• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Viz Releases / Licenses

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrhomiec

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:17 pm Reply with quote
so it is finally 100% confirmed that FMA has been taken by Viz, tis a sad day for us all who get the translations online =(
Isaaru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 5:03 pm Reply with quote
mrhomiec wrote:
so it is finally 100% confirmed that FMA has been taken by Viz, tis a sad day for us all who get the translations online =(

No its not. Tis a glorius day.

So your not going to get to download em all for free.. Boo HOO
Go buy the untranslated imported manga and learn japanese...

Viz has done an excellent job with thier translations. There sometimes cheaper, there don't edit anything important out, and have good book binding. They have been in the business here in the US, long before 90% of the otakus knew what an otaku is. Sure ya can't please everyone (naruto fans who whine about technique names), but they made me happy for over 12 yers now.

And to sweeten the deal, its your chance to send a warm and heartfelt appreciation to the hardworking studio and creators of FMA that made my life more meaningful by supporting the process that puts well deserved moolah in thier pockets.

YAY Viz and to everybody that made FMA possible!!

And BOO to all freeloaders who are looking for excuses to not support them.
mrhomiec

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 5:26 pm Reply with quote
i never said i wan't gonna support the American release (then again i didn't say anything at all either =P).. it just sucks that i have to wait even longer to find out how the manga ends. oh well, back to square one i guess
ACDragonMaster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:41 pm Reply with quote
Hm, I'm sure there'll still be *someone* out there posting scanslations for the rest the series, unless of course Viz actually catches up with the Japanese release and stays caught up. Not that *I'd* know of any place like that... >_>

...no, seriously, I actually refuse to read scanslations, because I'd rather just read the original Japanese than trust a fan-translation.

...this news doesn't, however, change my plans to import the Japanese manga through a friend. Unlike with anime, manga isn't generally released here in a format containing the original language...
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 7:14 pm Reply with quote
mrhomiec wrote:

It's been 100% confirmed for two monthes now.
Isaaru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 7:38 pm Reply with quote
mrhomiec wrote:
i never said i wan't gonna support the American release (then again i didn't say anything at all either =P).. it just sucks that i have to wait even longer to find out how the manga ends. oh well, back to square one i guess

my bad, i took your comment the wrong way. I totally understand and feel your pain.

but then again getting that far ahead was a privilage..so dont feel so down.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1