• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Hatsune Miku's Anime Expo LA Concert Gets BD/DVD/CD

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kireblue

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:13 am Reply with quote
$46 for a CD! $82 for a DVD! Japanese Otaku are crazy

Last edited by kireblue on Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:14 am; edited 1 time in total
nght5tlkr

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:13 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Fellow virtual idols Kagamine Rin, Kagamine Len, and Megurine Luca also appeared.

Exclamation Luka Exclamation
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
MorwenLaicoriel

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:30 am Reply with quote
Wait, why would you need a CD of a Vocaloid performance? It sounds exactly the same as the original recordings since it's a program, right...?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:35 am Reply with quote
kireblue wrote:
$46 for a CD! $82 for a DVD! Japanese Otaku are crazy

na, you just don't know anything. American dollars are the just crazy one(i mean sucks). 6,300 yen is just little big more expensive than a movie or concert dvd. you will probably change your mind about it when 1 dollar was 150 yen few years ago. Couple week's ago that i check is $1 = 75 yen.

people need to stop covert them to USD because they are not selling it in USD. Stuffs in Japan don't get more expensive, it's just our money wroth way less than before. Ohh yea, Canadian dollar wroth more than USD.
Shugo Takahashi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:56 am Reply with quote
-snip-

Last edited by Shugo Takahashi on Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
N.R.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:01 am Reply with quote
Miku performs in Saporo = Japan gets a Saporo live BD.
Miku performs in LA = Japan gets a LA live BD?

Am I the only one who doesn't get the logic behind this?
When the U.S. crowd asked for a BD of this concert, they meant a
BD that you could buy IN the U.S.
I'm skeptic about the English lyrics part though. Crypton will 100% not include English lyrics of the actual songs. Did ANN mean English for the song titles?

Anyway, I'll just wait for both BDs to come out and pick the one that gets better reviews/has better songs.
xBTAx

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:28 am Reply with quote
N.R. wrote:

I'm skeptic about the English lyrics part though. Crypton will 100% not include English lyrics of the actual songs. Did ANN mean English for the song titles?

Anyway, I'll just wait for both BDs to come out and pick the one that gets better reviews/has better songs.

They played "PoPiPo" there, right? There's a 2nd verse with English lyrics that's in the concert/game version (and maybe elsewhere, but I've only heard it in those situations). I'm guessing that's what they're referring to when they say "some with... English lyrics".
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:13 am Reply with quote
xBTAx wrote:
N.R. wrote:

They played "PoPiPo" there, right? There's a 2nd verse with English lyrics that's in the concert/game version (and maybe elsewhere, but I've only heard it in those situations). I'm guessing that's what they're referring to when they say "some with... English lyrics".

That, and the concert featured a version of one of the wowaka songs with english lyrics (world's end dance hall, I think? To be frank all of wowaka's stuff sounds the same to me Smile).

That's what they meant.

Anyway, I paid $10 to watch it live on niconico douga, and I'm satisfied with that. I'm sure the blu-ray will look nice, but I'm not THAT big a fan.
FaytLein

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:02 am Reply with quote
I would so buy a blu ray of that concert, but only if it was a bit more reasonably priced. Especially from a US retailer, so they can track popularity in the US of Miku and Friends. I'd hope it sells well, we need more Miku goodness over here.
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:03 am Reply with quote
I wouldn't be surprised if Sony is a very large problem for ever getting these concerts sold directly in the US or abroad.

Many of the songs in the concert are managed by Sony records (I think all of supercell's stuff is through them), and they're quite notorious about charge obscene royalties for overseas licenses...

Whenever you have concerts of this sort that combine songs of multiple artists, it's probably a nightmare to license the rights overseas, even for sega itself...

IF sega starts putting out the games here, I think there's a chance... But without the games I don't think it's worth it to license the international rights to the songs for sega, unless they were smart enough to get worldwide rights from the very beginning...
Megiddo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:24 am Reply with quote
I'll be curious to see how the sales for this Miku concert compare to those for the K-ON Live Event concert DVD/BDs.

It says 24 songs, which is a pretty deep set. How long did it last? 2hours? Was there any M.C. there to pump up the crowd in between songs and such?
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:36 am Reply with quote
They bother to come out and view a concert of some virtual pop tart to show support and prove that there is a viable market for this sorta stuff, shill themselves with Toyota USA, and this is the thanks to the American Fans?

Wow.
old_yoshi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:57 am Reply with quote
I'm looking forward to buying the BR cause the AX concert sold out. 39 Giving Day was great. Sorry to see so many haters here.
gothung

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:22 am Reply with quote
Shugo Takahashi wrote:

You couldn't be further from the truth! I have the 39's Giving Day concert on CD and I have to say the live versions of these songs are amazing! You have to remember that it's not just the Vocaloid's voice; the live versions' instrumental parts are played by a live band. A lot of songs get more of a rock twist in the live versions.

This.

Still pricey for a BD, so I'm hoping they include extras, both physical and digital (like bonus features on setting up the display, and maybe explaining the technology, etc).
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:22 am Reply with quote
Sigh why is this only going to be sold in japan it was in LA so it should be sold here as well
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2