• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Aya Hirano Confirms She Is Leaving Agency for Another

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:49 am Reply with quote
probably due to her getting caught sleeping with 3 out of 4 of her bandmates....
Banjo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:13 am Reply with quote
she is disgusting, she can work for hentai animes now Laughing
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:33 am Reply with quote
good for her; if her agency is going to be a sexist cesspool she should leave.
v1cious

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:40 am Reply with quote
I find this whole sex scandal funny, considering this would make her MORE famous anywhere else in the world. Does this apply to male idols as as well? I'm guessing no?

Last edited by v1cious on Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:41 am Reply with quote
Wow. Well, now maybe she won't be banned from voice acting anymore. Anime hyper Her actions were kinda trashy, but I still support her as a voice actress.
chrisb
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:16 pm Reply with quote
She's disgusting for having a sex life? Scandalous. What I find more disgusting is her agency giving her a hard time for her bedroom antics. It's no one's business and it's sad that she lost fans because some losers don't understand that she's a human being with a mind of her own and not some pure princess.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:44 pm Reply with quote
chrisb wrote:
it's sad that she lost fans because some losers don't understand that she's a human being with a mind of her own and not some pure princess.

I suddenly have a hankering for some Megatokyo.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Top Gun

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:18 pm Reply with quote
It amazes me how a country that produces so much ridiculously over-the-top smut can so often be ass-backwards when it comes to much more "normal" aspects of sexuality. Keep bein' weird, Japan.
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:18 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
probably due to her getting caught sleeping with 3 out of 4 of her bandmates....

That'd suck to be the fourth bandmember... the one that didn't get to sleep with her. I'd be, like, "What's up, Aya? What do I need to do to get some quality time with you?" Razz
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:26 pm Reply with quote
chrisb wrote:
She's disgusting for having a sex life? Scandalous. What I find more disgusting is her agency giving her a hard time for her bedroom antics.

You from Texas, right? Just count how many politicians from / in your state have used the term "family values" in their campaigns. You can be as liberal as you want, but unfortunately not everyone is.

Top Gun wrote:
It amazes me how a country that produces so much ridiculously over-the-top smut can so often be ass-backwards when it comes to much more "normal" aspects of sexuality. Keep bein' weird, Japan.

Japanese don't care unethical or even illegal conducts as long as you can hide them well; probably even assist you hiding if they think they can get a share from doing so. However, if you get busted (by someone who finds having you busted would be more profitable, of course) then the majority -- if not the entirety -- of the society will turn their back on you in a blink of an eye.

Local mainstream media have learned this news already; lets see how the autograph session on Monday will turn out.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Sewingrose

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:35 pm Reply with quote
She can sleep with who she wants, and her company are asses to try to punish her for it. And in the comparison to the politicians, when they have sex scandals they are usually cheating on their wives, which is something else entirely.

Japan just has some weird issues when it comes to expressing sexuality healthily in real life. I fell like they try to internalize it so much, and promote even an interest in sex as "perverted", which of course leads to the revolt in the form of hentai.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:23 pm Reply with quote
AdamAnimeHero wrote:
You people are a bunch of freakin pathetic losers. She can do whatever she wants in her private life.

As long as she doesn't want to be an idol, that is correct.

As an idol she's expected to (at least appear to) maintain a certain conduct. Naturally by disobeying that conduct it leads to issues with the agency.

She has all the sexual freedom that she wants, but she cannot expect to seriously be able to maintain her popularity with otaku once her sexual promiscuity is public knowledge, and with her popularity dwindling it's no surprise she has to jump ship to a different agency.

Surely y'all understand that, right? Hannah Montanna or Justin Bieber or whoever has taken their place would be in the exact same position because they're expected to be some sort of bastion of purity for the public to look to. Obviously someone who wants to be (publicly) sexually active should not then undertake such a job.

EDIT: I mean, not to wax political or anything, but we had a President nearly impeached due to morality issues. That's a bit more severe than simply having to switch agencies. Heck, we also just had a case where a Representative of Congress had to resign from simply "sexting" with people. That's just text and pictures, no actual intercourse!
Jackstick

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:21 pm Reply with quote
So does this mean no Haruhi S3?
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:50 pm Reply with quote
personal life shouldn't be other people's problem. hope she will get more voice work soon.
chrisb
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:48 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
AdamAnimeHero wrote:
You people are a bunch of freakin pathetic losers. She can do whatever she wants in her private life.

As long as she doesn't want to be an idol, that is correct.

As an idol she's expected to (at least appear to) maintain a certain conduct. Naturally by disobeying that conduct it leads to issues with the agency.

Uhh they're hired to be entertainers not beacons of innocence. Maybe the problem isn't with their behavior but with some people's stupidity. Justin Bieber and Miley Cyrus have shown their sensuality and have boyfriends/girlfriends that they're very physical with anyway.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3