pick up Et Cetera by Tow Nakazaki, a title that I never thought would be discovered.

Let see if they decided to pick up any other titles.

See more titles by Sei Itoh:
Dragon Roars a one shot which was published just in time for the year of the dragon 2000.
Zanmakenden
Lan[Gou]den

I will definitely recommend this to my job's library for art reference. Since we are increasing our art library's manga collection.

KW
School of Visual Arts Libary-NYC
Kalendel

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:48 am Reply with quote
CMX also has the rights to Yuu Higuri's Seimaden:

http://newsarama.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23585

Yay =D
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1